[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

medium cold % clusters are crazy busted, easiest +60% dps from 2c items.

you want 5 or 6 nodes mediums, with increased effect, notables are all good but brush with dead is just about only mandatory, 1% es on kill is super helpful this league. 2% damage over time is also good but doesn't compare to something like 6node +40% cold damage multiplier from effect, probably not worth getting i84 for 35% depends if it rolls over to another +1%

also with changes to +1 gems, getting +1 active on chest and +1 cold on shield is a massive dps boost, +1 on wand is also attainable.

3 days in and already at 1m dps 5k es without atziri,ll,CL,MoS. actual 10c budget starter.
Last edited by Mizerka on Mar 16, 2020, 6:16:05 PM
What clusters are you using? Can you link them here?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
What clusters are you using? Can you link them here?

cobalt's could be better and 2nd medium is meh +25%, but first is flat +34%, you probably want to roll sockets as well, they're typically 4-6% compared to 2.5% of the small passive. you also want full 6 passives implicit.

these are just one's I've rolled 2nd day in league, I'm sure better nodes are out there
Last edited by Mizerka on Mar 18, 2020, 6:04:59 PM
Thanks.
I still feel my DPS is too low but I think that is because my set up is not done yet and still on a 5 link. Main lack of DPS though is that I don't use EE yet simply because I can't a good wand with trigger a socketed spell yet. Getting a wand with some flat lightning or fire spell damage would also work to trigger EE but I just want a decent wand so I can both trigger EE and EO consistently. At level 82 I haven't had a decent drop yet to get me some currency... only sold a few cluster gems for 10 / 15c but that's it. Guess I'll need to persist and keep looking for an affordable wand.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I can not gather the point on Elemental Overload, i've checking POB and since im dealing like 7% of crit chance, why would u spent 2 points on reaching the EO node? i guess it would be a better deal to spent them onto a cluster tree or something
"
selu720 wrote:
I can not gather the point on Elemental Overload, i've checking POB and since im dealing like 7% of crit chance, why would u spent 2 points on reaching the EO node? i guess it would be a better deal to spent them onto a cluster tree or something

Because even if your crit chance is that low, you only need to crit once per 8 seconds to keep 100% uptime on elemental overload. And since this character uses a lot of fast-hitting spells like storm brand, ball lightning and orb of storms (all on trigger / cwdt setups) 100% uptime is almost warranteed.
Ok... after spending some chaos on a 6L chest and getting a trigger wand set up my DPS improved a lot. The cluster jewels are also quite nice and give a good boost in damage. Just by getting the 6L my tooltip DoT damage went from 135k to 195k.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Ok... after spending some chaos on a 6L chest and getting a trigger wand set up my DPS improved a lot. The cluster jewels are also quite nice and give a good boost in damage. Just by getting the 6L my tooltip DoT damage went from 135k to 195k.

im sitting on 236k with my starter build that still practically 10c budget. +1 active on chest (still 5l) and +1 cold on wand or shield are huge dmg increase

delirium fingerless gloves are a good damage boost as well, also I'm crafting increased damage while leeching, which is almost always this league.
Last edited by Mizerka on Mar 20, 2020, 7:19:16 PM
Did anyone find a good small cluster jewel for the build?
I'm using one with prismatic heart at the moment which seems like a decent addition but not sure if there are better ones out there.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Did anyone find a good small cluster jewel for the build?
I'm using one with prismatic heart at the moment which seems like a decent addition but not sure if there are better ones out there.

not found anything that good, the only good one I have is a resistance one but I'm capped already, only used it briefly to get +1% max res and some fire res.

typically cobalt's are better than small clusters, large clusters, both spell% and cold% aren't anywhere near as good as medium +cold%multi especially given we travel around the tree a lot we can't really spare all that much to go into large cluster. Looking at some other tree's they're sacrificing a lot to get into 8 cold% large clusters with 2 sockets, and 3rd medium into top right on tree, with es% smalls to compensate for lost defensives on tree, it pretty much just breaks even, so until you have currency spare to roll into these it won't be worth it.

coming back into league again, everything is so cheap making this even more accessible, +1 chest, +1 cold shield, vertex, delirium gloves
Last edited by Mizerka on Mar 29, 2020, 1:33:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info