(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

Hello everyone, I've enjoyed the build quite a lot! Broke the leveling wall (which I bumped into with Enki's Arc Witch at 93), now at 95 and getting higher seems to be no problem. Got to 34 challenges, but now I'm stuck at endgame content. Completed Shaper, Elder, The Simulacrum, Sirus A9, 4 of Uncharted Realms invitations, Delve's Aul depth 257 from maybe 40th attempt; but failed Oshabi (I can't even scratch her before she fills entire arena with degen), The Feared (too much happening on screen) and Maven (got to the last phase 3 times!). Seeking some advice what to do next: https://pastebin.com/DJKpaza8
I am having difficulty trying to do the burtok challenge. I have a puncture with culling support in alt slot. I get him down below 10% and switch to puncture wait for boil and kill him but it does not work???
"
I am having difficulty trying to do the burtok challenge. I have a puncture with culling support in alt slot. I get him down below 10% and switch to puncture wait for boil and kill him but it does not work???

What worked for me was adding Chance to Bleed Support to the main Toxic Rain setup. Puncture with culling strike did not want to work, but CtB worked from the first time.
"

I had trouble with this one as well, took me quite a few tries. I got him down to maybe 20% health with TR, then used a weapon swap with Puncture and increased duration (plus the build has a ton of +duration) so that he was bleeding for literally like 30 seconds, and then just wait for him to hit me with the bone prison because he casts the skill that causes bone roil immediately after. I'm pretty squishy so bone roil nukes me in about 2 seconds so I really had to anticipate it and spam TR so he would die before I did.
"
Yogghy wrote:
Seeking some advice what to do next: https://pastebin.com/DJKpaza8
You should defo upgrade your rare jewels, you have 1 empty slot in that pob except that many other rare jewels have only 1-2 useful stats you should aim at least 3, if you don't have watcher's eye and can't afford the dot multi one get immune to bleed, that's better than corrupted blood jewel you have because watcher's eye is also 6% life 6% es on top of it.

Also you could have made a better bow, no attack speed and dot multi suffix is a low roll too, at least get t1 in one or the other. If you're rich, you can buy a +1 support gem synthesized thicket base but last I checked they're fairly expensive and not many good bases left on the market this late.

Quiver is fairly poor too, I bought recently higher life and higher chaos multi than yours for ~1.5ex? And you don't even need specific base if you use pure TR no CA.

Gloves you could get ones with higher life and chaos multi and just bench craft attack speed and they would be better, you can probably find ones for ~1ex. Expensive version is hunter + warlord glove with inc dot + chaos dot multi but these are ~20ex+ on the market atm.

Amulet is really weak, you should have gotten +1 dex +1 chaos gem amulet asap it boosts damage a lot. It's gonna be much harder when harvest is nerfed, but atm you should be able to buy or craft one for 5-10ex and it's probably the biggest upgrade overall.

Belt you can get hunter influenced for either %life or inc chaos damage too.

Life flask should be crafted to be instant, especially on this life pool you don't have time to wait for slow regen.

2 of your gems on TR can be swapped to awakened supports.

Spell totem and multi totem should be flipped for quality = faster placement speed = less time putting totems more time shooting.

Steelskin I'd put on left click and / or self cast, cwdt will barely proc if it needs 3,2k damage to proc, or swap to lower level cwdt + lower level immortal call to get rid of obnoxiously high str requirements you have atm.

Also if you can shift resists around, getting despair on hit ring is useful because time spent casting despair is again time taken away from shooting TR.

Another thing you can try (some like it some hate it) is withering step instead of dash, it's slower movement but helps to ramp wither faster on mobs.

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Yogghy wrote:
Seeking some advice what to do next: https://pastebin.com/DJKpaza8
You should ...

Thank you for the very detailed review, you are awesome! I will heed to this guideline within my budget :)

I already got an upgrade to amulet and anti-bleeding watcher's eye and will work on jewels.

Now to explain some of my choices and missteps:
Spoiler

Bow was self-crafted, I just stopped after spending 2/3 of my alts, hence the low DoT multi. Upgrades are 12-infinity ex on the market.

Str requirements on Steelskin are really hurting me right now. As well as 155 int on Wither :( So a large part of my current gear has +stats.

Biggest LOL: I never realized that after swapping some gear around I have 154 str and can't use steelskin at all which needs 155! ahahahaha

Resistances are not super easy to get with a few slots locked with uniques. Chaos resistance is even harder to get.

Wither totem needs 32 mana to cast and I have only 31 left with Malevolence + Discipline + Blood-And-Sand :) but after getting hit, mana reqs decrease and I can actually cast it. I think Enlighten 4 should solve this, or any +mana somewhere.

Regarding movement skills: I am using dash all the time, withering step is linked with it in the boots. Blink arrow is the third movement skill and a source of culling strike; not using it that often.

Despair vs Despair on Hit. I have a 5-button mouse, despair is bound to one of the thumb buttons, so can really be cast together with TR with a rather low strain on my hand. Will think about DoH, during intense fights any extra click counts.

Again, thanks for your work, you are awesome!
"
Yogghy wrote:

Bow was self-crafted, I just stopped after spending 2/3 of my alts, hence the low DoT multi.
Yeah alts are a bit pricey this season but still if I'd sink 6ex+ into crafting the thing I'd sink 1-2ex extra of alts (be sure you have correct ilvl of bow, needs to be 82+).

"
Yogghy wrote:
Resistances are not super easy to get with a few slots locked with uniques.
You don't need to use Qotf, you can use any rare chest or even carcass jack. But if you want something more defensive, crafting a good chest is a way to go, you can get one with dodge or 10% of life as extra ES.

Vertex is a budget helmet especially mid to late league, has good ES, chaos res and +1 to gems giving +1 to enlighten / auras. But again you can use a rare, hunter lvl 85+ hubris circlet is best for -9 chaos res (or -12 with maven orb, but that's v. expensive).

Even Atziri's step can be replaced with rare boots with redeemer's dodge, some people even go for tailwind extra but then you need some crit & accuracy to actually proc it. Atziri's step are just very cheap for what they provide, crafting a rare that beats them is very expensive too.

So yeah it's not that you "have" to use uniques and tbh you can fit some extra resists / int / str on cluster jewel suffix too.
"
Yogghy wrote:
"

What worked for me was adding Chance to Bleed Support to the main Toxic Rain setup. Puncture with culling strike did not want to work, but CtB worked from the first time.

Thank you this worked the first time I tried it.
Last edited by XReignInBloodX on Mar 23, 2021, 4:18:23 PM
A whole day of optimization, trading and a pretty serious investment in DPS (15ex bow - 35 dot multi 40 cdot multi +3 18 speed (very lucky to get one, the rest on the market are 25 ex), 9ex amulet +1 chaos +1 dex 16 cdot multi, str + speed + cdot multi gloves, probably 15ex for the rest of the stuff) changed the character from a nice to play to an absolute killer! Sirus A9 melted down like an ice cream on a sunny day, Maven changed from a horror to a miniboss, The Feared are no longer feared! 36 challenges - GET! Plus, the drops covered quite a bit of the investment. Some more minmaxing is possible, but it feels sooo goood to be able to do all the content now!

Viktranka - thank you one more time!
Sad Skill Tree, Toxic Rain is about skill duration+ attack speed, not only Attack speed. And Sad caustic Arrow dmg, not even 1.5-1.7m... It possible to get 20-30mm toxic rain dps and even more. This build cant reach even 20m...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info