(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
NotYourName wrote:
How much does the wicked pall nerf hurt?

on a target that never moves (unlikely), 6-10% depending on how many you were using.
RIP

Sadge

//edit: Time to go TR mines.
Last edited by daxtep on Apr 15, 2021, 12:33:39 PM
I don't think TR is dead by any means, though the nerfs will hurt it' min-maxed potential by a noticeable amount. I think if you're still intent on playing it, going raider may be the play. Lots of frenzy, lots of aps and that'll help offset the nerfs a bit.

It's still going to be an awesome skill to level through the acts with and getting started with you're early mapping and currency generation through white & yellow maps. Then it's really not hard at all to transition into a different skill if necessary later on. I've league started Toxic Rain the past 2 leagues I've played and thoroughly enjoyed how easy it is to go from level 1 to red maps with zero pain whatsoever.

I'm really not sure I agree with some of the nerfs. I don't think the AOE change was necessary. Most people played TR as a league starter anyway until they could transition to something else. On PoENinja you would see a huge percentage of people playing TR early on, then as the league progressed that number came down markedly. I think stuff like the cluster nerfs which affect us via wicked pall(and others) and the reduced slow effect that TR provides would've been enough on it's own. You still had to invest quite a bit of currency into the build if you wanted to turn the build into a very capable bosser. You could get to 2m shaper dps rather easily but bossing with that damage is pretty slow and tedious. It's not until you get upwards of like 8-10m shaper dps where it starts to feel really good. I don't know, don't think the nerf was necessar whereas stuff like the self-curse meta and aura stacking stuff were rightfully nerfed.
Last edited by KFieLdGaming on Apr 16, 2021, 1:50:16 AM
"
KFieLdGaming wrote:
I don't think TR is dead by any means, though the nerfs will hurt it' min-maxed potential by a noticeable amount. I think if you're still intent on playing it, going raider may be the play. Lots of frenzy, lots of aps and that'll help offset the nerfs a bit.

It's still going to be an awesome skill to level through the acts with and getting started with you're early mapping and currency generation through white & yellow maps. Then it's really not hard at all to transition into a different skill if necessary later on. I've league started Toxic Rain the past 2 leagues I've played and thoroughly enjoyed how easy it is to go from level 1 to red maps with zero pain whatsoever.

I'm really not sure I agree with some of the nerfs. I don't think the AOE change was necessary. Most people played TR as a league starter anyway until they could transition to something else. On PoENinja you would see a huge percentage of people playing TR early on, then as the league progressed that number came down markedly. I think stuff like the cluster nerfs which affect us via wicked pall(and others) and the reduced slow effect that TR provides would've been enough on it's own. You still had to invest quite a bit of currency into the build if you wanted to turn the build into a very capable bosser. You could get to 2m shaper dps rather easily but bossing with that damage is pretty slow and tedious. It's not until you get upwards of like 8-10m shaper dps where it starts to feel really good. I don't know, don't think the nerf was necessar whereas stuff like the self-curse meta and aura stacking stuff were rightfully nerfed.

I messed around with raider last league and I liked it a lot. I'll be checking the AoE on standard when the patch goes live, and if I like it, I might end up playing TR Raider for my league start.
Yeah so uh, Anomalous Conc Effect seems to be a dps increase now. Build is better than it was pre-patch; thanks GGG.
I don't see the anomalous concentrated effect in PoB - which support would be preferable to swap?
"
sp0q wrote:
I don't see the anomalous concentrated effect in PoB - which support would be preferable to swap?

I think the PoB just hasnt been updated, Anomolous Conc Effect is pretty nutty... Its also a tad over 1ex lol

I swapped from my homebrew exsanguinate trickster to this TR build. So far I get a giant kick out of the fact my tooltip damage only shows 596dps!(since it doesnt calculate DoT damage very well) but I am running high tier yellow and low tier red maps with no issues, including the Ultimatums.
Should I run a level 3 Empower over conc effect? Or is there reason to run both anomolus conc and Empower 3/4

Also I want to point out we have a new item to possibly use, the Apothecary's Gloves with chaos damage implicit, I assume this effects the pod damage
Last edited by Ragnarisxx on Apr 23, 2021, 10:06:03 AM
Now that we can't run flesh and stone any more what's the alternative?

"
Ragnarisxx wrote:
Should I run a level 3 Empower over conc effect? Or is there reason to run both anomolus conc and Empower 3/4

Also I want to point out we have a new item to possibly use, the Apothecary's Gloves with chaos damage implicit, I assume this effects the pod damage

Also Iolite ring.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Apr 23, 2021, 11:46:09 AM
"
Now that we can't run flesh and stone any more what's the alternative?
You can try aspect of the spider.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info