[3.20] Level with VAAL FLICKER STRIKE from LV28 - LEAGUE START

"
jt086 wrote:
Question, sometimes is looks like the flicker stops, especially when killing bosses or just one more beefy elite (flicker makes like 1 or 2 attacks) and then look like the skill stop working, is this normal ?
i try to put flicker on other attack button, but it's having the same "problem"

thanks!

either ur running out of mana or running out of frenzy charges. first, find out which
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
Hello, I want to start a Voidforge Flicker Slayer son so I made a PoB with my goal items/passive tree and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to improve my passive tree pathing etc. My focus is on non-juiced mapping (T13's unless I won't die that much in T16) for fast Sanctum rooms and then doing Sanctum.

https://pobb.in/8fXDvnLf86nE

This is a non-cluster tree for now, with more investment I could cut the top right pathing for the clusters and anoint the +1 frenzy charge.

I also left it at lvl 95 for now since that's usually the level I get. If the build is good enough I might try to reach 100 but I have never done that so who knows.

I am not sure about going for Wrecking Ball Node vs Fangs of Frost with 40% Phys > Cold Convert. If Fangs of Frost enables me more consistent freeze on Sanctum Guards (or in general) then I might go for that instead but not sure because both paths equal to roughly the same dps.

As for items, I am not sure any of it is replaceable with something better. Gloves lacks the +1-2 Strike additional nearby Enemy, not sure how smooth that's going to feel in mapping. I also don't know the uptime of Berserk/Rage with Kaom's Spirit, I might need to disable them in the configs.

In the Duelist area I can add a Timeless Jewel which can give me lots more dps but I left it out for now due to budget constraints. Same goes for flasks.

So apart from big budget items like Cluster Jewels, Watcher's Eye, Forbidden Jewels, Timeless Jewel and Unique Flasks, is there any low investment improvements I can make? Especially passive tree pathing! I am also not sure about Slayer Ascendancy nodes. I definitely want to get Bane of Legends but not sure if it's better than Impact. Impact improves mapping vs Bane of Legends for bossing. Overwhelm and Masterful Form both give a ton more dps than either of the previous nodes and Brutal Favor also feels mandatory for survival. At some point I will get them all anyway with Forbidden Jewels.

Anyway, any help is appreciated!

when building voidforge, u need to think about added phys. Add phys wherever possible. Especially for u, youre missing steel rings with t1 phys and attack catalyst.

also take elemental equilibrium + Dont convert at all. With voidforge, this is a huge dps boost.

Yeah steel rings are definitely what I will be going for, I just don't have the currency for proper ones with resist etc. On PoE.Ninja I see a lot of people not using Aspect of the Cat with Less Duration, is Less Duration not needed? The only way to get it is from unset ring. Helmet, Boots and Gloves are already used with uniques so unset rings are the only option left I think?

Also nice tip with hatred and EE, haven't considered that. Though on a high budget I guess you can remove EE and use the flask that gives ele exposure instead?

Is there a good atlas strat to farm currency with low budget flicker? (if you can consider voidforge/farrul's fur low budget, which are the only things I have currently) I am using a Essence/Heist strat currently with my EA Ballista build but I am not sure if flicker can do Essences, at least the juicy ones.

no, dont use hatred with EE. Doesnt work. hatred isnt great with voidforge anyway. u want to be doing dmg with only 1 element type at a time. otherwise, EE wont work. exposure flask isnt good. u cant really beat EE.

im saying these things cuz this is pretty much always true. The answer to your other questions depends on a lot of things so its hard to say.

u can find a good timeless jewel using the pob feature btw
Loving this build! Swapped to Oro's and loving it even more. Any update on the swap to crit?
Been having fun with the build, switched to oro build for mapping and it’s running well. Any value in doing the mark of the elder / shaper ring ice herald combo? I’m trying it out but maybe there is something better? Also, does herald of ash add any damage to this build? Was trying that out earlier and it reads like it should add to the fire damage. Thanks for the help.
"
OniJubi wrote:
Been having fun with the build, switched to oro build for mapping and it’s running well. Any value in doing the mark of the elder / shaper ring ice herald combo? I’m trying it out but maybe there is something better? Also, does herald of ash add any damage to this build? Was trying that out earlier and it reads like it should add to the fire damage. Thanks for the help.

herald of ash helps damage if you have a phys weapon. It's not good for oro's. Use anger if you want dmg

mark of elder is decent for most attack builds.
"
Loving this build! Swapped to Oro's and loving it even more. Any update on the swap to crit?

i wrote a new section just now:

ORO'S CRIT VERSION

Transition to crit when you have enough currency and you feel like you need more damage. POB below shows a basic crit setup. You need the overwhelm ascendancy, crit nodes, diamond flask, crit multi on jewels and amulet, and assassin's mark on hit. To get even more DPS, start getting Eater/Exarch implicits on gear.

https://pastebin.com/E00L2C6d
Can someone more experienced take a look at my character and tell me what I can do to get stronger? Just switched over to Oro's and feel like my damage didn't really change. I am running t10 maps and I can probably do red maps but not as comfortable. Thanks!
Have pretty much the same thing that I switched to oro's and I noticed that I do somewhat more dmg but still feels pretty weak at some point. Also looked at pob and realised I do like 50k total dmg and the guide pob does 450k. I'm kinda new to the game and don't know what to do. Could someone help me with this because I really want to use this build and I love flicker strikes.
"
lamar2626 wrote:
Can someone more experienced take a look at my character and tell me what I can do to get stronger? Just switched over to Oro's and feel like my damage didn't really change. I am running t10 maps and I can probably do red maps but not as comfortable. Thanks!

