[3.20] Level with VAAL FLICKER STRIKE from LV28 - LEAGUE START

"
Cash4Cookies wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
Anyone tried Voidforge flicker in Sanctums? I wonder how viable it is now after they reduced resolve dmg taken for melees. Want to farm Sanctified Relics and Flicker is very good for getting fast Sanctum rooms but not sure about doing actually doing Sanctum.

well you always took less in melee, they just reduced it even more

(not running voidforge myself, i use saviour instead)
the main factor is pretty much how much of a glass cannon you are
if you can zerk down the mobs quickly you can totally do complete sanctum runs. even your totems might be enough to just kill mobs if dps is high enough (and voidforge has the option for 6l totem which i don't)

sanctified relics are very farmable even with flicker in that regard, since you only need area lvl75 (which is t8 maps). so as long as you can clear those quickly enough you can also do sanctums there (delirium may be a decent indicator since that's up to 80% less damage. if you can clear maps with that then the sanctum mobs at that lvl just gonna blow up immediately)

for the true sanctum endboss you gonna need lvl80+ (t13 maps) which makes it harder, but still doable with enough investment. and you gonna need some actual tankyness since that boss does not use resolve mechanics.

the special condition relics .... you may be able to do a few of the easier ones, but overall better to use on a different character. but since relic locker is shared between characters it shouldn't be much of an issue

How much investment do you think is needed for t13/14 Lycia boss?
Havent had too much time to play. But i'm finding that cold builds are good in sanctum. If you chill/freeze enemies fast, they will not attack you much.
What about last 2 ascendancy point? Should i go for "endless hunger" or
"bane of legends"? Or should I do something different? Any help?
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
Havent had too much time to play. But i'm finding that cold builds are good in sanctum. If you chill/freeze enemies fast, they will not attack you much.

Yeah, I have heard some people say that it's possible to perma freeze the guards with Frost Blades. Might be a good option since it's also a faster mapper, just lacking in ST like always which could potentially brick the sanctum run at Lycia.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

How much investment do you think is needed for t13/14 Lycia boss?

sorry, hard for me to say. my own build is only like 4-5 div investment (and as mentioned not voidforge) and i can maybe do lvl75 ones at most. haven't even attempted my luck with t13+ sanctums

"
korzon90 wrote:
What about last 2 ascendancy point? Should i go for "endless hunger" or
"bane of legends"? Or should I do something different? Any help?

bane of legends is a pretty standard option there. that 20% more damage against bosses (aka exactly when you need it) is a huge boon, especially if they have adds for the other 10% more. phys reflect immunity is just cherry on-top for non-elemental builds.
endless hunger is a much more defensive option, but it just doesn't give all that much in the end. unaffected by bleed is really only important for phys builds relying on red trail. the stun immunity is nice but it mostly just frees up pantheon or unwavering stance and the overkill leech isn't gonna be that much since flicker is more quick small hits, so it won't overkill for tons anyway
also, a quick fix to running sanctum with melee is to use multiple totems and 4 or 6 link them.... totems are quite good. I'm trying a +1 totem shield now with normal + vaal warchief. They do a lot more dmg than i do actually sinze they dont need to dodge... plus they can block some traps

Frostblades is nice cuz it chills/freezes
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 23, 2022, 5:19:49 PM
Hello, I want to start a Voidforge Flicker Slayer son so I made a PoB with my goal items/passive tree and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to improve my passive tree pathing etc. My focus is on non-juiced mapping (T13's unless I won't die that much in T16) for fast Sanctum rooms and then doing Sanctum.

https://pobb.in/8fXDvnLf86nE

This is a non-cluster tree for now, with more investment I could cut the top right pathing for the clusters and anoint the +1 frenzy charge.

I also left it at lvl 95 for now since that's usually the level I get. If the build is good enough I might try to reach 100 but I have never done that so who knows.

I am not sure about going for Wrecking Ball Node vs Fangs of Frost with 40% Phys > Cold Convert. If Fangs of Frost enables me more consistent freeze on Sanctum Guards (or in general) then I might go for that instead but not sure because both paths equal to roughly the same dps.

