(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
brytan06 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Its my 4th League and here is my Character, Please give me a feedback on how to improve it further. I have 75% chaos resist as well. If i opt to decrease it even if i am wearing the Headhunter,I can craft Attackspeed on quiver.I can also craft Increase damage % on amulet prefix if opt not to have infinite Toxic Rain Spam.

https://pastebin.com/Rv17i4B0

ToolTip says i have: 169k DPS on chaos damage per second
PoB says i have : 15.6 M DoT DPS

Life : 6,296
ES : 2,324
evasion : 7,853 ( no flask)

1)Maybe Body Armour but Carcass Jack gives the most DPS as i am looking to boost my DPS now that im level 100
2) Better Cluster Jewel?
3) Better Quiver?
4)Better Amulet with Male?
5) Better Helmet with +2 aura gems and 5% mana Reservation?
6) Better Chest? if i go with Amulet and Helmet cuz i need the resistances

Corrupted Blood on the Tread of Hope was lucky :))

Further Updates to Gear:

Hi Guys,

For people who wanna play this on standard, im selling my build, I think its one of the best TR Trickster out there and optimized with Headhunter gameplay which means if you take out my Belt and replace with Headhunter then you will still be resistance capped.

Here is the PoB:

Hit me a message on discord @Btrain @TFT or

IGN:Btrainned ( but really playing anymore)

or you message me here in the poe website

Selling cuz i dont play standard and maybe this will have a new home,
cya next league
Last edited by brytan06 on Sep 9, 2020, 4:16:36 AM
Hi !

Can you make a League starter section for the next league ?

Did Quill Rain is good for LS ? Or a low crafted bow will be better ?
Same for carcass jack ?

"
Erecia wrote:
Hi !

Can you make a League starter section for the next league ?

Did Quill Rain is good for LS ? Or a low crafted bow will be better ?
Same for carcass jack ?

Hi!
Do you think that this build is League starter friendly?
Heist will be my 3rd league and i've played 2 melee characters in the last ones, so I would try to change play style for my next league starter :D
wondering if I can ask a quick question please?

for levelling, would I have 2 set up's, one for rain and the other for caustic? (so needing 2 x mirage archer etc?) or can I have both attacks on the same link?

I have a 4-link green bow currently, and I just got to a high enough level to switch from caustic to toxic rain.

I mainly ask as I am using skill skins, and if I use 2 x mirage archer, I will only have one with the skill on it think. how does it work with having the same gem on 2 links, will I have 2 mirage archers up, if I use both skills together?

It's been a while since I played TBH, so I'm a little hazy on how it all works.

EDIT: for now I just have both rain and caustic on the same link, with both mirage archer and void manipulation.

I know it has nothing to do with the build really, but I must say it looks beautiful with the lotus skill on rain, and the void skill on caustic.

I'm really impressed by the new effects in this game. You can really make a character/build look god-like. and TBH it;s already performing at godlike ability at low level. I do have some legendaries though that are probs helping me. an early 4 link as well is pretty nice.

thanks for psting build dude. you helped me improve my build loads.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Sep 13, 2020, 2:32:45 PM
@Umbral_Spectre

You can't have 2 mirage archers up, they cancel each other afaik.
I'd link mirage with toxic rain because his casts stack with your casts. Caustic arrow doesn't stack so I wouldn't link it with mirage, if you want bigger coverage of CA you can try arrow nova (if you have enough damage the penalty from arrow nova isn't visibly slowing down kill time).
"
Viktranka wrote:
@Umbral_Spectre

You can't have 2 mirage archers up, they cancel each other afaik.
I'd link mirage with toxic rain because his casts stack with your casts. Caustic arrow doesn't stack so I wouldn't link it with mirage, if you want bigger coverage of CA you can try arrow nova (if you have enough damage the penalty from arrow nova isn't visibly slowing down kill time).

thank you. I have them both n the same link currently due to restrictions. but I'll put caustic on a dedicated link once I'm able.

I was also wondering about levelling gems. I have levelled up caustic to 5 (I think it's 6 with gear) but I still have rain on level one.

Basically the way I'm doing it is if it;s killing stuff, I'm not gonna bother upgrading, as I don't want to be using too much mana. I think if it seems my damage is lacking,I can level up my gems a bit.

you think this is a good way to go about it, please?

I just don't want to overlevel a gem and end up with mana issues.

honestly rain is doing sweet damage as it is, but maybe I could level it a few levels just for more damage? this is an area I really could use some guidance in, as far as I know you can't roll back a gem as well, right?
"

honestly rain is doing sweet damage as it is, but maybe I could level it a few levels just for more damage? this is an area I really could use some guidance in, as far as I know you can't roll back a gem as well, right?
You can downgrade a gem, as long as it's not a vaal gem. You can sell the gem with 1 orb of scouring and it should delevel it -1. If I remember correctly you can also reset it to rank 1 by selling it together with orb of regret.

