[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

In order of price (from less to most expensive)

1. Witchfire Brew.
2. Better roll + 20 quality via imbued catalysts on Mark of the Shaper.
3. Better amulet (Malevolence Aul or +1 rare with decent mods) with the right anointment (Tranquility).
4. Watcher's eye with the right mods for the build.
5. Better wand (cold damage / +1 cold spells / multimod trigger + cold multi)

Enjoy!
Last edited by djnat on Feb 16, 2020, 6:51:28 PM
Am on crafting a better wand - dumped many ex into it already :P have around 400 ex to throw at my stuff and to learn more about crafting. Have an imprint with t1 cold multi and t1 cast speed (lame for vortex) but i ended up spamming fridig fossils on wands and tried to notice if i could salvage something via beastcrafting or metacrafting.

Now I got this one:

What do you think? The frostbite (unfortunately) doesnt show up on the poeninja dps, so my E-Penis stays the same even though my greatest wish now is to dominate Ibernat!!!

Jokes aside - it is terrifyingly hard to get t1 multi and + cold skills on a wand :(

I am still not entirely sure about clearspeed as a starter but i will try out recovery on boots + helmet to see if that helps at all.

PS: any tips for crafting vortex wands? fridig (+aetheric) spamming? alt spamming?
Last edited by Bendortiker on Feb 17, 2020, 11:51:56 AM
i cant tell you much about crafting, i still have to learn a lot.
craftet my own wand this league. so i made my first attempts.

but in my humble opinion, your wand is bad because of this:

- the colddmg to spells kills your elemental equilibrium. and the -50% res to cold is a huge dps win or loss in your situation.

and that is for all your gear, even for colddmg to attacks...just be sure that there is no bonus colddmg on your gear!

a solid way to build a wand should have +38 to colddmg over time multiplier.
38-40 spelldmg, trigger a socketed spell. and if you can craft multiple mods, add whatever is good and possible with your open mods.

sometimes a good, solid wand is better than trying to get the excellence + :-).
Last edited by DerianDerian on Feb 17, 2020, 2:45:33 PM
"
DerianDerian wrote:
i cant tell you much about crafting, i still have to learn a lot.
craftet my own wand this league. so i made my first attempts.

but in my humble opinion, your wand is bad because of this:

- the colddmg to spells kills your elemental equilibrium. and the -50% res to cold is a huge dps win or loss in your situation.

and that is for all your gear, even for colddmg to attacks...just be sure that there is no bonus colddmg on your gear!

a solid way to build a wand should have +38 to colddmg over time multiplier.
38-40 spelldmg, trigger a socketed spell. and if you can craft multiple mods, add whatever is good and possible with your open mods.

sometimes a good, solid wand is better than trying to get the excellence + :-).

Thank you, your point about colddamage to spells is an excellent one. It might actually kill the EE-effect of the triggered spells and lead to a loss in dps.

Ill keep trying to get a better wand. The stats were intriguin, especially the forstbite + cold exposure combination, but trashmobs die instantly anyway and bosses are often times not curseable, which makes me prefer a solid +spelldmg over something strong but situational like frostbite. The cold exposure also doesn't stack with the one from frostbomb. although the extra cold exposure makes it proc more quickly since frostbomb is only triggered (statistically) every thrird vortex cast, while exposure from the wand should trigger a lot, since orb and stormcall hit a lot.

I need to find another way to dominate Ibernat, though I do not doubt in the slightest that I will succeed.

PS, I am not even sure whether frostbite stacks with cold exposure. So many mechanics I still need to learn...
Last edited by Bendortiker on Feb 17, 2020, 3:28:30 PM
Will using Herald of Ice absolutely ruin my damage? if so i have an open gem slot for an alternative.
"
Will using Herald of Ice absolutely ruin my damage? if so i have an open gem slot for an alternative.

yes it will as it adds cold damage to spells and that ruins EE.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"

yes it will as it adds cold damage to spells and that ruins EE.

Ah oh, thanks man!
Hi. There is no ultimate Save available for this build?
"
2517 wrote:
Hi. There is no ultimate Save available for this build?

Like a health flask??

Vaal Discipline if you feel you need it.
Not much has changed for this build I guess when reading the patch notes. What do you think?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info