(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
thk_lord wrote:
So if i get this right - primary tool is Toxic rain - for faster mapping in a way - we use caustic arrow and at the boss toxic rain?

Yes i think so, usually we can have a better clear speed with CA, toxic rain scales dmg with pod stacks, that so thats good for bosses where u can use CA one time and spam TR
"
"
thk_lord wrote:
I have a question, sorry if i come out dumb, but a new player in general. How do we cast toxic rain and caustic arrow at the same time or do we switch weapons?

I run them on separate links.

rain is on the main one with mirage, then I just have caustic with a multiple projectiles mod currently (levelling my caustic/rain guy at the minute, the character was just dumped out of Harvest, so I'm waiting to get it back)

are you saying that this build does not allow for you having both set up's?

I've mostly been away since 2016 TBH mate (I came back in 2018 and did some more) so stuff might have changed a lot, but I don't ever remember switching weapons. theres more than enough room for gems on items.

Not exactly - because in the guide there are two bows mentioned in the "Gear" section and when i looked through it i noticed that there is no caustic arrow setup that's when we come to the weapon swap there is a bow with a caustic arrow setup and a one with toxic rain setup which explains the weapon swap. But when i watched his videos i didn't notice the weapon swap (or it's done fast)
Last edited by thk_lord on Sep 15, 2020, 1:16:50 PM
"
thk_lord wrote:
"
"
thk_lord wrote:
I have a question, sorry if i come out dumb, but a new player in general. How do we cast toxic rain and caustic arrow at the same time or do we switch weapons?

rain is on the main one with mirage, then I just have caustic with a multiple projectiles mod currently (levelling my caustic/rain guy at the minute, the character was just dumped out of Harvest, so I'm waiting to get it back)

I've mostly been away since 2016 TBH mate (I came back in 2018 and did some more) so stuff might have changed a lot, but I don't ever remember switching weapons. theres more than enough room for gems on items.

Not exactly - because in the guide there are two bows mentioned in the "Gear" section and when i looked through it i noticed that there is no caustic arrow setup that's when we come to the weapon swap there is a bow with a caustic arrow setup and a one with toxic rain setup which explains the weapon swap. But when i watched his videos i didn't notice the weapon swap (or it's done fast)

Thanks.

So is it possible to swap weapons with just a button press then? I wouldn't want it messing with the flow of the gameplay.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Sep 15, 2020, 1:25:56 PM
"

So is it possible to swap weapons with just a button press then? I wouldn't want it messing with the flow of the gameplay.
Yes. I think default button is X? But you can bind it to whatever you like, I bound mine to A because it's just below Q. Not sure what A does by default but I wasn't using it.
Thanks to everyone for being so helpful! Have a nice day/ evening!
"
thk_lord wrote:
"
"
thk_lord wrote:

thanks. good to know.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
it will be a update for heist ?
"
cdomcc wrote:
it will be a update for heist ?

Literally nothing changed. I might recommend slapping in Poacher's Mark or Warlord's Mark for bosses, that's it.

Also, I'm adding a video to the main post about mapping setups, feel free to use whatever you want. This is just a very brief, low-effort showcase of the different choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSIsQWzvz6U
Anyone else planning on this for a league starter have any tips or advice?

I know bow builds as league starters tend to get a lot of hate from streamers. My issue with previous league starters is them stalling out or not being able to handle the transition from yellow to red maps, or last league handling even white to yellow... This build meanwhile had a very good feeling between white to yellow to red to uber elder, so kind of want to accept a slightly slower leveling process in order to capture a much better map process.

I guess my plan is to level up pretty normally, following the advice in the OP post.

Then once I hit maps for bow roll Dread essence on 5 links to run white maps until I can afford 6 porcupines, then dread essence that as well for attack speed. That carried me to red maps the last league I ran this (3.10) very easily, then transition from there.

Any thoughts on gear? The Atziri's step is the only thing giving me pause. Probably just movement speed, ER, and some life on a rare in the meantime? Admittedly I had enough to buy this last time I rolled the character, might be cheap enough early league to not matter.
Hi guys, I'm thinking between this and toxic rain mine build, any thought about playstyle and feeling? (Not consider about min max and which one is stronger than which)

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info