0.10.3 Patch Notes

"
pr1091 wrote:
"
juggzz wrote:
"
pr1091 wrote:
Yes CI needs its stun and affliction duration and chance to be calculated off ES not 1 hp. Its obvious. But once that gets into the game there needs to a bigger drawback to CI in general. I understand that it would break the game if the change that most certainly is coming would be put in now without its future drawback.

If stuns and everything was calculated off ES as it stands today CI would be the only spec anyone with half a brain would aim for today. Now ask yourselves, is there an obvious drawback to it? no? then stop asking for gamebreaking "fixes" and wait for GGG to figure it out so it works for EVERYONE, not just you and your hunger to be OP.

In short stfu if you havnt spent atleast two minutes thinking about the consequenses of what youre asking for and have a reasonable counter to CI's power if stuns and afflictions were calcuated off ES to suggest.

Yea you make no sense, so what are the drawbacks of the same type of build but with HP and better defenses (armor etc)? They get to use health pots in oh shit situations and easier resource manageability. Why you think that making status ailments be calculated on ES instead of hp would be game breaking is beyond me.

Then spend another minute thinking about it.

no no, please be so kind as to elaborate, I'd really like to hear the absolute nothing you have to say as a response.

Other builds can get the unique and go hp as well as ES, not have to wear 2-3 shitty uniques, get extra spell dmg if they want by using blood magic. You think that trade off is better than being immune to chaos?
IGN: Juggzz

I reserve the right to withdraw any of my items if the price is not adequate.
Last edited by juggzz on Mar 12, 2013, 11:38:19 AM
"
pr1091 wrote:
Yes CI needs its stun and affliction duration and chance to be calculated off ES not 1 hp. Its obvious. But once that gets into the game there needs to a bigger drawback to CI in general. I understand that it would break the game if the change that most certainly is coming would be put in now without its future drawback.

If stuns and everything was calculated off ES as it stands today CI would be the only spec anyone with half a brain would aim for today. Now ask yourselves, is there an obvious drawback to it? no? then stop asking for gamebreaking "fixes" and wait for GGG to figure it out so it works for EVERYONE, not just you and your hunger to be OP.

In short stfu if you havnt spent atleast two minutes thinking about the consequenses of what youre asking for and have a reasonable counter to CI's power if stuns and afflictions were calcuated off ES to suggest.

Something tells me you've never been stun/freeze locked.

There's no hunger to be OP. There's hunger for things that make sense. And basing stun and freeze duration off "what your HP would be" makes none.

Honestly, they shouldn't have thrown more ES at CI users and instead should have fixed this issue. Oooorrr they could add a keystone after these added nodes that does thusly:

+ Stun and freeze duration applies to energy shield instead of life
- 25 to 50% less energy shield.

Not sure how the less energy shield bit would work with that notable node.

Please read my post before exploding.

Also, I have an appointment I gotta get to (FML it's a 2 hour drive away at that) so I probably won't get to read your response before I get back. :(
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Youre pushing for not having to take hp nodes at all. If you take stuns and afflictions out of the picture hp stacking is massively inferor to ES how it works today, especially for ranged characters. Making CI and ES stacking vastly superior and hence what everyone aims for. Its not rocket science, im pretty sure you know exactly what im talking about but you just want that gamebreaking spec to get ingame. NO. Like I said stfu till youve come up with a proper counter to CI in terms of power relative to other specs not having it.

Dont bother going off on a you have no right to tell me what to do tangent, I wont reply to that.
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
Energy shield has always given 50% stun avoidance. The 20% reduced life won't kill you because 0.8 life rounds up.

This isn't exactly correct. GGG has stated that if you have 0.8 life it will round down to 0 and kill you. This is to prevent players from reserving fractions of a life point for an aura with CI builds. The reason the amulet does not kill you is because "Maximum life becomes 1" causes your life pool to ignore all maximum life modifiers. It's a small distinction, but important nonetheless.
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
"
Sairven wrote:
"
pr1091 wrote:

Something tells me you've never been stun/freeze locked.

There's no hunger to be OP. There's hunger for things that make sense. And basing stun and freeze duration off "what your HP would be" makes none.

Honestly, they shouldn't have thrown more ES at CI users and instead should have fixed this issue. Oooorrr they could add a keystone after these added nodes that does thusly:

+ Stun and freeze duration applies to energy shield instead of life
- 25 to 50% less energy shield.

