[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
NLe wrote:
Going to keeping this up to date going into next league?

Can't seem to find many trickster Vortex/coldsnap builds.

Last time I went a DoT build I went Occultist and I fucking wished I would have went trickster.

Almost 100% sure I'm going Vortex/Coldsnap for next league as my starter.

I'll make updates for anything major for sure. I should probably update the gear/weapon crafting section but I haven't actually played this build since Legion so I'm not super familiar with what the best methods for crafting a good weapon (as an example) currently are.

But yes, any major nerfs/buffs will merit an update for sure. ^^

If they nerf my non-summoning Necro builds I'll probably default to this failing any other inspirations. hehe
Am on crafting a better wand - dumped many ex into it already :P have around 400 ex to throw at my stuff and to learn more about crafting. Have an imprint with t1 cold multi and t1 cast speed (lame for vortex) but i ended up spamming fridig fossils on wands and tried to notice if i could salvage something via beastcrafting or metacrafting.

Now I got this one:

What do you think? The frostbite (unfortunately) doesnt show up on the poeninja dps, so my E-Penis stays the same even though my greatest wish now is to dominate Ibernat!!!

Jokes aside - it is terrifyingly hard to get t1 multi and + cold skills on a wand :(

I am still not entirely sure about clearspeed as a starter but i will try out recovery on boots + helmet to see if that helps at all.
Last edited by Bendortiker on Feb 17, 2020, 10:14:07 AM
"
Bendortiker wrote:
Hi and thank you very much for your guide. I started in synth league and played trickster ED contagion every league for some reason :P Now i had some currency and decided to try out this build. I am fairly happy with it and i had some luck crafting my chest. My gear is pretty good, I think - and now comes the question:

How are you supposed to run ele reflect and no reg? Am i missing something? In no reg maps i cast vortex once and thats it and ele reflect maps kill me pretty much instantly.

I would try an enduring mana flask for no regen. Should make it easy enough.

For reflect take soul of Yugul and try not to pop vortex/cold snap right in the middle of packs. YOu can put it in front of the packs and let them walk onto it. It's slower but it works.
The only real solution for easy and quick reflect maps is

and it must replace mark of the Shaper for those maps.

If you don't get reflect immunity and you keep that ring on, volatile anomalies (which are not under your control, sadly) kill you easily when your gear / damage is high enough and the reflect map affix is boosted by awakened level 8.
Last edited by djnat on Feb 6, 2020, 9:12:22 PM
Question done
Last edited by DerianDerian on Feb 9, 2020, 7:43:11 AM
Thanks for answering my question.

How is this build holding up as a league starter? My experience is that it doesnt clear too well, but i have not tried cd recovery and increased area for mapping.

Also, could someone explain how poeninja calculates the dps? When you search for tricksters that use vortex, there are several that have 500k dps more than me. If you check the equip, I'd argue that im up there. Sure i am missing 1 to 2 lvl on the wand and 2 cold dmg over time multiplier on wand and gloves, but those two things would never bridge 500k.... so I have no clue.

Have you experienced vortex occulist? How are they comparing? POEninja shows that the clear choice for most poeple going vortex is occulist (92 to 6 percent). What are the trade-offs? Survivability versus clearspeed versus bossing? Is there a clear winner and trickster just a sentimental choice for vortex?

Thanks anyway, though I'd probably go for ED again as league starter since it takes less investment and you dont have to reroll reflect and noreg and u can play any vaaled map when u start completing your atlas.

cheers
Last edited by Bendortiker on Feb 14, 2020, 1:29:07 PM
You can look at my character (I'm like the second trickster on poe.ninja if you sort by Vortex DPS) to see some differences.

You don't have Aspect of the Spider (= 15% MORE damage).

You don't have a Watcher's eye (I have got a pretty godly one for the build).

Your wand is a lot worse than mine (you are missing a +1 skill and cold multi).

These 3 things together are a fuckton of damage.

As to the debate Trickster vs Occultist, I'd go Trickster all the time. Survivability and clear speed are a lot better than Occultist's ones.

Occultists should excel at bossing, but when your gear is set in stone you are super fast as a Trickster too (I regularly farm Sirus aw lvl 8 averaging 2'30" kill time).
Last edited by djnat on Feb 15, 2020, 5:37:36 AM
Thanks for your quick reply. I do have a watchers eye - it was just on my ED trickster. It is the exact same one as you have - tbh it was your profile i checked out before i switched to vortex. But yes, i am missing one cold multi on the wand, one level on the wand and aspect of the spider - those make 500k difference, from 550 to 1.1 million? I'll craft a wand, gloves and get aspect of the spider but I am VERY sceptical :P
Last edited by Bendortiker on Feb 14, 2020, 7:09:38 PM
Keep in mind that:

- 1 extra level to Vortex and to Hatred (the +1 cold spell wand buffs hatred too) is about 13% more damage
- The 42% cold dot multi you are missing is about 28% more damage
- Aspect of the spider is 15% more damage

Those numbers are multiplicative like support gems.

So your 550k becomes 621k with a +1 cold wand
The 621k becomes 795k with the cold multi from watcher's eye and the crafted affix on the wand
The 795k becomes 914k with Aspect of the Spider.

At that point it's a matter of min-maxing to get more damage.

You still have to get the Entropy notable in the Shadow area which is nice extra damage (about 3.3% more).

Awakened support gems, perfect damage affixes, good jewels, corrupted supports, extra levels, all matters.
Last edited by djnat on Feb 14, 2020, 8:21:09 PM
Very nice build, it's the first one I'm actually trying to min-max, but I feel like I've hit a wall, don't know what to upgrade next, or why my damage feels kind of low. Any advice?

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info