[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

TY very much. This is what I thought as well.. Just need your brain to confirm it.
Ty Gryphenprey for very detailed build. I managed to kill Awakaner lvl 8 with it today investing something around 10ex in it (no atziri's mirror + cowards legacy). I recorded some short t16 pit of chimera full clear with it, if anyone would be interested.
Any chance of getting the passive tree built in poeplanner so I can view it on a smartphone I am currently playing on console because my pc is down and want to try the build on there thank you.
Ok i think i am very spoiled with this being my first build in POE. The tankines of this build is such a treat as a new player. I have tried 5-6 different builds after this and nothing feels quite like it. Got my Atziri+Legacy combe shortly after djnat's tipps and it's just crazy. I think i've done everything deathless by now and i'm so happy with it.

Thank you all so much!
Last edited by Rickstar on Jan 31, 2020, 1:05:31 PM
Hi

I was just wondering: I currently use a staff.

If I change this to wand + shield, will I not loose a lot of dps?
"Opinions are like a$$holes: Everyone's got one!" - Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"
Okay can someone look at my char and what i am doing wrong.

I have absolutely no bossdmg :D
"
MsOtherName wrote:
Okay can someone look at my char and what i am doing wrong.

I have absolutely no bossdmg :D

First of all, you have to remove the "of warding" flask you are using, since it deactivates the legacy + reflection combo making you lose the 30% MORE damage from Pain Attunement. Replace it with an Experimenter Quartz flask of Dousing.

Second, you should get 21/20 Vortex and Vaal Cold Snap. It's like 12% MORE damage on both skills.

Third, you should remove the "Doom cast" notable and the two spell crit nodes leading to it, and take the Prodigal Perfection notable instead. It's a very noticeable DPS increase.

Fourth, you should buy a better roll Mark of the Shaper and use 20 imbued catalysts on it. A perfect MotS can give up to 96% spell damage when full qualitized, it's like having two extra skill points on your passive tree when compared to your current one.

Fifth, Sin's Rebirth is doing absolutely nothing for your character from a damage point of view. Replace it with a 2 uses (chemist's) Silver flask of Adrenaline to gain clear speed.

Sixth, get dexterity on gear and remove the 2 +30 dexterity nodes which feel like a total waste in the highest levels. You are currently using delirium gloves AND hypothermia helmet which are redundant, you need only one of the two for the Cold Snap setup. I'd get dexterity on gloves, for example, and craft the +1 level of aoe gems on them to give an extra level to auras.

Further upgrades can be expensive.

1. A better wand. Your current one is decent, but a +1 one (or +2 if you're very rich) with some multimodding can be a lot better. I'm currently using

which is a very good example of what you should aim for.

2. A better amulet. Malevolence Aul's Uprising is a good choice, because it makes you run an extra damage aura. Or a rare amulet with +1 / +2 skills and crafted 20% ES on it. You are missing the Tranquility anointment on the neck slot too, which is a very strong DPS boost for the character.

3. A watcher's eye. The "es on hit" with Discipline one is extremely good when you use CWDT + Ball Lightning and the automated Storm brand + OOS in the wand. Another good defensive mod is the faster start of ES recharge with Discipline. Offensive ones which can be used are the Hatred one which gives extra cold damage and the Malevolence one with extra damage / cold damage over time muptiplier.

Enjoy!
Last edited by djnat on Feb 4, 2020, 8:13:15 AM
Hi

I just isolated the cold dot mod on my wand and find out that multimodding has been changed to "up to 3 mods".

But when I check out your wand in the description, it has the "up to 3" mod and 4 additional mods on the wand.

How is that possible????
"Opinions are like a$$holes: Everyone's got one!" - Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"
"
Mjølner wrote:
Hi

I just isolated the cold dot mod on my wand and find out that multimodding has been changed to "up to 3 mods".

But when I check out your wand in the description, it has the "up to 3" mod and 4 additional mods on the wand.

How is that possible????

Those wands are standard / legacy ones, it isn't possible to add more than 2 mods (plus the multimod suffix) to an item anymore.
Last edited by djnat on Feb 4, 2020, 10:46:49 AM
Going to keeping this up to date going into next league?

Can't seem to find many trickster Vortex/coldsnap builds.

Last time I went a DoT build I went Occultist and I fucking wished I would have went trickster.

Almost 100% sure I'm going Vortex/Coldsnap for next league as my starter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info