However for your main skills you should always aim to level the gem to max. For toxic rain / caustic arrow it's even recommended to buy a lvl 20 / lvl 21 asap when you lvl your character to 70+ and can equip it.

The only gems you keep at low lvl is gems for cwdt (cast when damage taken) setups if you want them to proc from lower damage taken (more often) and gems you can't meet stat requirements for (for example if you lack int you can keep wither and despair at lower level).

If you have mana problems you should use mana flask with "enduring" prefix (alt spam for one on a high lvl mana flask) and later on craft -mana cost to non-channeling skills on ring and amulet (unveiled from Elreon in Syndicate, you can also buy items with "elreon's veiled" mod if you don't wanna farm him yourself, or ask someone else who has the craft to make them on your jewellery).

I didn't have mana problems while levelling when I was on a 4-link it only starts being a problem once you get a 5-link or a 6-link, by that point you should be able to afford a mana flask. Or if you level a secondary character and have currency to buy levelling gear like tabula, you should also buy thief's torment ring or double praxis rings with -8 mana cost of skills.
Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 13, 2020, 3:41:14 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"

You can downgrade a gem, as long as it's not a vaal gem. You can sell the gem with 1 orb of scouring and it should delevel it -1. If I remember correctly you can also reset it to rank 1 by selling it together with orb of regret.

However for your main skills you should always aim to level the gem to max. For toxic rain / caustic arrow it's even recommended to buy a lvl 20 / lvl 21 asap when you lvl your character to 70+ and can equip it.

The only gems you keep at low lvl is gems for cwdt (cast when damage taken) setups if you want them to proc from lower damage taken (more often) and gems you can't meet stat requirements for (for example if you lack int you can keep wither and despair at lower level).

If you have mana problems you should use mana flask with "enduring" prefix (alt spam for one on a high lvl mana flask) and later on craft -mana cost to non-channeling skills on ring and amulet (unveiled from Elreon in Syndicate, you can also buy items with "elreon's veiled" mod if you don't wanna farm him yourself, or ask someone else who has the craft to make them on your jewellery).

I didn't have mana problems while levelling when I was on a 4-link it only starts being a problem once you get a 5-link or a 6-link, by that point you should be able to afford a mana flask. Or if you level a secondary character and have currency to buy levelling gear like tabula, you should also buy thief's torment ring or double praxis rings with -8 mana cost of skills.

I don't have mana "problems" just I had it so I wasn't even using any, and then I noticed it start to go down when I went up another level.

thing is I'm only levelling now, and my damage is destroying everything, so I just haven't levelled up the gems any more.

if I halt it at a level, will it not progress any more then? maybe I should start levelling them up then.

I just don't wanna put myself in a bad place by levelling up the gems early on, and then have to buy more gems.

EDIT: I levelled them there, and t didn't really make a difference. thanks (to mana drain I mean) I'll make sure to keep them levelled now.

I just remember when I used to play, there were sme gems that you were supposed to leave at low levels. but you think they're just CWDT?
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Sep 13, 2020, 4:12:52 PM
Yes, if you lock a gem to specific level if will stop taking xp so it's kinda a waste.

Most "mana drain" happens from adding extra links because each support has a mana cost multiplier usually between 1.1 and 1.4 so with 5 supports it goes up visibly (they also add to damage so later on you want to get 5link/6link).

Keeping gems at low lvl is indeed usually for CWDT, or sometimes because you don't have enough str / int for a secondary utility skill (let's say you don't have enough int for max lvl of wither or enough str for max lvl of flesh&stone you can keep them at lower lvl).

It's less important for skills that don't do damage (for example flame dash) but for your main skill it's a big downside to not be able to level it. You might not see it when you're early in the campaign but you will notice it later when you get to maps.
Thanks. I have started levelling them again now as well.

I'm looking forward to trying some different stuff next league though. archer/ranged builds are my comfort zones.

I have all the skins and stuff for a fire and an electric build, or at least they'll look that way, I might end up going a different way with damage.

but I got the revenant sword to go with the revenant armour, and then this massive word looking sword (well it can be used with any sword I think) that I will put a fire effect on to go with the pyre armour.

so two dudes with swords, thats different for me. I think most characters are going to play ranged to an extent though?

I like to be able to make thematic builds though, and if the character can look like he would be doing the right type of damage and stuff, then that's great.

Looking forward to doing a sort of paladin as well with those eagle looking wings and one of the gold or yellow and black sets. some nice ones to choose from.

so many options now. it's nice to be able to support a great game and get some serious S+ tier cosmetics, too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info