[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Nyr4w wrote:
hey i've just reroll a cyclone to play this build,

i wanted to do it since last league but you know as an occultist. So i finished all the acts, bought/crafted my stuff like there is on your guide but on PoB i have a real lack of damage i think ? i'm only at 220k DoT dps and 6k ES only (that's okay i'm only lvl 71 on this character so it comes a bit from the skill tree i guess) but even when i complete all my skill tree and adding new jewels etc on PoB i don't have a lot of damage.. I began the game in 3.6 so i'm not good at making/adapting builds yet. I would like a piece of advice on what i should do next/better to up my build. One problem for know : i'm out of currency xd need to farm and sell some stuff. But yeah i don't understand my PoB, i saw everyone with so much dps and even if i therorycraft every items with the perfect modifiers and values it doesn't change, the person always have more dps :/
It was like that with my cyclone, i had 600k dps on Pob, the guy that i was checking the build on had 1.3 million and i couldn't go higher than 800k with the same items as him on PoB ..

here is where i am right know with the build
https://pastebin.com/wH6jxr7c

and the ring 1 will change at lvl 80 by this one

Hey! Taking a look at the PoB it just looks like you need to use the configuration tab. Check things like :Enemy is Chilled, Frenzy Charges, Ignore Skill Hit, and Enemy Has been hit by lightning damage.

Also your damage will go up a lot after you take Pain Attunement (30% more) That's 2 points away and then also grab Elemental Equilibrium for the debuff.

Finally, gem levels will make a HUGE difference in the DPS numbers. Right now your Vortex is level 16. Level 20 or 21 (even better) will boost dps by a LOT.

Here's a pastbin with the right configurations and some tree progression added with your gear. I made your Main skills level 21 and added an Energy From Within Jewel.

https://pastebin.com/e79w95Bj

Also a Watcher's Eye with Cold DoT Multi While affected by Malevolence is a good boost. Get that with another useful mod for a good lift.

Mark of the Shaper+Elder Rare ring for a little more

-9% Cold Res to nearby Enemies on the helmet slot is a bit more

Aspect of the Spider somewhere would give another "enemies take 15% increased damage" modifier.

Even without those things you're up to over 1m DPS (with leveled gems) which is perfectly fine for all content.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jul 6, 2019, 9:15:01 PM
just wondering

CI is considered as LL? If 1 life is 100%, how can you get below 30% to achieve the LL?

nm solved. belt and atzi's
Last edited by wmin on Jul 7, 2019, 5:04:26 AM
okay thanks Gryph i'll follow what you just said and see where it goes !

Last edited by Nyr4w on Jul 7, 2019, 8:59:29 AM
Hi Gryphenprey,

Just stopped by to say thank for the build. Im about to hit lvl90 and just today completed first shaper kill ever. Not deathless, but it is due to wrong pantheons and not knowing boss mechanics. Before that killed Red Elder - was super easy. So next stop is Uber Elder :) tho, I need to respec some nodes to get energy from within jewel. Plus trying to create good helmet - no luck so far.

To anyone thinking that on a budget you won't get enough damage - that's not true. Due to skills mechanics you throw 3 vortex and cold snap. So when you looking at your POB and think you doing only say 200k DOT dps - multiply it by 3 at least and you get much better picture :)

So, build is solid and pretty easy for gearing even for lazy players like myself! :)

PS> After I dropped shield charge in favor of CWDT + IM - t15-t16 maps became a bit safer. I prefer to snipe in red maps rather than rush into armies on shield charge with fortify.
"
iSoldier wrote:
Hi Gryphenprey,

Just stopped by to say thank for the build. Im about to hit lvl90 and just today completed first shaper kill ever. Not deathless, but it is due to wrong pantheons and not knowing boss mechanics. Before that killed Red Elder - was super easy. So next stop is Uber Elder :) tho, I need to respec some nodes to get energy from within jewel. Plus trying to create good helmet - no luck so far.

