(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Devensky000 wrote:
Hey guys, quick question:

How does "Bow attacks fire # additional arrows" affects this build?
How does it work?

Does it dramatically increase the overall DPS?

Should i invest on AS instead?
Attack speed is always good to have.

Additional arrows increase the coverage of toxic rain increasing clear speed but they aren't "forced" to fall in the middle and overlap with the rest, they're mostly put on the outside "circle" of the TR area so you need a lot of inc aoe to squeeze extra overlap.

I'm gonna steal the explanation from another guide cuz the guy tested it so I feel he knows what he's saying:
Spoiler
Additional Projectiles and Area of Effect deserve specific explanation. The pods themselves will land at a relatively fixed distance from each other no matter what. When you add additional projectiles, it will actually widen the total area in which the pods can land so as to maintain the pod-to-pod spacing. Increasing the area of effect will increase the size of each individual pod. That means, somewhat counterintuitively, additional projectiles help your clear, but not your single target. Increasing area of effect allows more pods to overlap with each other, helping your clear a bit, but dramatically improving single target.

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851190
Video of test: https://youtu.be/KviL9PwKX4M
Credit to Rlauren for this.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
brytan06 wrote:
Can you check my PoB , Tell what do i need to upgrade

https://pastebin.com/NRCr1dRQ
>.>
You have 40/40 challenges are you asking a question or just showing off? xD

Anyway you forgot to put any abyss jewel in the belt in that pastebin or it didn't copy, I imagine you got some lightning resist on it because atm lightning resist isn't capped.

Not sure why did you go for crit boot enchant, I think there are some better ones like attack speed. And there are the new belt enchants from the "uber uber lab" best one is "enemies withered have -6 all resist" that includes chaos and works with wither totem from what I know. You can also "divine" chaos (i.e. randomize value with harvest) on the belt to get full +30% chaos damage.

Also on one of the rings you have smaller -mana cost craft than the max rank, unless you don't see any benefit from reducing mana cost further.

If you're not going for ailment immunity the craft on helmet I think isn't justified alone, you could just put chaos resist there to be on the positive chaos res side.

You could also skip 1 small point on each of your medium clusters and 1 small life point behind revenge of the hunted and get another medium cluster set up where gale bloom is.

You have +1 frenzy charge on glove but how do you get the frenzy charges?

Also is that a mistake you picked Fatal Toxins instead of Hunter's Gambit?

P.S. I still have this feeling you were just showing off the gear you have. Some of the items like quiver are truly polished to perfection. You can probably mirror service them in standard after harvest gets nuked.

New Paste Bin: https://pastebin.com/8KyBB8jk

cuz i want more comments , thanks for taking the time to tell me the wrong stuffs, on helm suffix what is better? aside from chaos resist and i know i can get Styg Vise Chaos resist but nah , i always use HH
Last edited by brytan06 on Aug 26, 2020, 4:54:09 AM
Hey guys, just looking for some input on what to focus on currently? Like if i were to get one upgrade, what should it be?
Specifically looking for more single target damage with toxic rain, clear is fine but bosses takes a bit longer than i'd like.
Tried a T14 Blighted map but it took ages to try and kill a boss so i just swapped to my cycloner for that, any tips is appreciated.

Last edited by Wiizper on Aug 26, 2020, 12:51:55 PM
How does additional arrows on quiver fare vs dot/attack speed? Anyone tested this?
Last edited by destroyermaker on Aug 28, 2020, 10:37:36 AM
Hi guys!! for league starte what is better? Trickster or pathfinder?
"
mpo001 wrote:
Hi guys!! for league starte what is better? Trickster or pathfinder?
Whichever you like more.

You're asking in trickster thread, so people will say trickster. If you go to neighbouring pathfinder TR guide, people will tell you pathfinder.

Just read what each ascendancy gives you and pick what you find more useful. The biggest difference is how do you structure end game defenses. Tricksters will often opt into scaling both life and energy shield and using Glorious Vanity w/ Doryani (Corrupted Soul). Pathfinders will go pure life with Divine Flesh (Glorious Vanity w/ Xibaqua) and Hardened Scars (fortify w/ hybrid flask). Tricksters offer stun immunity, pathfinders offer better flask uptime.
Sorry if this was already talked here, but i've seen some ppl goin CI and using dmg on full life gem. Does it worth to have chaos immune and dont use Carcass jack etc.? Can anyone make more clear and datail comparison?
Last edited by omgree on Sep 6, 2020, 5:42:13 PM
Also made league-start test run into Blood Aqueducts with both with ED/Cont and Trickster.
Here is my comparison if some one will be deciding.
Please note this test is personal, subjective and no twink gear used. No 6-links, premade gear etc.

