(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Vadash wrote:

too many to burn ;) I tried it for a few days and it was ok
Yeah but why spend them on sub optimal options when you can clearly afford the best option.

"
fctr wrote:
should i try to get my support gems on bow to 21/23?
and please can you tell me can should i pick grace or haste aure when i get lvl 4 enlighten
Do you need more damage? Then haste. Do you need more defense? Then grace.
and what do you think about quiver with *bwo attacks fire additional arrow* is that good?
Great build cheap and effective. Got my 1st u-elder kill.
Gear used:

Total price is 7-8 ex.
2 death sadly though (me being rusty after not playing for 2 leagues)
Here's video for anyone wondering if they should play this : www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXQoE3ErIrM
Hello, first of all thanks for the guide it´s very nice.

I start this league with a Toxic Rain Trickster also but with a different tree and setup for gear and gems. I end up with more %HP, more DoT Damage, more Area Damage and more evasion than with your tree. I´m thinking on using as final setup:

-Bow with: Toxic Rain 6L.
-Chest with: Essence Drain 6L to help with Bosses.
-Boots with: Multiple Totems, Spell Totem, Wither, Faster Casting.
-Helm with: Malevolence, Blasphemy, Despair cause I´m using Impresence and maybe Vaal Clarity for tough bosses.
-Gloves with: Blink Arrow, Faster Attacks, Cast when Damage Taken, Immortal Call.

My gear need much work yet but I´m on the way. As I´m not an expert with Toxic Rain I decided to post here and see of anyone can help me (I insist I read 100% of your guide and play with it as it is and it´s very good, I just post here because I can´t find another thread about Toxic Rain and Trickster).

I test your build from level 80 to 90 and for me Frenzy and Discipline doesn´t feel good.

What are your thoughts guys? And what can you say to me i norder to improve? I know that I must aim for a much better bow BTW. Also if you check my gear, maybe you see some weird combinations of gems/gear/tree, I´m testing few things. :D

This is the PoE Planner of my Tree:

Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAPsAEiYAAHqw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNrTRyAx2grVIBuekBZhTH0HDOong5liTH0kTm7WExSLq6NYFtdZUnAKxMCU_jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCUUc31O0_MHyNfSP2TZKjiu4O73rTfvajFSAs6YazLYMZtL6nZU29Nkd-apNM_8N5hs6-tyF2puBDMdrBdO0FLXrvLlPTb5UFCIma8V1oyqkDonGhtQiPT13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_pcQIfLp5t1ns8VNj2dqmyMbWzndGKsMgGyGc96fXX-ugBeGY7tgwgutzAUCRNtJogzo9o7PLb5pHDUTIN0gaOjAAAAAAA=

Thanks in advance.
kek?
Last edited by Istvan_86 on Sep 16, 2019, 12:38:50 PM
"
Istvan_86 wrote:

I start this league with a Toxic Rain Trickster also but with a different tree and setup for gear and gems. I end up with more %HP, more DoT Damage, more Area Damage and more evasion than with your tree. I´m thinking on using as final setup:

-Helm with: Malevolence, Blasphemy, Despair cause I´m using Impresence and maybe Vaal Clarity for tough bosses.
-Gloves with: Blink Arrow, Faster Attacks, Cast when Damage Taken, Immortal Call.

My gear need much work yet but I´m on the way. As I´m not an expert with Toxic Rain I decided to post here and see of anyone can help me (I insist I read 100% of your guide and play with it as it is and it´s very good, I just post here because I can´t find another thread about Toxic Rain and Trickster).

I test your build from level 80 to 90 and for me Frenzy and Discipline doesn´t feel good.

What are your thoughts guys? And what can you say to me i norder to improve? I know that I must aim for a much better bow BTW. Also if you check my gear, maybe you see some weird combinations of gems, I´m testing few things. :D

Thanks in advance.
I'm testing replacing Frenzy for a 5L Bane / Despair, it's working very well so far.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Istvan_86 wrote:

What are your thoughts guys? And what can you say to me i norder to improve? I know that I must aim for a much better bow BTW. Also if you check my gear, maybe you see some weird combinations of gems/gear/tree, I´m testing few things. :D
Personally I don't think Drillneck adds much to this build, I think the cheap options are yellow quiver with lots of life / resists to open other slots for more mods, I also used Hyrri's non-upgraded version early on just to get enough str / int and attack speed + increased aoe are decent stats.