As for items, I am not sure any of it is replaceable with something better. Gloves lacks the +1-2 Strike additional nearby Enemy, not sure how smooth that's going to feel in mapping. I also don't know the uptime of Berserk/Rage with Kaom's Spirit, I might need to disable them in the configs.

In the Duelist area I can add a Timeless Jewel which can give me lots more dps but I left it out for now due to budget constraints. Same goes for flasks.

So apart from big budget items like Cluster Jewels, Watcher's Eye, Forbidden Jewels, Timeless Jewel and Unique Flasks, is there any low investment improvements I can make? Especially passive tree pathing! I am also not sure about Slayer Ascendancy nodes. I definitely want to get Bane of Legends but not sure if it's better than Impact. Impact improves mapping vs Bane of Legends for bossing. Overwhelm and Masterful Form both give a ton more dps than either of the previous nodes and Brutal Favor also feels mandatory for survival. At some point I will get them all anyway with Forbidden Jewels.

Anyway, any help is appreciated!
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
Hello, I want to start a Voidforge Flicker Slayer son so I made a PoB with my goal items/passive tree and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to improve my passive tree pathing etc. My focus is on non-juiced mapping (T13's unless I won't die that much in T16) for fast Sanctum rooms and then doing Sanctum.

This is a non-cluster tree for now, with more investment I could cut the top right pathing for the clusters and anoint the +1 frenzy charge.

I also left it at lvl 95 for now since that's usually the level I get. If the build is good enough I might try to reach 100 but I have never done that so who knows.

I am not sure about going for Wrecking Ball Node vs Fangs of Frost with 40% Phys > Cold Convert. If Fangs of Frost enables me more consistent freeze on Sanctum Guards (or in general) then I might go for that instead but not sure because both paths equal to roughly the same dps.

As for items, I am not sure any of it is replaceable with something better. Gloves lacks the +1-2 Strike additional nearby Enemy, not sure how smooth that's going to feel in mapping. I also don't know the uptime of Berserk/Rage with Kaom's Spirit, I might need to disable them in the configs.

In the Duelist area I can add a Timeless Jewel which can give me lots more dps but I left it out for now due to budget constraints. Same goes for flasks.

So apart from big budget items like Cluster Jewels, Watcher's Eye, Forbidden Jewels, Timeless Jewel and Unique Flasks, is there any low investment improvements I can make? Especially passive tree pathing! I am also not sure about Slayer Ascendancy nodes. I definitely want to get Bane of Legends but not sure if it's better than Impact. Impact improves mapping vs Bane of Legends for bossing. Overwhelm and Masterful Form both give a ton more dps than either of the previous nodes and Brutal Favor also feels mandatory for survival. At some point I will get them all anyway with Forbidden Jewels.

when building voidforge, u need to think about added phys. Add phys wherever possible. Especially for u, youre missing steel rings with t1 phys and attack catalyst.

also take elemental equilibrium + Dont convert at all. With voidforge, this is a huge dps boost.

"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

when building voidforge, u need to think about added phys. Add phys wherever possible. Especially for u, youre missing steel rings with t1 phys and attack catalyst.

also take elemental equilibrium + Dont convert at all. With voidforge, this is a huge dps boost.

Yeah steel rings are definitely what I will be going for, I just don't have the currency for proper ones with resist etc. On PoE.Ninja I see a lot of people not using Aspect of the Cat with Less Duration, is Less Duration not needed? The only way to get it is from unset ring. Helmet, Boots and Gloves are already used with uniques so unset rings are the only option left I think?

Also nice tip with hatred and EE, haven't considered that. Though on a high budget I guess you can remove EE and use the flask that gives ele exposure instead?

Is there a good atlas strat to farm currency with low budget flicker? (if you can consider voidforge/farrul's fur low budget, which are the only things I have currently) I am using a Essence/Heist strat currently with my EA Ballista build but I am not sure if flicker can do Essences, at least the juicy ones.
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Dec 25, 2022, 1:19:20 PM
Question, sometimes is looks like the flicker stops, especially when killing bosses or just one more beefy elite (flicker makes like 1 or 2 attacks) and then look like the skill stop working, is this normal ?
i try to put flicker on other attack button, but it's having the same "problem"

thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info