[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Iangyratu wrote:
I tried respeccing to something closer to Zerber's tree, but I might have messed things up. Me being me, I am not familiar with PoB, so didn't even look into calculations after they seemed weird :P Might respec back. I removed, um, minion nodes (Redemption, Righteous Army, Gravepact) and put Call to the Slaughter/Raze and Pillage/Rotten Claws jewel; Energy from Naught and Disci+Determination reservation ones instaed of Herald passives. I use Elegant Hubris with 80% minion damage and 80% armour (4 nodes for both). I hate respeccing.

I think it's the "4 nodes for both" that's getting you, the respec away from the minion damage branches in favor of the Timeless nodes are mostly about getting passive points back to use on cluster jewels. If you can find an Elegant Hubris that lets you spend 0-1 points to get 1x Slum Lord (damage is more important than armor for end-game from what I hear) that's probably better than what you're using now.

Aside from that, you could look for getting more HoP levels from a +1 sockets/+2 duration Skin instead of the one that gets you Resolute Technique (which is a bit redundant with Shapers as those gloves give a ton of accuracy rating) and/or an amulet that gives +1 (or if you're super rich or lucky, 2x +1's) to strength/physical/spell gems. I also have a Cold Iron Point in my alternate weapon set along with a second Aegis so that for tough bosses where spiders are harder to keep up anyway I can just switch to that and the +3 levels adds like 40% more DPS (680K to over 1M in my case, it scales exponentially as you add more levels).

EDIT: Here is my PoB Pastebin if it helps anyone: https://pastebin.com/KHpLLcRW
Last edited by King_Haart on Mar 3, 2021, 2:51:13 AM
Just reach lv 100 today :D, tweak some gear(vulnerability on ring) so i can switch my shaper touch into other gloves and solve resist issue when respecc Holy dominion. Ald think about switching boots/belt but that would cost me ~50ex and i think i'm good. Gonna try survivability test on several content later.

new gear:
whats-new

Dunno what else to tweak, but assuming this is my final gear, then i ended up with 10k ES/57k Armour + 2.8m HoP/sentinel + 80k Spider DPS[with renewal](Initial Pride). Lost ~360k dps from before but extra defensive layer should compensate it.
PoB: https://pastebin.com/r8NzU4BW

"
King_Haart wrote:
How important is it to have Vulnerability on the gloves? I was able to get this ring, wondering if I can switch out Vulnerability on my gloves for something like Temporal Chains on hit instead, like these:

1. Vulnerability is a nice dps boost for our minions, removing it = less dps or even worse have to cast it manually. I assume you would run 2 curses (vulnerability + temporal chain) then you must spec 3 point into whispers of doom since 1 curse is base limit, otherwise gonna stick with vulnerability.

2. There's another issue actually, removing shaper's touch gloves = you need accuracy for cyclone otherwise you'll have hard time summoning HoP/Spiders (dk bout this, but it should be the case). Spec into resolute technique immediately solved this issue, otherwise you need accuracy. Idk if you're fine with 61% hit rate cyclone.

"
Iangyratu wrote:
Thanks for the build! It allowed my first even Uber Atziri kill. It also helped with Aul, A8 Sirus, and t16 Kosis.

However, I am struggling to kill Maven with this. The thing that usually gets me is the degen ground. I am not able to stack all of it at one spot, which leads to me being too slow with the memory game and sometimes other unblockables, and doesn't allow an access to the brain very often. Sometimes I simply can't see the goo-balls on the arena. I also don't have enough damage to kill Maven fast enough to avoid more than one Memory Game per phase. I seem to be doing better after some tries, but I feel I am still lacking skill and/or damage. Does anyone have any hints? I am assuming swapping HoP for Spectres has no sense as there's no minion life allocated in the tree.

Imo maven is more on mechanic based, she doesn't have crazy one tap skill like Sirus so you should tank fine. Learn the mechanic and you should be good.
When i'm doing maven especially last phase i usually just spawn spider, carefully walk so i don't touch the laser/gravity ground, and let maven teleport near me so i can summon HoP next. Every memory game i forgot i just relog, easy skip but at cost 1 portal.

Also ya, spectre is very bad idea, i once ran into valdo rest map with Specter for feeding frenzy (Primal Crushclaw, 100k HP), and it gone in like 15s .
Hi I'm curious as to which of the two setup might be better when running dread banner?
They show about same dps in PoB (Gem links besides the one below Herald-Empower-Minion dmg-Predator)

Divergent Bloodlust - Awakened MultiStrike
vs
Anomalous Impale - Awakened Multistrike

But, would dread banner still be worth running without impale support and rotten claws? or better to swap to some other aura?
Can anyone help me what will be the best upgrade i can currently do?

Double Determination Watcher Eye?
"
Anaroin wrote:
Can anyone help me what will be the best upgrade i can currently do?

