0.10.3 Patch Notes

"
2 es is way less efeective as hp (( hp has armour ) es has noting

Please don't spread misinformation. Everyone should check out the mechanics thread at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/1 if they haven't already.

On this particular point, ES benefits from armour just as HP does.
"
Axebane wrote:

I might be wrong, but I believe it is affected by weapon range AND by AoE supports/passives.

what is right now, i must know it for my planned build :/

And how does Cyclone work with Dual wild?
IGN: kReiZy
"
SirRabbit wrote:
Like everything, expect maybe the LGOH nerf. I feel it really wont effect lightning arrow that much, since your a ranged class, so 70% should still be plenty to keep you full health.

however, I fear my melee build focusing on cleave (-30% healing) and double strike (-60% healing) may get hit hard. which, if it is true, will be a bit frustrating, since i thought their goal was to make melee a little stronger compared to ranged.

Being ranged doesn't keep you that safe in this game. I've got just about as many defensive passives as I do on my templar, i just don't have to worry about endurance charges. Im not trying to act like its as bad as melee, and with the ranger, is much better than say a FP caster, as they have to be so much closer, but ranged doesn't stop you from taking damage. And my biggest fear is that most LA rangers are blood magic rangers. Without the benefits of the LoH, its not feasible to play.

I haven't tried it, so the sky isn't falling, im just concerned. LA is so overdependent on LMP and chain to be at its best, and those put a huge hit on the damage of the attack. Ice arrow is just about as good, but I imagine, though im not sure, if LA has the issue, so will FA.

But as it stands, i can just barley survive an onslaught by a hard hitting blue pack because of my LoH, and i still have to have my finger on the trigger of the instant recovery at low life flasks. So even a small reduction could suck. We shall see.
"
Axebane wrote:
"
SirRabbit wrote:

however, I fear my melee build focusing on cleave (-30% healing) and double strike (-60% healing) may get hit hard. which, if it is true, will be a bit frustrating, since i thought their goal was to make melee a little stronger compared to ranged.

I wouldn't worry too much. I played a Cleave Duelist in closed beta and even back then, LoH was excellent for fast attacking AoE melee skills like Cleave.

In the open beta patch, LoH was buffed, esspecially at higher levels. Last patch, Cleave was buffed as well. If anything this small nerf to LoH will just bring it back to around how good it was in closed beta.

Version 0.10.1c
Fixed a bug where Life on Hit was applied twice to non-blocked hits.

You will need 87 LOH on a duelist from the next patch with cleave to have the same LOH effectiveness as a duelist with 30 LOH in CB.
Last edited by shadowai on Mar 12, 2013, 5:15:26 PM
This patch should go live any minute now right?
I'm no beast of burden...
It's 10:30am in New Zealand right now, the post said early afternoon, so I would think 4 or 5 more hours. Tough to say unless your their office right now though.
"
Pheenix wrote:
This patch should go live any minute now right?

not during a race
I believe he said it would go up in 14 hours approximately 14 hours ago.
Liar again Sigh
"
ndcheezit wrote:
I believe he said it would go up in 14 hours approximately 14 hours ago.

same here ;P maybe trollin
2H Lightning Striker, lvl 94 HC Duelist - ign Draizor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info