Preview of Early-Game Monster Rebalance

Amazing how fun the game looks when you're not ripping around the zone at mach speed 1 shotting everything.
There was nothing I hated more than being what seemed like out of range for a hit and being hit. I adore the improved hitboxes and the improvements towards manual dodging.

No, I DON'T think this is harder for new players to learn, or for older players to get used to. This is a genre standard I'm glad they're finally moving towards and it will encourage me to play more.
AMAZING CHANGES

Brutus Thumbnail, but no Brutus gameplay? HORRIBLE VIDEO
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
Nice improvements! Can we also have an IA that makes ranged monster escape from close combat and shoot from far like is in many other games like Titan Quest or Diablo 3? That would be really nice!

If so, PLEASE NOT like they keep running away all the time ! That would negative the melee-buff mentioned in the new league ! No one wants to have a race for slaying monsters wit hmelee skills -.-
"
Goremanslizer wrote:
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
Nice improvements! Can we also have an IA that makes ranged monster escape from close combat and shoot from far like is in many other games like Titan Quest or Diablo 3? That would be really nice!

If so, PLEASE NOT like they keep running away all the time ! That would negative the melee-buff mentioned in the new league ! No one wants to have a race for slaying monsters wit hmelee skills -.-

In those games it works like this: after the ranged monster receives a certain amount of damage (50% for example) it starts going away in the direction of more melee monsters in the proximity! Those melee monsters would try to protect again the ranged ones. The ranged monsters would not run no-stop though, they will just try to slightly adjust their position, for example trying to spread from different sides, avoiding being in groups. Ofc this would make no difference in higher levels, cause you oneshot entire screens anyway, but it will add strategic depth to first levels, and feel more engaging for new players I think. Now early act monters just seems dummies to hit, I dont like that
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
Last edited by Morgoth92 on May 31, 2019, 5:05:44 PM
"
AMAZING CHANGES

Brutus Thumbnail, but no Brutus gameplay? HORRIBLE VIDEO

I think that we are back in old times when he one-shots ill equipped, underleveled and glass cannon players.

Will be fun on HC. Can't wait to see all those RIPs in chat early on.
Last edited by Fox2232 on May 31, 2019, 8:07:16 PM
As a new player to the game I barely know stuff but I'm super excited to the new patch. Also I dont know why took me so long to play this game.
Gonna be fun.
Why so serious?
Looks pretty nice. But this should be listed in patch notes as a major improvement, nothing else. I wouldn't make a video and announce it like this, or hype it up since baeclast stuff. Also there's still nothing about melee improvements and it's 3 days until patch notes. Hope melee rework will live up to the hype you created.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Not entirely sure how bow skills and Freezing Pulse are classified as 'melee' here, if you're gonna make a melee improvement video shouldn't you show all melee skills? I'm fairly certain FP had no issues against bosses early on as it is.

But my main issue has always been screen clutter, if you can't SEE the enemy, let alone what animation it's in, it's moot. Perhaps make it so that when a boss or unique enemy is winding up its attack, an exclamation mark or something pops up above the enemy, so you can see it through all the explosions, corpses, loot and effects.
I AM ERROR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info