Discipline makes sense when you play with "damage on full life support" the more ES you have the less chance you'll actually be damaged to your life pool, but if you don't play with it, then you can use other options, either offensive or defensive to your liking. You can also use bloodrage for frenzy charges, as you don't have to worry that it will disable being on full life. It won't help for bosses, but tbh juggling frenzy between toxic rains is a bit annoying if you can't automate it.

It's perfectly viable to play without any frenzy charges altogether, but obviously you're leaving some damage out.

Personally I'm lazy so I linked despair with rain of arrows on my maloney's so I can blanket the area with the curse and don't have to worry about manually targetting the correct mob with frenzy.

About your spec, looks okay to me, I would probably just skip trickery as the crit is wasted and go for heavy draw instead since you already pathed there to deadly draw, heavy draw has 12% increased aoe and this spec loves increases to aoe size.

Also I see dying sun is again expensive this league. :( As it was in synthesis. I was lucky I played toxic rain in legion where dying sun was 30c when I bought it.

1 thing I'm wondering about is have you tried withering step for the occassions you wouldn't bother dropping a totem. If you only use blink arrow and no dash / blink shared cd skills, then you could experiment with it.
"
fctr wrote:
and what do you think about quiver with *bwo attacks fire additional arrow* is that good?
It's not awful, however, with the random drop location of the arrows, more of them doesn't mean more overlapping pod DOT. I might pick one up eventually ... except that by the time I'm min / maxxed on everything else, chances are I'll buy a Maloneys so I can be lazy.
"
fctr wrote:
should i try to get my support gems on bow to 21/23?
and please can you tell me can should i pick grace or haste aure when i get lvl 4 enlighten
If you're trying to min/max the character, sure. However, it's not going to make a large difference, and 20/20 gems can handle all the content that 21/23 gems can.

Honestly, the only thing I don't think we can accomplish is Hall of the Grandmasters, solely due to the guys with Chaos Inoculation.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Istvan_86 wrote:

What are your thoughts guys? And what can you say to me i norder to improve? I know that I must aim for a much better bow BTW. Also if you check my gear, maybe you see some weird combinations of gems, I´m testing few things. :D

Thanks in advance.
I'm testing replacing Frenzy for a 5L Bane / Despair, it's working very well so far.

Do you generate frenzy charges ?
"
Viktranka wrote:
Personally I don't think Drillneck adds much to this build, I think the cheap options are yellow quiver with lots of life / resists to open other slots for more mods, I also used Hyrri's non-upgraded version early on just to get enough str / int and attack speed + increased aoe are decent stats.

Totally agree with Drillneck thing, I´m trying to get a decent rare.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Discipline makes sense when you play with "damage on full life support" the more ES you have the less chance you'll actually be damaged to your life pool, but if you don't play with it, then you can use other options, either offensive or defensive to your liking. You can also use bloodrage for frenzy charges, as you don't have to worry that it will disable being on full life. It won't help for bosses, but tbh juggling frenzy between toxic rains is a bit annoying if you can't automate it.

It's perfectly viable to play without any frenzy charges altogether, but obviously you're leaving some damage out.

Currently with my personal tree I have 5259 HP + 1043 ES without discipline, it´s not a lot ES but it´s being enough for me atm. I´m taking Vaal Clarity for mane regen + Vaal active in bosses.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Personally I'm lazy so I linked despair with rain of arrows on my maloney's so I can blanket the area with the curse and don't have to worry about manually targetting the correct mob with frenzy.

Maloney is my last purchase (prob i don´t get it and use that currency in other character)

"
Viktranka wrote:
About your spec, looks okay to me, I would probably just skip trickery as the crit is wasted and go for heavy draw instead since you already pathed there to deadly draw, heavy draw has 12% increased aoe and this spec loves increases to aoe size.

I always go with Heavy Draw and never go with Trickery but I take Trickery to test something, I advise that currently I´m testign stuff with gems/tree/gear. I post a link to poe planner with the propper tree, but really thanks for the advice, good point. :D :D :D

"
Viktranka wrote:
Also I see dying sun is again expensive this league. :( As it was in synthesis. I was lucky I played toxic rain in legion where dying sun was 30c when I bought it.

Dying is my next upgrade, I´m making currency to buy a good one, after that I go for a nice bow.

"
Viktranka wrote:
1 thing I'm wondering about is have you tried withering step for the occassions you wouldn't bother dropping a totem. If you only use blink arrow and no dash / blink shared cd skills, then you could experiment with it.
I look at it in the next days.

Thanks fo all your responses.
kek?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info