[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Hi. What about legion jewels? Which to use and where?
"
EtoVitya wrote:
Hi. What about legion jewels? Which to use and where?

I used a lethal Pride - Kiliova for Glancing Blows (this was an experiment) for the Shaper Run I recorded. It's got nice synergy with Arcane Swiftness Noteable and gives a nice Layer of Defense. I put it down by Harrier and Allocated Necromantic Aegis for it. I have since retired this because it's very point intensive and I wanted to test other things.

What I currently use it Brutal Restraints (Maraketh jewel, 35-40c), Name doesn't matter I'm using it for Onslaught on Kill for 8 seconds. the 3 places to check when slotting these is the jewel socket to teh right of the Shadow Start (best place with 5 noteables already allocated) the one north of Witch Start, that covers Utmost Intellect and Arcane Will as well as several noteables that are fine to take/change pathing for if you hit some good mods, and then the socket in the northwest region near Whispers of Doom. This one covers the 2 big Attribute nodes, whispers of doom, and unnatural Calm. it doesn't mess with EO either as it is JUST out of range, also the best place if you want one of the Keystones for Maraketh as you can take Minion Instability.

TLDR: I like Maraketh for easy Onslaught and some other nifty mods. (Aura effect, Flask stuff, Ele damage, tons of Dex)
What do you use for flasks since cant use bottled faith
Hmm...
This looks extremely well HC viable! :)
I love it. I was so sad when they destroyed my ocu :) lets see how it will go.

I am thinking of implementing solstice vigil tho :)
Hey Gryph, thanks for the guide. I played the Occultist version last league and loved it.

I think I may play your version now.

Can you tell me about the legion encounters? How good is this build in clearing them quickly?
"
mystic12 wrote:
What do you use for flasks since cant use bottled faith

These are what I use. You can use whatever you want though. Sorrow of the Divine or Everflowing Chalice are good options too.

This is an option as well.

"
minimalismm wrote:
Hmm...
This looks extremely well HC viable! :)
I love it. I was so sad when they destroyed my ocu :) lets see how it will go.

I am thinking of implementing solstice vigil tho :)

This build is certainly HC viable. Just prioritize defenses of course. :)

Not sure if solstice Vigil is really all that helpful. You're better off going for a malevolence Aul's (high budget) or a big ES + Cold DoT Multi Shaper Amulet

"
dday_0612 wrote:
Hey Gryph, thanks for the guide. I played the Occultist version last league and loved it.

I think I may play your version now.

Can you tell me about the legion encounters? How good is this build in clearing them quickly?

It's okay. probably 5/10 overall, 7/10 with practice. I use Increased Duration Elder Boots to boost my Vaal Cold Snap, this helps a lot.

That said once we get the on kill effects patch update it should feel a lot better (being able to spam CS)
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jun 27, 2019, 1:05:26 PM
Hey Gryph, any update since patch on legion clearing? Wondering if it has made it better for that or not?
"
dday_0612 wrote:
Hey Gryph, any update since patch on legion clearing? Wondering if it has made it better for that or not?

It definitely feels better. Getting charges from Cold Snap makes a big difference. Still not the best thing ever, but it's much better than before.
Hello, I just wanted to say thank you for the really nice build!

I just got my first ever Uber Elder kill with it even though I still have a lot of room to grow in terms of gear.

Feels very solid and I really enjoy the playstyle!
can you update build guide/pob for the new jewels and other stuff, if possible?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info