for one, you still have points in the "chance to gain frenzy charges" stuff. both sword and mark can be swapped to either move the points elsewhere or take more optimal choices for the mastery.
also, just personally speaking i don't even feel like even slotting frenzy in with an Oro's build. you shouldn't really have issues generating charges even on bosses. unless you are running some kinda map that impedes that (steal charges or avoid ailments)

speaking of gems, you can also just toss out the maim on ancestral protector, since you aren't really dealing phys damage anymore. swap it for ancestral warchief or sth.
another thing there is that your gems don't really have much in terms of quality. usually it's not a big dps gain for each one, but it does add up. flicker is good for leveling gems anyway, so not that hard to just sell your gems with a gemcutter prism and bring em back up (btw i noticed your 2nd weapon slot being empty, you should always have 6 gems leveling there at least. or this late into the league 9 with a maloney's. it's literally free money you are getting there for a couple button presses when they're ready to level)

secondly, you don't really have much in terms of +elemental damage with attacks on your gear (rolls on amulet, rings, belts).
also, annointment on amulet. anything cheap is better than nothing

also, as you are running soulthirst i wanna point out it's worth having a long duration flask(sorrow of the divine is easy to get a +50% duration one since its unique) and putting the increased duration enchant. grab the nearby natural remedies wheel for flask duration and maybe even fit in a cluster and you can be looking at 30-40s duration. while it is largely useless outside of running maps it's stupidly strong there. 30s is just about enough to get you through most league mechanics without having to refresh. just gotta respec a few points whenever you wanna focus on something that aint mapping, but while you are still leveling it's great to have and not much else on the skill tree is gonna give you any dps boost quite as strong

"
HanimeGuru wrote:
Have pretty much the same thing that I switched to oro's and I noticed that I do somewhat more dmg but still feels pretty weak at some point. Also looked at pob and realised I do like 50k total dmg and the guide pob does 450k. I'm kinda new to the game and don't know what to do. Could someone help me with this because I really want to use this build and I love flicker strikes.

you have a lot of respeccing to do. your tree is vastly different from the one in the pob. including your ascendancy (plus you are missing uber lab)
especially since you are still running resolute technique.
fix that tree, do your uber lab and shift some of your gear more towards crit (easy points being just running a diamond flask and tossing in some crit multi jewels. also get assasins mark+mark on hit. btw overall work on getting your flasks sorted. have them all 20 quality and with prefix and suffix at least)
you can run oro's as a non-crit, but it's gonna be less dps and worse sustain (since crits force ignite, so your charge gen is better with crit)
try to get a better Oro's btw. yours is 778dps, while it can roll up to 833dps. not gonna be a huge dps increase but it's an easy one and without it being 6L a quite cheap one, even a 820dps+ will only cost a few Chaos

and same as above, quality up gems+have some leveling in 2nd weapon slot

btw your dps isn't quite as low as 50k. just a matter of configuring all the stuff in PoB to actually count. it's still gonna be more with a swap to proper crit tree
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Dec 30, 2022, 7:33:06 AM
"
Cash4Cookies wrote:
"
lamar2626 wrote:

for one, you still have points in the "chance to gain frenzy charges" stuff. both sword and mark can be swapped to either move the points elsewhere or take more optimal choices for the mastery.
also, just personally speaking i don't even feel like even slotting frenzy in with an Oro's build. you shouldn't really have issues generating charges even on bosses. unless you are running some kinda map that impedes that (steal charges or avoid ailments)

speaking of gems, you can also just toss out the maim on ancestral protector, since you aren't really dealing phys damage anymore. swap it for ancestral warchief or sth.
another thing there is that your gems don't really have much in terms of quality. usually it's not a big dps gain for each one, but it does add up. flicker is good for leveling gems anyway, so not that hard to just sell your gems with a gemcutter prism and bring em back up (btw i noticed your 2nd weapon slot being empty, you should always have 6 gems leveling there at least. or this late into the league 9 with a maloney's. it's literally free money you are getting there for a couple button presses when they're ready to level)

secondly, you don't really have much in terms of +elemental damage with attacks on your gear (rolls on amulet, rings, belts).
also, annointment on amulet. anything cheap is better than nothing

also, as you are running soulthirst i wanna point out it's worth having a long duration flask(sorrow of the divine is easy to get a +50% duration one since its unique) and putting the increased duration enchant. grab the nearby natural remedies wheel for flask duration and maybe even fit in a cluster and you can be looking at 30-40s duration. while it is largely useless outside of running maps it's stupidly strong there. 30s is just about enough to get you through most league mechanics without having to refresh. just gotta respec a few points whenever you wanna focus on something that aint mapping, but while you are still leveling it's great to have and not much else on the skill tree is gonna give you any dps boost quite as strong

"
HanimeGuru wrote:

you have a lot of respeccing to do. your tree is vastly different from the one in the pob. including your ascendancy (plus you are missing uber lab)
especially since you are still running resolute technique.
fix that tree, do your uber lab and shift some of your gear more towards crit (easy points being just running a diamond flask and tossing in some crit multi jewels. also get assasins mark+mark on hit. btw overall work on getting your flasks sorted. have them all 20 quality and with prefix and suffix at least)
you can run oro's as a non-crit, but it's gonna be less dps and worse sustain (since crits force ignite, so your charge gen is better with crit)
try to get a better Oro's btw. yours is 778dps, while it can roll up to 833dps. not gonna be a huge dps increase but it's an easy one and without it being 6L a quite cheap one, even a 820dps+ will only cost a few Chaos

and same as above, quality up gems+have some leveling in 2nd weapon slot

btw your dps isn't quite as low as 50k. just a matter of configuring all the stuff in PoB to actually count. it's still gonna be more with a swap to proper crit tree

Thanks a ton for the help. Made most of the changes and my sheet damage has already gone up a ton.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info