Creative SB X-Fi sound issue

I wish this would get sorted, so annoying.
This was a HUGE problem for me, I was BSOD approximately every other transport (portal, town transition, new areas loaded).

The --softwareaudio fix worked for me and has stopped the BSOD. It actually sounds quite nice, the sound is hotter than my SB X-Fi Extreme, so I had to bring down the sliders a new notches.

That said, I would still like a fix.

Thanks
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Hi guys. I have the same problem. Where can I find this fix you're talking about?
"
Ravenknight wrote:
Hi guys. I have the same problem. Where can I find this fix you're talking about?

Create a shortcut to POE and then edit the properties of the shortcut and at the end of the Target field, add this text:

--softwareaudio

Use this modified shortcut to play the game. You can do this for all existing shortcuts too.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 29, 2013, 6:12:22 PM
"
"
Ravenknight wrote:

Create a shortcut to POE and then edit the properties of the shortcut and at the end of the Target field, add this text:

--softwareaudio

Use this modified shortcut to play the game. You can do this for all existing shortcuts too.

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much for the help, Nicholas. :)
I have a creative sb x-fi titanium.
In the first two acts i sometimes had a problem when i entered a new zone. Game couldn't load certain sound files and then crashed. After booting the game again and walking back to the entrance of that zone it loaded, that was a minor issue.
Now in act 3 when going after the second lover i could not enter the zone. Each time i get a load error thus i tryed the --nosound fix and voila it loaded. Saved the teleport point, reloaded without the affix, teleported and it works.

Game uses openal thus alchemy prolly makes no difference but i'm gona add it anyhow.

After some testing i can say that alchemy does not make a difference, the game keeps using the openal renderer.

Now it becomes funny.
With no changes the game fails when i teleport to the crematorium in act 3 and then use the entrance to the slums, the game crashes due to a load error with a sound related file every time. After abit of searching i found an openal fix for ut 3 : http://www.2shared.com/complete/dyhbD4oh/UT3_OpenAL_Fix.html : after replacing the two related files the game downloads it's own files thus replacing the fix but with that window open and launch button activated you can replace them again and the game does not download it's own. After launching the game and using the fix it no longer crashes due to load error's.

My question is: am i, or we because i think it works for all x-fi users, allowed to use those two files for further play and testing ?
If not then can someone from the team look at these files and make the changes to the games openal renderer so we do no longer have to use --softwaresound or --nosound.
I recon that this is an oppertunity for an easy and fast fix.
Last edited by Adogold on Nov 5, 2013, 5:30:40 PM
I absolutely agree with the previous post, the problem continues and it is very annoying. Please solve this problem quickly, it's not difficult for you, I think. Community is waiting for an official response)
Adogold, try the --softwareaudio fix with ALchemy and see what happens. I don't expect anything to happen but it'd be interesting to test.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Adogold, try the --softwareaudio fix with ALchemy and see what happens. I don't expect anything to happen but it'd be interesting to test.

The --softwareaudio is not really a fix.

I tested it and the game does not crash due to a load error, decoded no data. I can also not hear a difference between a normal boot and with --softwareaudio which might be an indication that Alchemy works.
"
Adogold wrote:
"

The --softwareaudio is not really a fix.

I tested it and the game does not crash due to a load error, decoded no data. I can also not hear a difference between a normal boot and with --softwareaudio which might be an indication that Alchemy works.

According to the dsoundlog.txt log file that Alchemy creates within the games folder, OpenAL doesn't work with the games software audio.
Computer specifications:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info