The Public Stress Test Weekend was a huge success!

Me and a few friends really enjoyed this weekend. We were hard pushed to find any bugs! Keep up the good work, guys. It's looking great!
I really enjoyed playing this game.
Special problems, I discovered and played very comfortable.
He played only one class. But I liked it.
As for Diablo 3 - this game is more fun than I've seen videos of Diablo 3.
I think this game will be not less fans than the product of Blizzard.
Having played D1 and D2 since release and after far too many years clicking away and eventually having to snap the CD in half to get me to stop playing it D3 (played the beta) seemed like the only future option to addiction inducing ARPG gaming.

Damn was I wrong.

Only finding out about the open stress test from a news post on PC Gamers website and having never heard of the game before (sorry) i am so glad I clicked that little link. Upon doing a little more research about the game while it was downloading I initially thought this was a normal paid game but to then find out its Free-to-Play! Awesome!

Very impressed by the overall visual style and feel, the stable game engine (no crashes) and a mental skill system in my eyes the future looks bright for PoE... well done GGG well done indeed.

:)
Last edited by TailleD on Apr 2, 2012, 10:16:05 AM
I played on the european server at different times of the day and everything went very smoothly. No lag to speak of and only one disconnect during the time I played and there was plenty of notice to get my shit together.

I look forward to playing this more in the future (if I can score a beta key, if not, when the games goes open beta).
when can we get that store and mini transactions . i want to get back in game urgently :) . hope they announce it fast , TAKE MY MONEY :) give me the game
I feel really foolish. A friend at work has been trying to get me to try this game fow awhile now and I didnt even give it a chance. Yesterday I finally created an account and downloaded it.

Wow !!! Can't stop thinking about it

I cant wait to support this game
They definitely have a good thing here.
Many thanks for the chance to help test the game this week-end. It was a lot of fun.

I stopped at 17 at the start of Act 2, but that's already quite the achievement for me (I have children :) ) over a week-end.

I have to say I really enjoyed my time in the game. It's got a Diablo 2.5 vibe and doesn't look or sound like a free game (I hear you guys are also working on voiceovers for the main quest in the future?). It certainly delivers on quantity of loot dropped. It does, however, take some adjustment to get used to the barter system and to be very selective on what you even ID through precious Wisdom Scrolls.

I enjoyed how the passive tree / equipment coloured slots / gems trio works together. Forces you to take all 3 into consideration when deciding what to equip and which skills to progress.

I only had one group experience. So I can't quite comment on that.

Downsides might have been the completely fixed camera. A little give zooming in and out would be nice. Also, the chat system could use some more work (like multiple tabs, though the Hide Global Chat button pretty much serves that purpose, it's more cumbersome) and options to stay in a given chat mode rather than default to Local. Finally, I could never get the middle button (wheeel) of my Logitech to be recognised. So I had one less skill hotkey to play with. I'm pretty sure improvements to the first 2 are in the works. As for the third, better control mappings should be too. But I'm sure I can find a solution somewhere.

All in all, this is a lot of addictive (one more kill, one more quest, one more level, one more waypoint) gameplay for a free game.

Here is looking forward to playing it some more in the future.

Wendelius
My Girlfriend and me downloaded, played it and truely enjoyed it!
Was a duelist myself and she a witch (luckily not in real life!).

Props to this amazing game.

points that didn't I like:
- Prob like most the minimap
- Can't think of any other negative points
Last edited by Toxicbrain on Apr 2, 2012, 11:20:38 AM
Awesome weekend! Game feels really fun to play.

Only bug i really noticed is the stone crabs exploding not dropping any lewt.

Apart from that the biggest problem while playing PoE is loosing track of time and noticing it's allready 4am when it feels like u just started playing the evening before!

Amazing job done here, cheer cheer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info