0.10.3 Patch Notes

Playing melee all the way, from my point of view this LGoH change has just reduced the diversity of builds if you want to use this skill. I used to use double strike on my tanking templar with LGoH instead of the std heavy strike, but now it seems the only effective use of LGoH for melee is to have to use heavy strike.

Ok I can see the argument that anyone using LGoH with projectiles with fork, chain, GMP, LMP, etc, etc was gaining a vast amount of health back per hit, but by countering with a reduction that seriously hurts the melee player, who really needs the health gain, Reduces the range of skill choices, reduces the survivability of an already hard to survive playstyle and I feel is going to just increase the amount of cookie-cutter builds.

I have a health pool of 1,243 and previously I was getting 30 health per hit so double strike would give me 60 health, hardly a massive amount with 1,243 to fill especially considering the damage done by the mobs in cruel act 3.

Now my 30 LGoH gives just 21 per hit so double strike now only gives 41 health, which for the cost of mana, socket space, etc is just pathetic.

Edit... Maybe make it so that any enemy hit directly by a weapon grants full LGoH but with any enemy hit by a projectile it's only the enemy directly hit that grants the LGoH, not anything hit via chain, fork or continuing projectile etc. That way double strike and close up AoE melee skills like sweep, cleave and probably ground slam will still be viable with LGoH while reducing the massive gain for ranged chars, but without damaging the poor melee chars
Last edited by Jaknet on Mar 13, 2013, 11:04:33 PM
Wait ... where is the melee skill supposed to "try to fix" the massiv unbalencing between melee and ranged gameplay ?

would that supposed to be cyclone ? what th... i'm sorry, thanks for the hard work, but that is nothing even remotly near a "try to fix" for that matter.

i guess it might have been the will of the devs to implement a new skill just for the sake of it. but it is definitly not a skill that will help melees to get more comfortable in melee ... or should i say less dead then ranged for the same skill level*.

* talking about player's skill. some players are obviously better, more agile, stronger, etc

N.B: Its very nice to plan to add a new skill per week. but i'd far prefer 1 skill a month (or even with no schedule) but really well though, adding something to the game and/or balencing, solving problem.
Last edited by Traockl on Mar 14, 2013, 8:45:47 AM
"
wbaha wrote:
So you are more likely to get chain frozen/shocked to death as your health gets lower while you can't do anything while CI users become almost immune to it? Did you even think about it for a second instead of babbling the first thought that crossed your mind?

Yes, this is exactly what I want.

HP characters are already overpowered.
CI characters are underpowered.

I think this change, or something similar, is needed.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
My thoughts on this:

Melee needs something. I have a melee char, I use Lightning Strike due to availability to hit everything from afar and I do that only because I usually get outhit if I enter close combat. Hugging and hitting them with LS from afar seems to be the only way to actually survive any condition. I'm level 72 on my melee char. I stopped playing it because it's too hard to survive compared to ranged builds and I'd also like a melee skill that could be on par with ranged skills, unfortunately, I don't see how cyclone changes any of this, it's a skill, but I doubt we'll see a huge increase in new builds because of its arrival.

I would like to point out to one melee skill that could be improved: Molten Shell
The only improvement that it needs is that there wouldn't be a timer. Once you set it, it'll stay until it explodes, that would help loads to making it a useful skill.
IGN: StN_
I read all comments on this and most of them comments are so freaking stupid, you say HP chars are more OP then CI chars? hows that? you get WAY more ES then HP (stop freaking say 6k easily, thats impossible without kaoms). as someone quoted, he got 9k ES with level 60, how much life do you have with that level? 3k, 4k maximum.

Then saying to nerf the stunlock and permafreeze, ever thought that ES has 50% chance to avoid stuns itself? you also could just go and use eye of chayula if that doesnt help. also with permafreeze, you can just go and get some LIFE on ur gear since freeze is calculated by the life you "would have without" CI.

And even if that doesnt help, go and buy a dream fragment, if you even mention that 6k HP is easily to get with kaoms, dream frag + chayula is like a fifth of the price.

So people say its a "big" nerf to melee classes with the LGOH change? ever heard of using life leech? just compare 40 LOH to ~7% life leech with 7k dps (on each enemy you hit).
When you hit for example 10 enemies its like this:

10*40 = 400 life
7000/100*7*10= 4900 life

I know you only get a maximum of 20% of ur life back each second, but still, thats way more than 400 freaking life.

