[3.9] Divine Ire Totems Hierophant. Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder, Sirus!

"
Joni1123 wrote:
Hello! love the build! Just wondering if Wave of Conviction applies the lightning debuff either when it is selfcast or when cast from traps, since it doesnt do any damage. and i dont know how to check for it xD

Thanks <3

You see the debuff icon on top of the enemies.
Spoiler
Helm: You really don't need this trust me, but if you REALLY want to pay the premium for it I'd suggest going with the "%#Increased Damage to Divine Ire" as opposed to the other ones. I would suggest going for this ONLY after all other stats are met.

Gloves: Since we won't be hitting anything and we won't do any damage ourselves, it's largely useless for Totem builds. The exception is the "Of Light" enchantment, due to the fact it gives us consecrated ground when we curse something with our Storm Brand.

Boots: Now this enchant could possibly be worth farming for. The boot enchant literally named "Enchantment Lightning Damage 3" says if we don't deal any damage, which we can't, we gain 1-160 Lightning damage.

Why dont we take 10% pen on boots ? we always have 10% pen then, my build now have 102% lightning pen feels good (without watcher's eyes)
Last edited by quythan97 on Jun 14, 2019, 11:29:19 AM
"
kingkactuar wrote:
"
Joni1123 wrote:
Hello! love the build! Just wondering if Wave of Conviction applies the lightning debuff either when it is selfcast or when cast from traps, since it doesnt do any damage. and i dont know how to check for it xD

Thanks <3

I run the "Wave of Conviction - Curse On Hit - Conductivity - Increased Duration" i found in a comment earlier, and if i remove conductivity i cant see any marker over enemies i hit with Wave :/
Newbie Totem User here, I'm currently playing this Build of yours and it works really great I love it thank you so much for your time and effort in doing this.

I just have a couple of questions.

If I place a totem 1st before buffing, do they still receive buffs like increasing damage and cast speed? or should I recast them or buff first before placing totems? I tried googling for answers but didn't find anything that is updated with the current League, also what's the best DPS rotation?
I hope you can help me, cheers! :)
Last edited by jirockz8 on Jun 14, 2019, 1:46:17 PM
"
Joni1123 wrote:
"
kingkactuar wrote:
"
Joni1123 wrote:

Thanks <3

I run the "Wave of Conviction - Curse On Hit - Conductivity - Increased Duration" i found in a comment earlier, and if i remove conductivity i cant see any marker over enemies i hit with Wave :/

me too I just realize it right now that there should be a debuff top of enemy head from Wave of Conviction but I don't see any, only the Conductivity. I'm running same Gem Links btw Wave of Conviction - Curse On Hit - Conductivity - Increased Duration but I only see conductivity at the top of enemy head
"
jirockz8 wrote:
Newbie Totem User here, I'm currently playing this Build of yours and it works really great I love it thank you so much for your time and effort in doing this.

I just have a couple of questions.

If I place a totem 1st before buffing, do they still receive buffs like increasing damage and cast speed? or should I recast them or buff first before placing totems? I tried googling for answers but didn't find anything that is updated with the current League, also what's the best DPS rotation?
I hope you can help me, cheers! :)

As you keep placing your subsequent totems the ones already placed will then scale up with the number of totems out. You don't need to worry about continuously replacing them, unless they are dying of course.

Rotation would be as such. Set your traps down for wave of conviction, place your storm brand down for your curse. Place all of your totems down. After that pull aggro then use all of your buffs (Vaal Righteous Fire etc.) and pop your flasks. Then sit back and enjoy while the boss disappears before your eyes. My rotation for clearing maps is listed in the guide I believe. Basically, place totems down > pop flasks > flame dash out > quicksilver > repeat.

Remember we don't actually do any damage due to Ancestral Bond so you can't self cast Wave of Conviction and put its debuff on the enemy. It has to be used with a trap or another spell totem setup. I recommend traps because it makes it much less confusing.
"
quythan97 wrote:
Spoiler
Helm: You really don't need this trust me, but if you REALLY want to pay the premium for it I'd suggest going with the "%#Increased Damage to Divine Ire" as opposed to the other ones. I would suggest going for this ONLY after all other stats are met.

Gloves: Since we won't be hitting anything and we won't do any damage ourselves, it's largely useless for Totem builds. The exception is the "Of Light" enchantment, due to the fact it gives us consecrated ground when we curse something with our Storm Brand.

Boots: Now this enchant could possibly be worth farming for. The boot enchant literally named "Enchantment Lightning Damage 3" says if we don't deal any damage, which we can't, we gain 1-160 Lightning damage.

Why dont we take 10% pen on boots ? we always have 10% pen then, my build now have 102% lightning pen feels good (without watcher's eyes)

Didn't even know you could get lightning pen on boots. o.O
Wave of conviction could have something to do with Ancestral Bond so it can't deal damage but I was under the impression you could still land 'hits' with ancestral bond, and that they just did zero damage. Wave of conviction only lists a 'hit' as the conditional. Either way this was a decent starter but I moved on to something seeking more tankiness (guess I don't love totem playstyle all that much in the end with all the hiding lol) but still cheers cause it was a solid start to league.

Here's what the wiki says about ancestral bond so idk exactly but maybe go back to the trap setup if that works and self cast doesn't.

Effects that require hitting or critting can still be used directly, such as that granted by

Blind Support
or

Power Charge On Critical Support
, so long as the effect is not scaled by damage. Elemental status ailments will not be triggered by direct skills for this reason.
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
Wave of conviction could have something to do with Ancestral Bond so it can't deal damage but I was under the impression you could still land 'hits' with ancestral bond, and that they just did zero damage. Wave of conviction only lists a 'hit' as the conditional. Either way this was a decent starter but I moved on to something seeking more tankiness (guess I don't love totem playstyle all that much in the end with all the hiding lol) but still cheers cause it was a solid start to league.

Here's what the wiki says about ancestral bond so idk exactly but maybe go back to the trap setup if that works and self cast doesn't.

Effects that require hitting or critting can still be used directly, such as that granted by

Blind Support
or

Power Charge On Critical Support
, so long as the effect is not scaled by damage. Elemental status ailments will not be triggered by direct skills for this reason.

Which is why I recommended to have Wave of Conviction cast via Traps in the first place so that you get the debuff from it.

"With Ancestral Bond, the character can only deal damage to enemies by indirect means such as totems, traps and mines, or minions."

Yeah totem game play is pretty boring a clunky at times, thanks for trying out the build! Did you kill shaper/uber elder with it?
We have.... extraordinarily similar builds....

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2465264

You definitely have some rad insights of things I didn't think of!
Check out www.RavenousEternalHunger.com for PoE inspired metal!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info