(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
KefCry wrote:
Hi,

In first time thank for your guide, is very helpful and pleasant build to play.

Now, i have tried my first Sirius and he killed me for my 6 try.
I'm approaching of my next opportunity to fight it.
But certain boss or monster pack in T15/T16 map succed to one shot me.
I want to know what gear (or skill?) can give me a good boost in defense.

Here is a link to my build: https://pastebin.com/Ga7vKfF4

If anyone can help me, it would really help me.

Looking at your POB seems like you are not using flesh and stone aura(sand stance), it gives a nice defensive boost. This will be the most significant upgrade for you.
Also this late in the league you should have no problem buying(or crafting) your items with t1 life on them. Many of your items have bad life rolls and it all adds up. Don't forget about the jewels, one of your regular jewels was missing % life mod. Also you need a % life mod on your belt(hunter influence mod).
"
Looking at your POB seems like you are not using flesh and stone aura(sand stance), it gives a nice defensive boost. This will be the most significant upgrade for you.
Also this late in the league you should have no problem buying(or crafting) your items with t1 life on them. Many of your items have bad life rolls and it all adds up. Don't forget about the jewels, one of your regular jewels was missing % life mod. Also you need a % life mod on your belt(hunter influence mod).

Thank you for your return, I understand what i need in my build.
I watched your stuff to inspire me, but that kind of stuff (two-toned boots, belt) are very expensive for now.

I use the flesh and stone aura in the wrong way, blood stance, thank for tips.
Coming from the ED Trickster I had to fiddle a little to make it work with my gear. The result feels very nice and a little different so I decided to share it:

https://pastebin.com/5bANx8rP

Right now I am a little stuck on what to upgrade next.
The bow is not perfect but I just made it with the ED so I don't want to start here. The Null and Void are personel taste and are set. :)

Thanks for your feedback and further advice!

PS: This is my first time reaching endgame, I never saw Sirius before ...
"
lain77 wrote:
Coming from the ED Trickster I had to fiddle a little to make it work with my gear. The result feels very nice and a little different so I decided to share it:

https://pastebin.com/5bANx8rP

Right now I am a little stuck on what to upgrade next.
The bow is not perfect but I just made it with the ED so I don't want to start here. The Null and Void are personel taste and are set. :)

Thanks for your feedback and further advice!

PS: This is my first time reaching endgame, I never saw Sirius before ...

Your two priorities definitely should be a new bow and a new amulet. For toxic rain you need a faster bow, thicket bow for base and an attack speed roll on it.
+1 all chaos and +1 all dexterity gems will be a huge damage boost for you on your amulet.
Also it is nice to have curse on hit with despair on one of your rings.
Last edited by Siriussss on Mar 17, 2021, 4:15:03 AM
Can i use quill rain as a first bow?
"
netoodaking wrote:
Can i use quill rain as a first bow?

Yep. Quill Rain is brilliant. The best and cheapest bow that will have no issues taking you up to red maps.
First off I appreciate the guide. Just looking for a little advice on prioritizing upgrades from the point I'm at now with him. Thinking my next upgrade is to save for Cinderswallow. I have just over one ex atm for something.
"
Jeggerz wrote:
First off I appreciate the guide. Just looking for a little advice on prioritizing upgrades from the point I'm at now with him. Thinking my next upgrade is to save for Cinderswallow. I have just over one ex atm for something.

Why would you want Cinderswallow? And most of your gear is pretty bad at the moment.

1. Both your rings are terrible. Buy rings with good life rolls and high resistance. You can then bench craft -mana cost. These rings (T1 Life, 90%+ res and open/crafted prefix cost about 10c each).

2. Not a very good amulet. The life and resistance rolls are okay. Chaos damage is very weak, and certainly not worth losing a good anoint, which are all cheap and provide much greater DPS. You also need stats from your amulet for Empower (96 STR) and Wither (155 INT). Just buy a rare amulet with good life and resistance rolls and anoint it. Alternatively, buy one with +1 chaos skill gems with a decent life roll and empty prefix to craft -mana cost. If it has useful suffixes, great. If not, you can reforge keep prefixes whenever that pops up.

3. Better off using thread of hope to pick up potency of will and the 2 skill effect duration nodes.

4. Empower level 1 with that bow is useless. Use efficacy or buy a level 3 corrupted Empower, which is very cheap.

5. You should also be crafting your bow using fossils to get +1 socketed gems +2 socketed bow gems, then you can craft chaos dot multi. Total cost for this option is about 40c. If you have a bigger budget (7ex), you can do the proper craft which has been explained several times in this thread already.

6. You should be using summon skitterbots or flesh and stone.

7. You should be using an enduring mana flask.

8. Use faster casting and multiple totem support with Wither. At this point I am just stating what is already in the guide. You want to hit max wither stacks against bosses as quickly as possible, especially for end game encounters because it increases your DPS by so much. It takes me 0.71 seconds to get max wither stacks. It takes you 1.9 seconds.

9. You should think about getting cluster jewels soon.
Last edited by BrettLee on Mar 19, 2021, 12:23:15 AM
Awesome I appreciate the feedback!
TLDR: 100% increased AOE offensive version, 13-16mil Sirus DPS, approx cost 160ex.

I ditched this build a few weeks back and did a few others, ultimately circled back because I missed being able to pick off Harby packs from offscreen and I also wanted to max the build offensively and see what kind of output I could pull off.

Final result (gear below): Just over 6k eHP, 4.5k life + 1.6k ES (plus Steelskin to help with oneshots), 90/66 chance to not get hit by attacks/spells. Despite having "low" life pool relative to the build guide, I only died 5 times since coming back to this build (all 5 deaths while doing The Feared). Part of it is definitely me playing it safe because I know I have less room for error with lower eHP.

Sirus DPS currently around 13mil with 4 overlapping pods, 16.3mil with 5 overlapping pods. With a max AOE roll Carcass Jack, 23% Toxic Rain, and well rolled Dying Sun, I hit 100% increased AOE, and testing in PvP I could consistently overlap 5 pods with flasks, 4 without flasks.

Mapping skill was Caustic Arrow, far less damage here (2M Sirus DPS) but enough that if I felt lazy and ran into Syndicate members or bosses I could just shoot and run around for 3-4sec while they slowly melted away.

With this offensively built version, I hit lvl 98 (previous best 97) for the first time ever in almost 2000hrs of playing and also reached 36 challenges (previous best 24). Farming A9 Sirus is a cakewalk, Maven too. Did the Feared on my first try ever (alch'd with increased AOE and damage) as well, but had to use all portals because Maven duplicated Shaper and Chayula at the same time, nothing like being inside Elder's ring of death and being hit by two shaper beams and also seeing a spinning purple ball of death come towards you.

Before league ends, I'll be trying to minmax even further by pushing my attack speed with jewels. I think I can get another 12%-15% attack speed on top of my current 5.3 TR APS (flasks + vaal haste), which is just more pods deployed and even more damage.

Gear:

When mapping I switch to:

Jewels are all T1 %life, attack speed with bows, and two resists. Watcher's eye is +DOT multi, pretty standard stuff.

Should be noted I did not craft any of this by myself, I just bought it all because I was lazy af. I'm new to crafting (started this league) and I do currently have a project bow I'm working on, but I'd rather not embarrass myself by showing you guys lol.
Last edited by RicePaddyDaddy on Mar 22, 2021, 4:17:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info