Not sure how the less energy shield bit would work with that notable node.

Please read my post before exploding.

Also, I have an appointment I gotta get to (FML it's a 2 hour drive away at that) so I probably won't get to read your response before I get back. :(

I agree afflictions and stuns should be calculated off ES. But there needs to be an additional drawback to grabbing CI or it will be the only spec anyone aims for once that change gets into the game. I feel ive been pretty clear on that point. Why would you go HP if this change was ingame? You can stack more ES than hp. It regenarates automatically without nodes. Any life regen can be made to work toward ES. Life leech can be made to work toward ES. How can you not see how this would be the only spec in a game where pretty much everyone is saying "stack hp and regen" atm? That wasnt aimed specifically at you

Im talking about the general idea of stuns and afflictions being calculated off ES not hp. The suggestion you had for a keystone (i assume its a keystone) was quite clever and so far the only constructive thing ive seen in the CI "discussion" (read whine).

I just dont want to see a great game with some problems become a mainstream boring turd that could have been great, like most popular games nowadays. Eventually developers cave in, that seems to be a given. All im saying is think about what youre asking for, CI whiners in general.
"
pr1091 wrote:
Youre pushing for not having to take hp nodes at all. If you take stuns and afflictions out of the picture hp stacking is massively inferor to ES how it works today, especially for ranged characters.

A simple solution would be to add "x % chance to avoid stun" to CI or the nodes after it. The x % could be either a fixed chance or it could be tied to the characters ES value. Simply basing the calculation on ES as if it were life would indeed make life builds pointless but calculating it based on a fraction of the ES you have would be different as it could be tuned to be slightly worse than life builds' stun resistance for someone with "typical" ES gear.

Similarily, elemental affliction could be calculated as if your life were some fraction of your ES.

Have to agree with the fact that CI would be too unjust if status ailments were calculated off ES amounts. Being stunlocked or frozen repeatedly is annoying, try getting 3k HP crushed in a split second by a pack of ranged chaos mobs. HP based toons still have to stack chaos resist, which takes a lot away from other stats/passives we could be using as well. There should be a downside to everything, and that is the downside of not having to stack HP nodes. Go waste some points you did not have to spend on stacking HP nodes like crazy and get US or the freeze duration mitigating passives or a few hp nodes. The fact that HP users have better defenses over CI users is because we have to spec them or we chose gear with them, not because we did not go CI. CI users can choose to spec and gear more defensively as well just like everyone else. Not to mention the fact that stacking ES is alot easier than stacking HP, would love to see HP mods up there next to armour values on str gear ... yea that would not be broken either would it. Would also love to see an aura that gave me 200+ hp, or be able to run out a room and have my hp bar full in a few seconds. I understand that yes there are some issues with going CI, but that was a choice that was made, or should have been made after weighing the pros and cons of having CI or not and choosing which play style you liked better. One should not think that they would let you non stop bull rush kill everything on a map without fear of dying.
Last edited by triagic7 on Mar 12, 2013, 12:26:08 PM
"
pr1091 wrote:
Youre pushing for not having to take hp nodes at all. If you take stuns and afflictions out of the picture hp stacking is massively inferor to ES how it works today, especially for ranged characters. Making CI and ES stacking vastly superior and hence what everyone aims for. Its not rocket science, im pretty sure you know exactly what im talking about but you just want that gamebreaking spec to get ingame. NO. Like I said stfu till youve come up with a proper counter to CI in terms of power relative to other specs not having it.

Dont bother going off on a you have no right to tell me what to do tangent, I wont reply to that.

Yea I'm done with you, your ignorance is plain to see. You have yet to tell us how it would be op besides saying it would be superior and others would be inferior. A+ on having nothing to say but spewing the same crap over and over. Maybe you need to stop and think for a bit.
IGN: Juggzz

I reserve the right to withdraw any of my items if the price is not adequate.
:(
Stop fighting on the forums, PM each other if you want to have a fight
"
juggzz wrote:
"
pr1091 wrote:

Yea I'm done with you, your ignorance is plain to see. You have yet to tell us how it would be op besides saying it would be superior and others would be inferior. A+ on having nothing to say but spewing the same crap over and over. Maybe you need to stop and think for a bit.

Why would you choose a hp build over CI if this was in the game right now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info