Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

Real hardcore players will always play poe. Diablo will always be arcade mode. They made it clear that most of their stuff will favor the console type of gameplay. I grew with d2 but now that I am a mature person I simply can't bother with brain dead games like d3 where you press 4 butons and change your build in town when you want.

And we are talking about Blizzard my dudes... They will make a great game and destroy it after in a couple of months by not giving a crap about their players.

P.S. I forgot to also tell you that it will be released in 5 years kappa
Last edited by rusclaudiualin on Nov 4, 2019, 3:28:21 AM
"
wierdzodi wrote:
On a feature level, Path of exile needs to worry a lot, why? Because D4 seems to offer a much more alive & enticing world to play in, it's going to be massive in scale and lots to explore, Hell is said to underlay the enitre world for an extra very lore cool dimension to explore.

Wth? Diablo's world is like a damn kids' lesson in Bible studies, only difference being that the hellish blood and gore is actually shown instead of told. The angels are boring and predictable. The demons slightly less so, but still pretty close to bog standard. Various human kingdoms are mentioned, but serve as little more than settings for us to play in, rather than actually having any complex politics or rivalries than influence the game. I'd much rather play in Wraeclast than Sanctuary, especially if GGG actually decide to make something of its lore involving the various factions (Ezomyte, Maraketh, Karui, etc.). Heaven and Hell are so cliche, and Diablo does nothing innovative with them (there's already a well-established trope for 'purity' being its own kind of dangerous). Give me a more complex human world to play in anyday.
"
Exile009 wrote:
Wth? Diablo's world is like a damn kids' lesson in Bible studies, only difference being that the hellish blood and gore is actually shown instead of told. The angels are boring and predictable. The demons slightly less so, but still pretty close to bog standard. Various human kingdoms are mentioned, but serve as little more than settings for us to play in, rather than actually having any complex politics or rivalries than influence the game. I'd much rather play in Wraeclast than Sanctuary, especially if GGG actually decide to make something of its lore involving the various factions (Ezomyte, Maraketh, Karui, etc.). Heaven and Hell are so cliche, and Diablo does nothing innovative with them (there's already a well-established trope for 'purity' being its own kind of dangerous). Give me a more complex human world to play in anyday.

Well this is pure subjective of course, in my opinion Diablo has a(much) more interesting theme & appealing lore than Path of exile. I do not really care for Wraeclast much, PoE to me was always about the gameplay and interesting customization, Sanctuary on the other hand i find fascinating if the context is just mature, dark enough(I.e not D3 disney).

But what i'm mostly referring to here is the engine of D4, capable of dynamic effects etc.

Last edited by wierdzodi on Nov 4, 2019, 3:50:48 AM
I can understand that d3 looks "too cartoonish"

but did you look at poe lately with all the microtransactions?

and the path of clowns lootbox?

and then . . .

"
We're sick of the recent trend towards bright, cartoony RPGs. The art style we chose for Path of Exile is dark, gritty and realistic. Wraeclast is terrifying, and we've tried hard to do it justice.

and the result..

so tell me after seeing a 15 minute alpha demo of something that's not even close to final product will you still throwing low baits? probably yes, hell yes after all this is poe community.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:

What I find funny is that I thought D2 looked "too cartoonish" when it first came out, which is why I didn't play it until well after LoD came out, and kept playing D1 instead.
"
Xystre wrote:

and then . . .

"
We're sick of the recent trend towards bright, cartoony RPGs. The art style we chose for Path of Exile is dark, gritty and realistic. Wraeclast is terrifying, and we've tried hard to do it justice.

and the result..

Spoiler

so tell me after seeing a 15 minute alpha demo of something that's not even close to final product will you still throwing low baits? probably yes, hell yes after all this is poe community.

You did hear that D4 is gonna have cosmetic mtxes too, right? Do you really think Blizz is gonna pass up the chance for more money just to fit in with the theme? You're talking about the company that's even releasing a mobile version of Diablo. Whether a game's theming is on point has never been about its mtx options - that's only ever a perspective some players insist on, not developers.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 4, 2019, 4:25:36 AM
"
Xystre wrote:

and then . . .

"

and the result..

Oh hey, it's me :D

*waves*

That MTX cost me close to $500 btw, you can't exactly call that the norm.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
D3 didnt kill POE, why would anyone think a D3 reskin would? Just because Blizzard calls it D4 it stil just a wow arpg.

BTW have you noticed Blizzard copys Torchlight like crazy?

First D3 - cartoonish, restricted areas...gameplay is exactly like Torchlight.

Now a Diablo mmo-arpg? Hello! Torchlight frontiers? Every heard of it??

I don’t think it would or ever kill POE on PC, but it definitely would on console. If GGG doesn’t get their act together regarding the bugs and performance issues still plaguing the console versions, this absolutely will happen. The fact D4 will support couch co-op already gives it an advantage on console over POE.
As someone playing ARPGs since Diablo 1 ...

I don't believe a second that Diablo 4 can have a chance without copying the very best aspects of poe.

Even then it can barely reach poe. So called "runes" that existed in d2 are in poe in a different way aswell. So that for sure wont be the reason why i would hype myself after the Diablo 3 totaldesaster. (RMAH etc..)

I'm happy blizzard announced D4 - i'm very sure i will at least spend a month in that game - but i'm also sure it wont hit POE too hard if GGG is smart enough and takes the new "Challenge" as a motivation to make the POE playerbase more happy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info