ED/Cont spellslinger (soon transition into classic ED/Cont):
Pros:
- Better clearspeed and coverage
- Much more smooth leveling
- Higher dps
- No deaths or minimum since you offscreen alot
- Doesnt rely on radomnes of spore spawn
- Higher HP pool
- Dont need spec gear to shine
Cons:
- 2 buttons main skill gameplay after transition into classic ED/cont - not everyone love.
- lower scale dps in end-game and you need huge investment after some point to increase it just slightly

TR
pros:
- Better at end-game i guess but not sure
- higher dps compare to the amount you invest

cons:
- struggle with dps (4-link). Even with totem with wither and curse aura
- much more dies during storymode since you kill bosses much slower
- better feeling after 2nd lab and on blood aqueduct but still worse than ed/cont.
- need to fire two times on blue packs and like 5-8 times on 1 rare, while with ED/cont you do it only once
- cant clear offscreen
- need gear to shine (additional arrows, 6-link bow, empower, cluster jewels) but even at this level not sure it can outspeed mapping compare to ED/cont since you cant chain-kill. I've seen smn used CA with Arrow Nova as 2nd 6-link for mapping - may be this one better.

I would appreciete for some tips. Is this normal TR practice? May be i've missed smth.
"
omgree wrote:
Also made league-start test run into Blood Aqueducts with both with ED/Cont and Trickster.
Here is my comparison if some one will be deciding.
Please note this test is personal, subjective and no twink gear used. No 6-links, premade gear etc.

ED/Cont spellslinger (soon transition into classic ED/Cont):
Pros:
- Better clearspeed and coverage
- Much more smooth leveling
- Higher dps
- No deaths or minimum since you offscreen alot
- Doesnt rely on radomnes of spore spawn
- Higher HP pool
- Dont need spec gear to shine
Cons:
- 2 buttons main skill gameplay after transition into classic ED/cont - not everyone love.
- lower scale dps in end-game and you need huge investment after some point to increase it just slightly

TR
pros:
- Better at end-game i guess but not sure
- higher dps compare to the amount you invest

cons:
- struggle with dps (4-link). Even with totem with wither and curse aura
- much more dies during storymode since you kill bosses much slower
- better feeling after 2nd lab and on blood aqueduct but still worse than ed/cont.
- need to fire two times on blue packs and like 5-8 times on 1 rare, while with ED/cont you do it only once
- cant clear offscreen
- need gear to shine (additional arrows, 6-link bow, empower, cluster jewels) but even at this level not sure it can outspeed mapping compare to ED/cont since you cant chain-kill. I've seen smn used CA with Arrow Nova as 2nd 6-link for mapping - may be this one better.

I would appreciete for some tips. Is this normal TR practice? May be i've missed smth.

I did an ED build with twink gear and a TR I'm doing self found for next league practice and I'm doing better so far on 2 three links and TR than I did with a tabula and 2 +1 chaos wands with ED.

I think its all play style, for me TR is more fun, I found ED just painful on bossing and clear is great but clear is damn good with TR/Caustic too. End game ED would be more tanky but for DPS most use, ironically a bow for ED damage. With no harvest making wand crafting for ED harder for next league too. ED is popular with the HC crowd for good reason but I don't think its "all that".
"
Herculite wrote:

I did an ED build with twink gear and a TR I'm doing self found for next league practice and I'm doing better so far on 2 three links and TR than I did with a tabula and 2 +1 chaos wands with ED.

Have you tried it with spellslinger? Soulrend+ed+cont

"
Herculite wrote:

a bow for ED damage

Almost :) Still need attack speed if you play self cast.
ED still not that bad with blight on bosses. TR need alot of gear to be good. I know on trade league its ok to struggle a bit, but still leveling it - be ready to kill only white mobs and run. Or if you spend 10 hours+ on story mode i think its ok than.

Also i wonder why do u use Deadly Ailments Support with your TR 4-link? I dont see you have poison or bleed nodes.

So any suggestions how to improve TR leveling as leaguestarter? Except it gonna be a 2nd char?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info