(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
but then I mostly just run about in yellow maps so hopefully it won't need to be. I may swap in a Rumi's if I find myself dying a bit too often. My goal is to try and hit 92 and then start throwing myself at Red maps. I've never rrally ventured much into red maps so be interesting to see how I get on!

Your gear is way better than mine, you will wreck in red maps, easily. I know this because I do, and they're juiced up, vall'd and sextant T15 maps.

Don't be scared, git some!
"
genegenerator wrote:
build from 20/25 exa I would be surprised if it didn't work

p.s.
on average I see 2 exas a season, one day you will explain the trick to me.....

Hey man,

This build will work on much much less, but it's true it scales great with investment.

As to your season average, frankly just playing the game and filling up the atlas should give you at least 2ex worth of currency.
This season however, getting currency is easier than ever. Glacier farming is both fun (IMO), fast and incredibly rewarding.

Someone care to look at my setup? I feel like my dmg is pretty bad and PoB is showing my total dps at 118k. I'm wondering if I missed something?

Char name is ThePuzzleDog
Last edited by brewtr0n on Jul 23, 2019, 1:18:58 AM
"
brewtr0n wrote:

Someone care to look at my setup? I feel like my dmg is pretty bad and PoB is showing my total dps at 118k. I'm wondering if I missed something?

Char name is ThePuzzleDog

I'm showing you at about ~510k Shaper DPS per totem with flasks up. I'm guessing you didn't configure PoB for things like Power Charges, Chill, self-curses or flasks (and may have been looking at the Freezing Pulse gems in your weapon swap instead of the one in your 6L).

So you're on the right track but obviously have some upgrades to look for still. Main one I'd say at a glance is getting your multi-mod weapon done, which will be about a 20% total damage increase over your current weapon. After that is stuff like fossil crafting that helm for -9% cold resistance for nearby enemies, switching out Added Cold Damage for an Empower 4, finishing up the quality on your gem links, stuff like that. Getting to 95 should also be pretty easy and will net you another ~10% total DPS getting to Arcane Swiftness.
"
Wallach wrote:
I'm showing you at about ~510k Shaper DPS per totem with flasks up. I'm guessing you didn't configure PoB for things like Power Charges, Chill, self-curses or flasks (and may have been looking at the Freezing Pulse gems in your weapon swap instead of the one in your 6L).

So you're on the right track but obviously have some upgrades to look for still. Main one I'd say at a glance is getting your multi-mod weapon done, which will be about a 20% total damage increase over your current weapon. After that is stuff like fossil crafting that helm for -9% cold resistance for nearby enemies, switching out Added Cold Damage for an Empower 4, finishing up the quality on your gem links, stuff like that. Getting to 95 should also be pretty easy and will net you another ~10% total DPS getting to Arcane Swiftness.

Thanks a ton for the rundown Wallach! Yeah, I'm not really all that good with PoB so I was pretty sure I had to be doing something wrong haha. Still it's good to know my dps isn't all that bad so far.

My RNG has kinda crapped out on me lately so I'm still working on getting the multi-mod wep and other stuff but I'm still having a great time with the build and die way less than with most other builds I've played so thanks for creating this beast and I'm looking forward to whatever you cook up in the future.
Decided that this would be my final build for the league so I'm dumping all of my currency into it. Level 78 and I've got most items now, just did my first multi mod weapon and it turned out pretty decent I think. Any other suggestions other than just leveling up to get the damage nodes on the tree? Thanks for a fun build!!

Last edited by totalhavok3 on Jul 23, 2019, 7:54:21 PM
Catarina down, next stop Uber Atziri!

Having never done the fight before, how does she compare to Uber Elder and Catarina?

It has the same mechanics as normal Atziri, but has more hp, does more damage and casts faster.

If you can dodge her flameblasts and storm calls, it will be a piece of cake.
Yeah Uber Atziri is very easy with this build. I had done it only once before, and did it with this build deathless without effort.

Much much easier boss than Uber Elder.
"
thomzon wrote:
Yeah Uber Atziri is very easy with this build. I had done it only once before, and did it with this build deathless without effort.

Much much easier boss than Uber Elder.

You were right, I melted her. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info