(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

How does this build compare (damage wise) to your Holy Flame totem build?
"
TheSunliight wrote:
I would love to have a quick Gem summary in the lvling section for each act.
Like the Minimun setup:
Spell Totem - Freezing Pulse - added Cold

If you have open Sockets:
Golem - cwdt

Something along those lines! Maybe even with linked gems to make it even better! :) Its easier to keep my eyes open for the links I need in every act. Would be a great QoL for me personaly in SSF!

Great guide! I will start into SSF Legion HC with it now!

I'll see what I can do when I get some free time. Maybe if I start over in SSF myself it'll be easier to make sure those leveling notes are really accurate.

"
Gulch wrote:

Superior for sure. To what extent depends on the investment, but even on the ground floor it's hard to recommend Holy Flame Totem in that context. In most contexts it's just kind of an upgrade, really.
"
Wallach wrote:

"
Gulch wrote:

Superior for sure. To what extent depends on the investment, but even on the ground floor it's hard to recommend Holy Flame Totem in that context. In most contexts it's just kind of an upgrade, really.

Thanks, I'm lvl 92 right now with the HF totems,the damage is 360k+ per totem when I have everything rolling so that's about 1.44mill tooltip.

I've been wanting something different without having to reroll a new character and the Freezing Pulse totems would be fairly simple to swap to after trading for new gear.
"
Gulch wrote:

FP blows flame Totems outa the park. I was relatively heavily invested at the time, lost two exalt reselling a good Templar caster chest, other then that was a easy switch and was a good one.
Playing this build in LHC and it's doing extremely well with the full-screen freezes. I did make a few changes to make this build a bit tankier at the expense of damage but that's the norm for HC builds. Extremely tanky and still clears exceptionally well.

- Dropped Clear Mind for a life%/mana regen/crit multi jewel
- Added Purity of Elements
- Watcher's Eye with 12% phys dmg from hits taken as fire/12% phys dmg from hits taken as cold while affected by Purity of Elements
- Helm with 10% phys dmg from hits taken as fire
- Dropped Quicksilver for Rumi's
- Dropped Portal+Faster Casting in weapon for Shield Charge+Fortify in a wand with built-in Faster Attacks to boost clear speed with loss of Quicksilver.

This gives 34% phys dmg from hits to ele dmg, as well as Fortify, which makes for a much smoother experience since phys mitigation is the most lacking as noted in your build guide video. Ele resists are balanced for Wise Oak to help mitigate the converted dmg even further, assuming it works that way.
I could get another 6-8% phys dmg taken as ele from corrupting the shield but it's slim pickings for rare gear already in LHC economy so not really worth it imo.

Another option if you're ballin' and are going the Reflection/LL route is getting +1 to minimum endurance charge on your rare ring for the Conviction of Power ele dmg reduction to be up at all times.

Food for thought for others playing in LHC.
I gave up on totems when betrayal was released. This guide lured me back to totems by pointing out the new passive that reduces curse effects and giving a great read through.

Im having a blast and already downed Uber Elder with my character. I dont have that sceptre with the extra chaos damage but hey it worked LOL. Very satisfying to play.

I also put in shield charge+fortify to this build because I kinda play suicidal by charging in and to survive some of the tough map mods where the tanky monsters jump in your face and cant be frozen.
Finally bought the last pieces I needed to try this build. Here is my gear, please let me know if there is something I am doing wrong or if there something I should be upgrading or change.

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Hello Wallach :)

I hope you are well.

Just wanted to pop by and commend you on your excellently written guide plus the guides you have up on Youtube. I found them really helpful.

I wasn't having the best time trying to do legion encounters with Minions this league so I decided to sell my gear and give this a go instead. I do have a budget ED + Cont Trickster but never really liked the playstlye - it's just really efficient; especially when compared to fairly iffy minion AI!

Anyway, I've always loved the sound of monsters freezing and shattering in this game so hoping to see (well hear) a lot of that!!

Hoping to start leveling it this weekend. Bought most of the bits for it minus things like the multi-modded wand. Hoping to save up for a few of the bits along the way and use what I could get fairly cheaply in the meantime.

I'll post back once I've hit maps; should be by Monday - I'm not very fast!! LOL.

Thx again :)

"
frogemoth wrote:
Finally bought the last pieces I needed to try this build. Here is my gear, please let me know if there is something I am doing wrong or if there something I should be upgrading or change.

Haha, I feel like you're well over the bar for what is needed to try the build out. You should be on cruise control with that setup. Obviously you can upgrade some of those pieces (like getting a multi-modded weapon) but you're well on your way.

"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Hello Wallach :)

I hope you are well.

Just wanted to pop by and commend you on your excellently written guide plus the guides you have up on Youtube. I found them really helpful.

I wasn't having the best time trying to do legion encounters with Minions this league so I decided to sell my gear and give this a go instead. I do have a budget ED + Cont Trickster but never really liked the playstlye - it's just really efficient; especially when compared to fairly iffy minion AI!

Anyway, I've always loved the sound of monsters freezing and shattering in this game so hoping to see (well hear) a lot of that!!

Hoping to start leveling it this weekend. Bought most of the bits for it minus things like the multi-modded wand. Hoping to save up for a few of the bits along the way and use what I could get fairly cheaply in the meantime.

I'll post back once I've hit maps; should be by Monday - I'm not very fast!! LOL.

Thx again :)

Thanks for the kind words! I'll probably be leveling again myself as I plan to jump over to SSF pretty soon for something to do.
Damn this stuff is hot, well cool actually. Rocks the house completely. Just started mapping. Well got some decent gear already, but far from perfect.
Last edited by Wilmots on Jul 17, 2019, 11:21:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info