The Public Stress Test Weekend was a huge success!

After 54 hours of public access, Path of Exile is now back in its Closed Beta phase. The weekend was a huge success! 46,911 people tried out the game, and the servers successfully handled peak load of 7310 players. Three minor realm stability issues were found and will be fixed this week. We ran four race events and thousands of players enjoyed playing in them. The players provided a huge amount of feedback on the game including its recent 0.9.8 patch. Thanks very much for helping us test Path of Exile - we had a great time!

We have also announced that we will be allowing microtransaction pre-purchases within the next week. All such purchases will come with a Beta key. If you enjoyed the weekend and want to keep playing, stay tuned for news about this!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Thanks for that amazing weekend!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I should say "many thanks" from the 2 guys i partied with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Thank you so much for a great weekend of fantastic fun.
Thx been a long time since i had this much fun
Thank you for this weekend it was great to finally play POE and I was kind of impressed at how much active the dev/mod/important people were, the game will be very enjoyable when it come out.
It was a blast, I was glad to play along friends that have been itching to play for so long.

Many thanks for such an amazing game!
Feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xorjt
GGG_FanBoy_101
Very enjoyable, thanks! A lot of interesting choices in the game design... I particularly like the windy and twisty "skill tree" (I've been calling it the "skill swamp") and the plethora of ways to mess with your gear. And the flask system for health and mana, and the consumable currency. Makes for an original mix!

The big decision with the bandits at the end was a nice surprise, I didn't expect a game like this to have any real choice points ;)

And happy to hear about the forthcoming beta keys... I will be looking at that very closely.

Does "microtransaction pre-purchase" mean you get a key with some items that will be usable in the release version?

Also, some folks were chatting about this just before the servers went down... any chance of the characters from this weekend being playable should we get a beta key down the road? Or are you wiping them regularly?
Last edited by Srkandi on Apr 2, 2012, 3:49:44 AM
This may be one of the best PC Games ever created.
"
Srkandi wrote:
Also, some folks were chatting about this just before the servers went down... any chance of the characters from this weekend being playable should we get a beta key down the road? Or are you wiping them regularly?
I think your characters remain while closed beta is going on. If you get a beta key, you'll be able to continue using the characters you made for the public weekend. I don't think they will do a character wipe until open beta starts, which is probably a few months away. They might migrate characters to the 'legacy' league if they make big changes though. The legacy league is pretty much a league full of players from old patches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info