The Public Stress Test Weekend was a huge success!

I loved what I experienced within the "open weekend". This game looks very good (both in terms of art style and graphics quality) and runs smoothly even on weaker machines (I only lagged a bit in encampments, opening the purchasable items list and once, doing the Sacred Hand mission, when I got swarmed by a horde of skeletons; With 2GB RAM and HD3870 graphics card it ain't bad!).
I Loved the music, especially at The Prison and the church with Sacred Hand. It made the game's atmosphere more vivid and real. I liked the innovative bits and how you guys approached innovation for a hack'n'slash type of game. You didn't want the genre remade but you managed to give it a refreshing feeling. The "currency" and whole barter system are very clever. So are the possibilities to improve one's gear through various orbs and gems.
But more clever is the skill system- diferent ways of acquiring passive and active skills, the sheer size of the passive skill tree and how one can juggle with active skill gems, how diferent active skills are not restricted to specific classes but are rather dependant on what sockets one's gear have.
This is what makes me willing to return to Path of Exile once it's released.
Oh, and it's free. GotY candidate.

Ps. If it's FtP, how are you guys going to get a cut? Seriously.
Last edited by tanaka on Apr 2, 2012, 2:46:03 PM
Had tons of fun this weekend! Hoping for key now :>
I had a bunch of fun playing with my pal during the stress test, hopefully another public stress test comes around soon! Thanks for the opportunity Grinding Gear Games.
I lost 30 hours of my life. And I wouldnt change a second of it!!

Beta me, im readyyyy
Pick me for beta!
Was looking forward to D3-
UNTIL PoE dawned it's pretty head!
What a great game you got going there Chris and your team, i personally didn't find any bugs at all with the character i played and it was fun, i do like the idea, i was wondering in the final if the pyramid is going to have a quest or not, cause it really doesn't say there is one there.

I think the gem system is brilliant and i like the fact no money is involved keep the gold farmers away.
Last edited by imdaevilpoptart on Apr 2, 2012, 2:19:32 PM
I hope the things purchasable trough those micro transactions will be permanent, and carry over to the open beta & released game aswell.
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
"
Shoep wrote:
I hope the things purchasable trough those micro transactions will be permanent, and carry over to the open beta & released game aswell.

They will.
I really enjoyed stress test weekend. This game is great.

It adds a ton of uniqueness to a standard genre. The way potions work, the lack of a monetary currency, skills that are housed in gems and level up as you use them, the totally massive passive skill tree, a return to Diablo 1's dark feel, and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. Oh yea, and it's going to be Free.

I'll still donate/purchase in game fluff items just to support the devs. In the era of Big Name developers with their evil overlord publishers, the focus has turned away from making good games, to making a ton of money. I feel obligated to support the small startup devs in their quest to bring the gaming industry back to what it used to be: making a unique game people want to play.

Kudos GGG.
I am so willing to pay for a beta key.
Glad it went well, and thanks to all the Mods that were in chat giving feed back to players

from what i could tell from Hardcore chat, people enjoyed the game a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info