To anyone thinking that on a budget you won't get enough damage - that's not true. Due to skills mechanics you throw 3 vortex and cold snap. So when you looking at your POB and think you doing only say 200k DOT dps - multiply it by 3 at least and you get much better picture :)

So, build is solid and pretty easy for gearing even for lazy players like myself! :)

PS> After I dropped shield charge in favor of CWDT + IM - t15-t16 maps became a bit safer. I prefer to snipe in red maps rather than rush into armies on shield charge with fortify.

just FYI, vortex doesnt stack. put 10 on top of each other, is the same as putting 1 (dps wise).

but I would say in general, spell builds scale off levels and links, and are LESS dependent on gear. ie, get a cheap wand with good spell dmg/cold dmg (and hopefully some CDOT) and you're good to go. cant afford? go spine of the first claimant and rime gaze and that's all the dps you need. get a cheap lvl 21 vortex and support gems, even not qualitied they are good dps boosts.

as for POB, make sure you have config correct. during bossing you are EE EO frostbomb frostbite bonechill all applied. those are massive boosts to dps. not meant to be sarcastic/troll/condescending, but 200k dps means either you have POB not configured correctly, or you're missing some of the *key* dps boost that are cheap (as suggested above). get a cheap vortex helm, 30% cdr with some 100-200 ES, as well as a cheap 5/6L with EVES.
"
just FYI, vortex doesnt stack. put 10 on top of each other, is the same as putting 1 (dps wise).

but I would say in general, spell builds scale off levels and links, and are LESS dependent on gear. ie, get a cheap wand with good spell dmg/cold dmg (and hopefully some CDOT) and you're good to go. cant afford? go spine of the first claimant and rime gaze and that's all the dps you need. get a cheap lvl 21 vortex and support gems, even not qualitied they are good dps boosts.

as for POB, make sure you have config correct. during bossing you are EE EO frostbomb frostbite bonechill all applied. those are massive boosts to dps. not meant to be sarcastic/troll/condescending, but 200k dps means either you have POB not configured correctly, or you're missing some of the *key* dps boost that are cheap (as suggested above). get a cheap vortex helm, 30% cdr with some 100-200 ES, as well as a cheap 5/6L with EVES.

Well, that is something new to me. Thank you for a hint and I was throwing Vortex under bosses like mad thinking that would triple dmg hahaha. Now, clear ;) with all needed checkboxes ticked I have 500k DPS on Vortex. Going to try to vaal it after reaching 20 gem lvl . Hope, luck is on my side :)
"
iSoldier wrote:
"
Spoiler

Well, that is something new to me. Thank you for a hint and I was throwing Vortex under bosses like mad thinking that would triple dmg hahaha. Now, clear ;) with all needed checkboxes ticked I have 500k DPS on Vortex. Going to try to vaal it after reaching 20 gem lvl . Hope, luck is on my side :)

yeah follow the above gryphen's post to help with simulating vortex dps better. 500k sounds more convincing. regarding 21 vortex, if you're going for budget, you can buy a 0% quality lvl 21 cheap. (you just lose some aoe which is not a big problem).

no problem, we all start from somewhere, glad this helps!
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
iSoldier wrote:
"
Spoiler

yeah follow the above gryphen's post to help with simulating vortex dps better. 500k sounds more convincing. regarding 21 vortex, if you're going for budget, you can buy a 0% quality lvl 21 cheap. (you just lose some aoe which is not a big problem).

no problem, we all start from somewhere, glad this helps!

One of the things I love about this build is how well it scales and how much you can do with very little.

Also, I would get a level 21 with no quality (and have done so myself) because they are fairly cheap.
hey Gryph, little update on my build following what you said and i just did my first uber elder ever ^^ without noticeable issues (died twice).

I upgraded for a mark of the shaper ring and an elder ring.

And also i figured out why my dps was a bit lower than usual on PoB, it's because i didn't checked some settings on the configuration page (like the use of frenzy charges and that the ennemy are chilled and then EE with the lightning hit). All this wasn't helping my dps and now it just blow up like i'm at 1.5M :)

so yeah thx dude, love that build

My new PoB if you want to check (it's not perfect but still pretty good i think, atleast for me)

https://pastebin.com/MEdFvY4k

And also i have new gloves with aspect of the spider on it but i don't have enough mana to activate it so i just stick with the 30% more DoT gloves right now.

I have 2 nodes on my passive tree for strength and dexterity cuz i need it right now but i need to figure out how to get rid of these.

Now i'm farming currency for a watch eyes jewel with Cold DoT Multi While affected by Malevolence (a bit expansive for me right now)
Got tired of my melee character. Decided to give this build a go and alrdy bought some items even tho barely done act1. Nice to have some items waiting. Armour is self crafted:Third try. I dont like shield charge so I took a wand. Rather use flamedash/phaserun combo.
Last edited by Hartsa on Jul 9, 2019, 12:06:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info