Plus I was rofling as i saw someone saying that they gonna use heavy strike with LGOH now, seriously? single target with LGOH? jesus.

Just think about the stupid things you write and please, dont answer on this comment since you're wrong anyway.

Greets, Shotzz.
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
I read all comments on this and most of them comments are so freaking stupid, you say HP chars are more OP then CI chars? hows that? you get WAY more ES then HP (stop freaking say 6k easily, thats impossible without kaoms). as someone quoted, he got 9k ES with level 60, how much life do you have with that level? 3k, 4k maximum.

Then saying to nerf the stunlock and permafreeze, ever thought that ES has 50% chance to avoid stuns itself? you also could just go and use eye of chayula if that doesnt help. also with permafreeze, you can just go and get some LIFE on ur gear since freeze is calculated by the life you "would have without" CI.

And even if that doesnt help, go and buy a dream fragment, if you even mention that 6k HP is easily to get with kaoms, dream frag + chayula is like a fifth of the price.

So people say its a "big" nerf to melee classes with the LGOH change? ever heard of using life leech? just compare 40 LOH to ~7% life leech with 7k dps (on each enemy you hit).
When you hit for example 10 enemies its like this:

10*40 = 400 life
7000/100*7*10= 4900 life

I know you only get a maximum of 20% of ur life back each second, but still, thats way more than 400 freaking life.

Plus I was rofling as i saw someone saying that they gonna use heavy strike with LGOH now, seriously? single target with LGOH? jesus.

Just think about the stupid things you write and please, dont answer on this comment since you're wrong anyway.

Greets, Shotzz.

I agree the stupidity surrounding CI buff requests is amazing. Someone posted yestarday about how he hit almost 15k ES with spare gear he had no use for with proper ES nodes.

ID like an aswer to my previous question why anyone would go for anything but CI if the change youre (CI buffers in general) asking for was in the game considering how much ES one can aquire right now. More is coming even with higher level gear, I really hope youre not dumb enough to not understand the offset between kaoms 1k and regular ES increase in gear combined with nodes.

I agree that afflictions should be based off ES AFTER! GGG finds the proper drawback to CI. Having to mitigate with a couple uniques is lame imo and IM sure they agree but atm its the best solution. Once a real drawback can be introduced then its time to Change CI to the way you idiots want.
"
pr1091 wrote:
I agree the stupidity surrounding CI buff requests is amazing. Someone posted yestarday about how he hit almost 15k ES with spare gear he had no use for with proper ES nodes.

ID like an aswer to my previous question why anyone would go for anything but CI if the change youre (CI buffers in general) asking for was in the game considering how much ES one can aquire right now. More is coming even with higher level gear, I really hope youre not dumb enough to not understand the offset between kaoms 1k and regular ES increase in gear combined with nodes.

I agree that afflictions should be based off ES AFTER! GGG finds the proper drawback to CI. Having to mitigate with a couple uniques is lame imo and IM sure they agree but atm its the best solution. Once a real drawback can be introduced then its time to Change CI to the way you idiots want.

i read all ur comments and yes, i totally agree to them, finally someone who understands the game physics and the balancing.
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
you say HP chars are more OP then CI chars? hows that? you get WAY more ES then HP (stop freaking say 6k easily, thats impossible without kaoms). as someone quoted, he got 9k ES with level 60, how much life do you have with that level? 3k, 4k maximum.

I had 3300 ES on my lvl 70 CI char. 9k is only possible if you have insanely good ES items, and if you have BIS or near-BIS items, you deserve that much defense.

With CI, you need two low-end uniques to mitigate stuns and freezes. This hurts your character because it could be using high-end items in those slots instead.

This minor buff to CI is welcome, though I still think the 24% ES should just be placed on the CI node. The addtional 8% ES nodes are a waste of stat points, and the whole point of CI was that it was supposed to give you additional nodes to spend elsewhere as compensation for being weaker in general than HP builds - which is true, by the way, however much you would deny it.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Feedback: Played today for the first time a Vaal tileset with the new doors. Was the Vaal Ruins. The doors make the exploring a little bit more safe. I was sceptical about the click-ability of them, but even with my summoner char they worked fine. At least way better than the prison doors in other zones.
Don't know whats happening but i'm getting lots of laggs... sometimes I'm walking and I start hitting a monster then the monster in simply not dying or receiving damage, and after a while there's a huge jump and i'm dead or very low on health...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info