Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

I wouldn't buy Diablo 4 at all, or any other Blizzard product, because Blizzard has become arrogant and unskilled in the art of making games.

In fact, I would continue to do exactly what I've been doing, and that is playing PoE.

Please do not speak for me as if you know me or have any idea who I am at all, and Blizzard can go out of business right now for all I care.

We all know D4 will be monetized out the ass. They already tried it with D3 and it was implemented so badly with the Real money AH the game had to be readjusted when they finally took it out. If you believe they won't pull that shit again

you're dead wrong.

Blizzards long since dead and activisions been wearing its skin like Buffalo Bill using it to garner a sense of trust from Blizzard fans but with all the recent shit they are pulling that trust has faded. I'm all but certain if D4 comes out the monetizations gonna be so bad it'll kill the game.
Last edited by Necrotekk on May 22, 2019, 8:01:16 PM
Ha, nice troll.. let's see how their cash grab phone game does first.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
I certainly would have left to play it for a while. I would also leave to play a remastered D2 for a while as well. Whether I would stay away forever is still outstanding.

Would probably leave the WORLD for an extended period for D2 remastered.

BLIZZARD WHY YOU NO RELEASE D2 REMASTERED???!???!?!??!?!?????!!!!!ONE

Buy grim dawn, dl mod reign of terror mod you are welcome, better that a remaster by blizzard
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Why are you people worried about a game that hasn't even been announced yet?

Obviously boredom waiting for next league. The PoE junkies are jonzing for their next racing adrenaline fix. Chris and company have deliberately coded PoE into a shooter/racer to make their game like it was a drug that players will get addicted too and must get their next hit/fix every 13 weeks. Watch the "how to" for game developers from Chris:

Designing Path of Exile to Be Played Forever. Chris Wilson at GDC 2019

This will happen near the end of every challenge league. I'd say "well done GGG" from a business product marketing strategy viewpoint but since I'm only a lowly "filthy casual" and morphing PoE from an arpg into a shooter/racer game wrecks the pace of play for me (I don't have twitch reflexes) so I'm just bummed out and sad over what PoE is now.  :(
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
i'm guessing that diablo 4 will take another 2 years before release, thats another 2 years of poe content
"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

You're jumping the gun a bit. I love what I saw with d4 at blizzcon, but its far from a finish project that is not even coming out blizzard soon.

Mean while we haven't even seen what's coming with PoE 4.0.

premature dude
poe immortal will remember this.

also some short demo (15 mins) isnt painting the whole picture to me but at least now I have some idea what they want with d4.

11 days 18 hours left.. a cinematic wont do shite for me, I want to see gameplay most of the people here I guess would get easily tricked with a wonderful cinematic and get overhyped in seconds..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Have you guys seen D4? Its basically a reskinned D3 with more darker filter and even more dumbed down itemization/character building.
Its basically mobile game levels of complexity and certinally not a competitior for PoE.
If anything D4 would serve as free promotion for PoE.
"
Jadame wrote:
Have you guys seen D4? Its basically a reskinned D3 with more darker filter and even more dumbed down itemization/character building.
Its basically mobile game levels of complexity and certinally not a competitior for PoE.
If anything D4 would serve as free promotion for PoE.

I have seen D4 and it looks very good for an early alpha build, have you seen some real screenshots and not just a shady stream?
https://www.gamersyde.com/news_diablo_iv_formally_announced-21297_en.html#galerie-14

On a pure technical level, yes people would flock to D4(And i don't think 4.0.0 will make much of a difference unless GGG overhauls the entire aged PoE engine)

As for the itemization, Path of exile does not need to worry, what we have seen from the panels is that Blizzard still does not understand how to make a proper itemization, but this could change as the game is at least 2 years from release(i'm guessing 3 years, 2022). But so far, easy win for GGG team.

On a feature level, Path of exile needs to worry a lot, why? Because D4 seems to offer a much more alive & enticing world to play in, it's going to be massive in scale and lots to explore, Hell is said to underlay the enitre world for an extra very lore cool dimension to explore. Open world PvP will draw a lot of people in, many have been yearning for PvP since Diablo 2 days, don't underestimate this. The game should play very smooth & crisp in parties or groups, something Path of exile struggles with.

Lastly, i don't think one game will kill the other, they should be able to co-exist and it is important for us consumers that they do, without competition games deteriorate quickly and devs become lazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info