Preview of Early-Game Monster Rebalance

Please make trash monster a bit more challenging and rewarding on Map especially magic/rare monster !
Last edited by Elf_97 on May 31, 2019, 7:39:43 AM
Looks good.

-----
Did you changed visual of Freezing Pulse? I liked more previous version of it.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
On a personal level I have always felt the beginning was ok in terms of complexity of the boss and other monsters and the combat for the most part. What I see here is a slow down and added time for the early boss fights and I am not sure that's what the majority of players want or enjoy.

I also don't really see how this improves the overall issue with melee skills in the game, matter of fact it might push a lot of players more towards ranged again.

For me I personally prefer the zoom zoom boom boom gameplay and grab my loot as fast as I can, but I can understand players who want and enjoy a more complex melee in your face style of gameplay, however I just don't see these changes doing that much other than making the fights longer, which I would bet a good majority of players don't actually enjoy.

I admire GGG as they try to improve their game, in the end every player wants and enjoys different things in a game so they have a hard job to do.

I certainly look forward to trying out 3.7 and hopefully I am proven wrong and it does actually make a great enjoyable difference for melee combat.
Last edited by xssarinx on May 31, 2019, 8:16:39 AM
"
xssarinx wrote:
On a personal level I have always felt the beginning was ok in terms of complexity of the boss and other monsters and the combat for the most part. What I see here is a slow down and added time for the early boss fights and I am not sure that's what the majority of players want or enjoy.

I also don't really see how this improves the overall issue with melee skills in the game, matter of fact it might push a lot of players more towards ranged again.

For me I personally prefer the zoom zoom boom boom gameplay and grab my loot as fast as I can, but I can understand players who want and enjoy a more complex melee in your face style of gameplay, however I just don't see these changes doing that much other than making the fights longer, which I would bet a good majority of players don't actually enjoy.

I admire GGG as they try to improve their game, in the end every player wants and enjoys different things in a game so they have a hard job to do.

I certainly look forward to trying out 3.7 and hopefully I am proven wrong and it does actually make a great enjoyable difference for melee combat.

I get the feeling they're nerfing squishy ranged builds (via the IC nerf, mainly) in order to promote melee, and the rest is about making survival a less detrimental thing to build via making melee do more baseline DPS (therefore needing less DPS passives to maintain high clear speed). Just a guess though, we'll see how it goes on tuesday.
"
xssarinx wrote:

Yeah as the spell rework, i didn't feel the difference :/ I hope for melee i will notice it ...
Why? How is this going to encourage new players to try the game?
let the kiting begin
The BG Music is amazing,always hoping on that new Kamil
If non-unique monsters also will hit harder with telegraphed attacks and you do remove immortal call as we know it, it will make for a lot of one-two shots. Can't really see all the telegraphs when theres too much visual clutter.

I hope this has been tested and works well without being an armour based character etc.

It's bad balancing if you just pigeonhole people into new builds and making the old ones bad, forcing people to play other builds not by making it closer to equal but by destroying the old things while buffing the new.
Might not be the case here. I hope it's not.

hmmm so how strong is uber hillock now, can already see beginners running with witches into hillock and getting one-shotted

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info