Double Determination Watcher Eye?

Hard to tell with much info to go on, but yes double determination watcher's eye is good. I personally prefer Armour + reduced critical damage one. You can also get a +2 Socket Gem chest armour or +2 Duration. Any of the jewels you are using with "corruption blood cannot be inflicted" implicit is also a good upgrade if you are planning to do Sirus or maps with nemesis monsters.
Also check out the min-max section of the guide for better idea :)
"
_Supernal_ wrote:
Hi I'm curious as to which of the two setup might be better when running dread banner?
They show about same dps in PoB (Gem links besides the one below Herald-Empower-Minion dmg-Predator)

vs

But, would dread banner still be worth running without impale support and rotten claws? or better to swap to some other aura?

A few pages back someone said Anomalous Impale is slightly better if you have Divergent Dread Banner too (both need to be alternate quality). But it was a minor improvement, so in general go with whatever suits the links of your Skin of the Lords/Loyal, since getting a +1 or +2 on Loyal or a good keystone on Lords will make a bigger difference in the end.

"
echevierra wrote:
1. Vulnerability is a nice dps boost for our minions, removing it = less dps or even worse have to cast it manually. I assume you would run 2 curses (vulnerability + temporal chain) then you must spec 3 point into whispers of doom since 1 curse is base limit, otherwise gonna stick with vulnerability.

2. There's another issue actually, removing shaper's touch gloves = you need accuracy for cyclone otherwise you'll have hard time summoning HoP/Spiders (dk bout this, but it should be the case). Spec into resolute technique immediately solved this issue, otherwise you need accuracy. Idk if you're fine with 61% hit rate cyclone.

Great point about needing the additional curse node in order to get both, I don't think the benefit is likely to be there as I assume most endgame bosses will be fairly immune to temporal chains (but hopefully not to bleed/maimed from vulnerability). I think I'll roll some Divines on the ring and if I can get a decent roll for that I'll look for good Rare gloves to replace the Shapers. Fortunately the Temp Chains ones I linked were very cheap so no real loss there.
Last edited by King_Haart on Mar 3, 2021, 6:15:22 PM
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
_Supernal_ wrote:

vs

A few pages back someone said Anomalous Impale is slightly better if you have Divergent Dread Banner too (both need to be alternate quality). But it was a minor improvement, so in general go with whatever suits the links of your Skin of the Lords/Loyal, since getting a +1 or +2 on Loyal or a good keystone on Lords will make a bigger difference in the end.

I see, yea I do use Divergent dread banner. Thank you for the reply, I'll stick with
I've managed to hit 2.5mil+ per sentinel(5) and 138k on spiders with splash while sticking close to the originally suggested gear and little tinkering with the tree, still need to find some good jewels to push the damage further.
Nice! 2.5 per sentinel is pretty good I believe, would you mind sharing your tree/gear/PoB?
"
King_Haart wrote:
Nice! 2.5 per sentinel is pretty good I believe, would you mind sharing your tree/gear/PoB?

https://pastebin.com/GAKLYdNj

This is probably not the final tree or gear but most of it might remain the same minus the jewels as I come across better ones.
The Sentinel DPS is down to 2.49 since I'm testing a couple more things and had to remove a damage node from jewel to fit in more accuracy to make up for the loss of INT. Also I use culling strike in cyclone but right now I'm testing precision aura in its place.
Can anyone confirm if critical strike chance is actually even a little bit helpful on spiders or sentinels?

My PoB is not perfect yet since its showing 9 more extra ES than I have and I can't find out why, I'll keep looking. This is also first time I used PoB so please let me know if you find any inconsistencies in my build or have any tips regarding the tree or gear in general.

Edit:
-I have a couple more things I want to try to boost the damage a bit, one being hit level 100 which I might do this week depending on If I want to run Chayula etc.
-Going to get the proper belt enchantment(DoT)today or tomorrow and does anyone know what would be a good enchant for boots besides speed? I need to check that out too.
-Does catalyst quality affect enchantment damage modifiers? Like the one on Belt?
-I also have an extra Elegant Hubris jewel with 160% minion damage which goes on the jewel socket near the witch tree, in case anyone wants to buy one pm me your offer.
Last edited by _Supernal_ on Mar 4, 2021, 5:15:39 AM
"
https://pastebin.com/GAKLYdNj

This is probably not the final tree or gear but most of it might remain the same minus the jewels as I come across better ones.
The Sentinel DPS is down to 2.49 since I'm testing a couple more things and had to remove a damage node from jewel to fit in more accuracy to make up for the loss of INT. Also I use culling strike in cyclone but right now I'm testing precision aura in its place.
Can anyone confirm if critical strike chance is actually even a little bit helpful on spiders or sentinels?

Man, it's hard to find such Elegant Hubris jewel like yours with Minion Damage :D I've tried 20 different without luck...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info