An Update Regarding Delve and Betrayal Content

Don't know what other issues Betrayal has other then the intervention lag.. TBH, i'm confident I have resolved that issue on my end so it doesn't matter to me anymore. Still it is kinda sad that people will have to endure the pain of it in another 3 month league.

There should be a difference in fixing things to make them more quality of life type things, and fixing something that completely makes the game unplayable for people. Intervention lag made synthesis totally unplayable for me, so I stopped playing. This is something that should have been top priority, not something to put on the back shelf to be fixed in the upcoming league.
"Don't Tread on Me"
Have to admit i was really hoping the betrayal lag would be fixed for the new league, guess i'll be going righteous fire again then :) stopped me from dieing to the lag this league.
Release a delve tab, for crying out loud. I've purchased 3 map tabs cause of your atlas shuffles. You should hand us one delve tab in exchange for one map tab. :)
Last edited by Mattespelar on May 29, 2019, 9:01:42 PM
"
Korenth wrote:
Right is better than rushed.

Would it be possible, though, to get a comment from a dev as to why the betrayal lag seems worse outside of betrayal league? Do you guys have metrics showing the difference? Is it all in our heads?

The Betrayal League only had to load one Betrayal event per area; granted, it did this for every area, but it's still a lot less loading than the current implementation, which loads assets for three Betrayal events whenever your map happens to have rolled as a Betrayal area. Since the first event is always Intervention, the loading lag is invariably lethal for those without both excellent connections and SSDs.

One possible fix would be to simply load fewer Betrayal events per area (two, maybe?), have those areas be chosen randomly (so that Intervention wasn't always on the menu), and then up the rate at which Betrayals spawn to offset the drop in per-area the number of them. Apparently, though, that has to wait until 3.8... which is a real shame, because instantly-fatal Betrayal lag may just keep me from playing 3.7 at all.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
I have been one of the lucky ones who hasn't had the insane betrayal lag. But it's great to be the fan of the most communicative game developers in the world.

however,

The issues with the lab race timer is more than a simple qol thing. it is ruining a whole segment of the players' fun.

Not that I try to rank on that ladder, ever. It's just something that keeps slipping through the cracks.

edit to add:

persistent golems and animate guardian when?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 29, 2019, 9:15:14 PM
Yea shit out new content before fixing the core game. GGG logic.
Oh ffs another 3 months?

Yeah PoE is gonna be competitive with then next generation arpgs.

We cant even get stackable fossils. What a development joke.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Waitubold wrote:
Apparently, though, that has to wait until 3.8... which is a real shame, because instantly-fatal Betrayal lag may just keep me from playing 3.7 at all.

or you could play SC.

just sayin'.

if it's a fight between me getting to play my favorite game and and me showing off my epeen, I know what wins for me.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
So in simpler words, another whole league with intervention lag spikes?
"
Korenth wrote:
Right is better than rushed.

Would it be possible, though, to get a comment from a dev as to why the betrayal lag seems worse outside of betrayal league? Do you guys have metrics showing the difference? Is it all in our heads?

They explained it quite well multiple times in posts...

/e and If people would stop playing on toasters they wouldn't even have syndicate lag.

Yes, PoE essentially requires an SSD to actually play the game.
No, SSDs are not expensive.
Last edited by Caulder10 on May 29, 2019, 9:21:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info