Creative SB X-Fi sound issue

"
"
Adogold wrote:
"
Adogold, try the --softwareaudio fix with ALchemy and see what happens. I don't expect anything to happen but it'd be interesting to test.

The --softwareaudio is not really a fix.

I tested it and the game does not crash due to a load error, decoded no data. I can also not hear a difference between a normal boot and with --softwareaudio which might be an indication that Alchemy works.

According to the dsoundlog.txt log file that Alchemy creates within the games folder, OpenAL doesn't work with the games software audio.

Indeed it does not.
Reinstalled windows 7 and the .ogg related error returned with the --softwaresound affix.
The ut3 openal render files from the link i posted before still fixxes the error.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Hey guys, I'll ask a programmer about this as soon as one gets into work!

And? What now?
"
Lurelein wrote:
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Hey guys, I'll ask a programmer about this as soon as one gets into work!

And? What now?

He hasn't found any at work, yet. Clearly he needs to move away from his PC in order for his search to be successful.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Ask the guy who creates the PAX drivers, as he knows more about Creative cards than the Creative guys themselves.

Fixes pretty much every issue Creative cards have ever had, I always preferred the PAX X-FI drivers over default by far.

Maybe he'd be able to work with you guys on an X-Fi Patch.
Sorry lads, forgot to reply.

We are currently experimenting with a few new interesting things that should improve the audio overall but also fix the creative issue once and for all.

The audio guy.
Happy to hear it :)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:

We are currently experimenting with a few new interesting things that should improve the audio overall but also fix the creative issue once and for all.

Nice) so when about ready ?)
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:

oh really? that would mean finally hardware sound and no crashes, holy shit.
yeps hoping for a fix, could actually enable sounds in the game for the first time since i started playing in beta =)
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:

This is the best bit of news i have heard in regards to the creative issue since they first popped up in early beta back in 2011. Thanks so much for finally looking at this and working to iron it out. You guys are phenomenal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info