An Update Regarding Delve and Betrayal Content

Sorry for the long post here, I dont want to seem rude.
I am not happy with this forum news. They can just put Sulphite and Betrayal contents as shared account-wise right now. It requires almost zero time to achieve such a simple change. I cannot really understand why they are procrastrinating this... This game is full of little easy possible changes that come with literally zero drawbacks or risks. They could just use one-two members of the team to focus on QoL changes. The list is wide:

1. sulphite/betrayal shared account-wise
2. betrayal lag
3. delve stash tab (just use the prototype published on reddit)
4. more free stash tabs for new players as achievements for league play
5. improvement to guilds and guild stash tab (just make tab change position as with personal stash, so easy to do, so useful for players) and possibly add an info log to display who is taking and putting inside items (very easy as well)
6. more useful tutorials for noobs in the help panel
7. put 3 choices when you enchant a piece of gear in the lab
8. slightly increase map drops (10-15% would be more then enough)
9. fix remove-only map stash tab in standard (insanely easy i guess?)
10. add more party allocation systems (like all loot to map owner, very useful for leech parties; again, very very easy to do, very useful for certain players)
11. you could also add a matchmaking that can create party with 1 aurabot, 1 cursebot, 1 more support, 2 dps, 1 tanky boy (this is hard to do maybe, but pretty obvious solution to incentivize party play).

I could go on with other little suggestions... but I guess GGG prefers to lose time creating thousands of outcomes for synthesised items... If GGG does not pay attention to QoL and UI design they could be easely beaten by Diablo 4 later, if that turns out to be a decent game. Blizzard has made shitty games recently, but they really care about details, while PoE looks so "unrefined". New content is not the only thing that matters, quality of life is even more important, and will make noob players more likely to keep playing, reducing frustration. That said, I like PoE as a game and I really appreciate the effort of the team, even if I can't really understand many of their choices when it comes to these topics.
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
Last edited by Morgoth92 on May 29, 2019, 8:16:00 PM
That's right, mtx can't wait, stupid lagging shit will wait for 3 years. And shills are willing to buy mtx and wait - perfect.
I respect the straightforwardness and clarity, I do. But some simple fixes for both could be done quickly.

If you encounter a research room and don't enter, no more syndicate encounters. Excepting very rare research ones, which you can then also skip.

Remove the sulphite cap. If I like delve sometimes, let me ignore it until 95 and then do a ton of delve at once. Don't allow trading sulphite, that can be considered for 3.8 when you have time.

Will either of these take overly much dev time or hurt anyone at all?

I have better fixes for both, but they would take time, and from the main post need to wait for 3.8.
3.7 will fix it
3.8 will fix it
3.9 will fix it
5.1 will fix it

I've read this a thousand times before.. but sure.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Black__Dawn wrote:
That's right, mtx can't wait, stupid lagging shit will wait for 3 years. And shills are willing to buy mtx and wait - perfect.

Said it in a nutshell ;)
Disappointing but completely understandable thank you for keeping us up to date.
If it's too difficult to iron out Betrayal content in a timely fashion, it would be perfectly fine if you guys just [temporarily] take it out of the game completely, and ideally move the recipes elsewhere. ;)
"
GGG wrote:
but believe it is overall the right choice for the quality of the game and the health of our team.

<sarcasm> Assuming that GGG employees are not chained to their desks and fed intravenously, the only possible conclusion that I can come up with regarding this attempt to divert from the bad news "... and the health of our team" is that all of the copy-pasting of content from one league to another is causing them carpal tunnel syndrome and they need a break and leave to get physiotherapy, steroids either orally or injected locally, splinting, and surgical release of the transverse carpal ligament. </sarcasm>
Last edited by daleyyc on May 29, 2019, 8:27:39 PM
"
daleyyc wrote:
"
Black__Dawn wrote:

Said it in a nutshell ;)

Do you actually think that mtx creation&implementation and core game code are worked on by the same people? Just making sure.

Anyway, i'm ok with that, better to have this news now rather than in 3.7 patchnotes.
Still, band-aid fixes wouldn't have hurt. Removing sulphite cap should probably be a fairly easy task, same with allowing people to lock-out of betrayal completely(which i personally don't want to do, but there seem to be quite a few people that do).
"
nskLantash wrote:
"
daleyyc wrote:
"
Black__Dawn wrote:

Said it in a nutshell ;)

Do you actually think that mtx creation&implementation and core game code are worked on by the same people? Just making sure.

Anyway, i'm ok with that, better to have this news now rather than in 3.7 patchnotes.
Still, band-aid fixes wouldn't have hurt. Removing sulphite cap should probably be a fairly easy task, same with allowing people to lock-out of betrayal completely(which i personally don't want to do, but there seem to be quite a few people that do).

naw not at all, but in a sense resources are resources and all the mtx additions while other stuff is not worked on does look rather bad.

i'm just being sarcastic on here mostly tonight. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info