Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2019, 9:07:42 AM
I don't think it's a secret that PoE thrives on the lack of real competition. But why we have to hyperbole it and use words like "kill", "dead" and whatnot, I will never understand. Diablo 4 and PoE can co-exist. Will PoE suffer? Sure. Will it die? Doubtful.

But, I've come to peace with the fact that this community can't discuss anything without hyperboling everything into eternity, while seeing everything black or white. There's no middle point with today's kids. No grey area. It's either/or.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

Do you know why so many people Kickstarted this game back in 2012? It's because there were barely any ARPGs being made that could compete with or follow up on Diablo 2. That hasn't really changed.

D3 was the result of a studio hooked on WoW money appointing a WoW guy to "fix" Diablo by making it something completely different from D2. He even told us we didn't like it, that it wasn't fun. Later on someone else fixed his game and made it pretty fun, and then another group wrecked it again.

D4...tomorrow? Lol, you must have missed the Diablo Immortal announcement a few months back. Give it a couple of years and they'll be hooked on mobile money instead, then we'll see what kind of product "Diablo 4" will be. Until then, Blizz does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. Still, there's nothing wrong with playing two ARPGs either.
I'd only buy the claim at 50% on it's face, but since Blizzard is behind the IP : 0%, even if they based the game around D2/PoE mechanics to create a better game simply because Activision would then turn around and slap the game with its DLC-dick or Microtransaction-penis...
People would try out Diablo 4 for sure then jump back to PoE since there is no way Blizzard is able to make any games with enough content these days to saturate the rapidly increasing demands ppl have when it comes to ARPGs. Sure the graphics might be flashy but the content from a newly released game will be waaay waaay behind years upon years of added content for PoE.
Thing is... diablo 4 won't release anytime soon. That's why I highly doubt that it will "kill" poe when it comes out. Remember... 4.0 was and is being designed to compete against a diablo 4. I'm quite certain that they have something big in store for us, I doubt they'd make a statement like that without being able to back it up.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Imagine still trusting Blizzard in 2019.
Math of Exile moar liek it amirite
The bigger the developer is, the more forced are they to appeal to the masses by making their game (more or less) casual. And that doesn't sit well with most(?) PoE players, even though you can argue that PoE is, inevitably, heading in the same direction.

There's not enough niche no-lifers to feed a triple-A title.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 8, 2019, 3:00:19 PM
D4 release would have much the same effect the D3 release had, zilch.

Grim dawn and Wolcen are good options, although the later isnt finished yet (real beta early access).
"

Diablo 4? Barely. It is not even known whether and when this game will be created at all. But bugs will kill it, together with some PoE-like games, like Wolcen. And some serious competition from arcade shooters. Because PoE isn't arpg anymore. It's arcade shooter with rpg elements, but very clunky and convoluted. You'll see what happens to steamcharts after September 13.

If "new league" - patch 3.8 will be released on September 8, which results from the three-month plan, after a week, it will "collide" with the release of Borderlands 3. If 3.8 turns out to be something like 3.6, you'll see what the real outflow of players looks like.
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info