[3.20] Level with VAAL FLICKER STRIKE from LV28 - LEAGUE START

"
ata191 wrote:
"
Cash4Cookies wrote:
"
ata191 wrote:
Nice guide, i came here to maybe get my build a little boost, but i couldnt figure out what wrong with my build. I am doing the therminus est type of flicker with slayer, but sometimes, i just bounce off of rare or unique enemies. Especially in sanctum i start flicker i do 1 flicker on the unique and it just stops. Why could this be? Not enough mana or not generating frenzy charge on the first initial hit?

Thanks.

with your crit chance it's really unlikely that you'd not hit at least 1 crit, especially with flask up (like 1.3% to miss all 3 hits or 0.02% with flaks. that's not even factoring in the ~32% chance to get a charge from flickers innate frenzy generation)

mana seems like a more reasonable option since you aren't running anything to help with that other than 1 leech node and leech takes a bit to max out (do you have options->ui->hide life/mana reservation turned on? should be noticeable if your mana bottoms out then).
easiest way to test is to just slap in a lifetap and see if it stops, then it's that

only other things i could think off would be either some kinda form of dodge/accuracy reduction on the mob/map or quite simply game lagging which would cause the issue

Thanks, i will test it for sure, otherwise i woudl change a few jewels or replace them with flat mana if thats the case.

just use lifetap. Flicker mana cost is insane. Also, close combat is the best support gem, and ur not using it. It might not show up in pob unless ur configured as near the enemy.
Im currently suffering in blight maps and killing rares/bosses with my toxic rain. Does this build require a lot of investment to make it easier to do these?
Last edited by Elloktrik on Dec 13, 2022, 3:27:29 PM
"
Elloktrik wrote:
Im currently suffering in blight maps and killing rares/bosses with my toxic rain. Does this build require a lot of investment to make it easier to do these?

With only buying the sword I was able to go into yellow maps on a tabula, granted I did make sure to cap resistances and what not. As long as you know mechanics you shouldn't need that much investment. I actually recently killed EoW, though it took me a bit and so I need to figure out how to increase damgage.
"
Elloktrik wrote:

are you asking if flicker is good for blight and killing bosses? then no
flicker is generally quite bad at bossing (and the addition of vaal flicker didn't help that either, unless the boss has no adds around) and while blight is doable, it is somewhat ill-suited for it (as you don't really have any control as to where flicker takes you). flickers strength is primarily clearing trash quickly.
Yo, I've been kinda just following whatever the fuck you do in the endgame and copying your gear, but the single-target dmg is still kinda ass sadly. Currently upgrading my gems to 20 qual and stuff. I have a few divines saved up what would be the biggest single-target dps upgrade in its current state? A new unique weapon or maybe a timeless or a cluster jewel?
Also while im at it, the soul eater belt is incredible, prob the most fun i had in endgame clearing, thanks for that!
"
Horswag wrote:
Also while im at it, the soul eater belt is incredible, prob the most fun i had in endgame clearing, thanks for that!

yea i havent had enough time to play. Im in the middle of transitioning the build.

i was seeing if i could use vaal flicker for bosses and regular flicker for everything else. Vaal flicker in the triumvirate ring has "ignore resistance", so it ignores rebuke sword's weakness that it deals all damage types. It works when it works but its not consistent.

use vaal warchief for more dmg btw. take all the remaining crit nodes nearby. if u want to maximize the soulthirst belt, then take the 3 flask duration nodes for 45% increased duration
Thanks!
Have you tried Ralakesh's Impatience boots? I friend has recommended them to me, I was going to try them but if you had thoughts on them, it would be helpful.
"

Have you tried Ralakesh's Impatience boots? I friend has recommended them to me, I was going to try them but if you had thoughts on them, it would be helpful.

Never mind, I answered my own question. I don't think the boots let you expend the frenzy charges allowing you to reset the cooldown of flicker strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info