(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Slootysloot wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to say as a new player to POE this season coming from D3 all of the advice here for the build has been fantastic. This game has been quite the learning curve, but also has been an awesome time. I'm having an issue though hitting the required mana reserved to use flesh and stone. If I switch to flesh and stone, I only have about 28 total mana and am unable to use either CA/TR. I think if I was able to switch to Flesh and Stone it would help me out with my survivability issues as well, I feel so squishy. Would someone be able to take a quick look at my gear/tree setup and let me know what i'm doing wrong lol. After some more reading it looks like I need to switch to a thread of hope and grab those two passives phase acrobatics and hunter's gambit? Any help is much appreciated! Take note that TR is in the bow atm but use CA for clearing maps and TR for bosses.

https://pastebin.com/mhW7K1pH

Why Dread Banner instead of an Enlighten support in the helm? The sythesized mod on your helm is nice, but it has two large downsides:

1) you're gonna have a hell of a time getting a useable lab enchant (i.e. 10/15% less mana reserved for Malevolence) which you'll need to run all three auras (mal/disc/f+s) unless you get the malevolence mod on a hunter-influenced amulet

2) you can't influence your helm, so no hunters -chaos res mod (and when you're richer, no redeemers for the phys dmg taken as cold or -mana reserved mods)

I might be missing something but I don't think Dread Banner is useful for this build, at least not at the cost of not having an Enlighten.

As a side note, you're going through a LOT of trouble to get enough strength for Steelskin. To be clear, it's a solid strategy for your CwDT + guard skill, but the rest of your gear is hurting in order to accommodate that. You might want to consider this gear adjustment that would add more tankiness to your build while helping your mana issues:

1) switching to a CwDT lvl 3 + Immortal Call lvl 5 (the general rule of thumb I've seen is IC is better than Steelskin if you have over 6k eHP)

2) Given your mana issues, your amulet craft should probably be the Elreon craft until you upgrade your ammy to have the Malevolence mod. Use Harvest craft to remove that increased armour prefix, and with the open prefix slot craft the elreon mod.

3) You're not able to use the sweet "Gain 10% of max life as ES" craft on your chest since you need to craft STR - consider removing one of the defensive prefixes and crafting this instead.

4) Now you'll have two suffix slots (ammy, chest) to aug resists (it looks like you could use another +35% chaos on your chest to bring you into 40's/50's, which is when chaos/poison damage starts to feel non-threatening), and will allow you more flexibility in your gear as you upgrade stuff. For example - adding 47% cold res to that open ammy suffix would allow you to use all 3 suffix mods on your gloves for damage/utility - you could get hunter gloves with IAS/chaos DoT/crafted ailment mod. (The "faster attacks for socketed gems" Elder mod isn't doing anything for you that the plain "increased attack speed" suffix couldn't do, so you could swap to Hunter influenced gloves instead and not lose out on anything.)

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Just looked at your tree - if you need more survivability, I would definitely consider finding two points somewhere for Herbalism (%10 life) and Silent Steps (helps with blinding stuff). In particular, I feel like skipping on Herbalism when you already have the two pathing nodes is a really interesting choice. Consider removing the 3 points from Void Barrier and the 1 pt from Trickery (it's not a great point unless you really need the stats), freeing up the two points I mentioned above as well as the 2 points for Survivalist (that'll give you more resistances than you're getting from the Void Barrier nodes).
Last edited by chadam189 on Aug 11, 2020, 2:30:43 PM
"
brytan06 wrote:
"
Mantissaa wrote:
Alright boys think i've mastered this crafting thing, Is there a better possible pair of gloves for TR?

You missed Culling Strike Suffix. It is the gloves i need to make but i got t3 so try again

https://ibb.co/B3ZfkmY

How are you crafting these? Getting chaos dot and culling as suffixes, crafting "cannot roll attack mods", and praying that the harvest add influence craft picks t1 dot? I'm assuming that's the cheapest way, I'm gonna start making new gloves soon and can't think of another route.
This is my current build.

https://pastebin.com/gL8rDndU

I've been having an absolute blast with it so far! I plan to get to level 100 soon and then aim for 40/40 challenges. I also want to get the movement speed or attack speed enchant on my boots. Is there anything I could improve at this point or is it small margins at this point? Would tailwind on crit on boots be any good for this build?
Last edited by narandelar on Aug 12, 2020, 2:51:10 AM
So this build requires two bows? One with toxic rain setup for maps and a caustic arrow setup for bossing?
"
chadam189 wrote:
"
brytan06 wrote:
"
Mantissaa wrote:
Alright boys think i've mastered this crafting thing, Is there a better possible pair of gloves for TR?

You missed Culling Strike Suffix. It is the gloves i need to make but i got t3 so try again

How are you crafting these? Getting chaos dot and culling as suffixes, crafting "cannot roll attack mods", and praying that the harvest add influence craft picks t1 dot? I'm assuming that's the cheapest way, I'm gonna start making new gloves soon and can't think of another route.

Hi Guys,

Its my 4th League and here is my Character, Please give me a feedback on how to improve it further. I have 75% chaos resist as well. If i opt to decrease it even if i am wearing the Headhunter,I can craft Attackspeed on quiver.I can also craft Increase damage % on amulet prefix if opt not to have infinite Toxic Rain Spam.

https://pastebin.com/Rv17i4B0

ToolTip says i have: 169k DPS on chaos damage per second
PoB says i have : 15.6 M DoT DPS

Life : 6,296
ES : 2,324
evasion : 7,853 ( no flask)

1)Maybe Body Armour but Carcass Jack gives the most DPS as i am looking to boost my DPS now that im level 100
2) Better Cluster Jewel?
3) Better Quiver?
4)Better Amulet with Male?
5) Better Helmet with +2 aura gems and 5% mana Reservation?
6) Better Chest? if i go with Amulet and Helmet cuz i need the resistances

Corrupted Blood on the Tread of Hope was lucky :))

https://pastebin.com/Rv17i4B0

Further Updates to Gear:

Last edited by brytan06 on Sep 8, 2020, 10:05:26 PM
"
+3 DoT Multi Bow
Cost: Variable. 10 exalts+ (minimum)
This bow is much simpler to craft than the +3 VP bow we used to make, however its probably more tedious or difficult. Try to use an ilv 82 bow for tier 1 DOT multi. You'll need to isolate two suffxies, ideally local attack speed and DOT Multi (specifically suffix, not prefix CDOT), and then block attack modifiers, exalt slam for +1, then multimod +2 supports and 40% CDOT multi. There's no amazing way to get this. You can try alt - regal spamming, chaos spamming, suffix locking, annul-yolos; either way, you need to try and get the two suffixes isolated.

Is someone willing to explain how this crafting stuff works? I'm a total noob so far in this game and just started playing maps (up to T4 now)..
I'm seriously lacking in Chest piece, bow and Quiver..

I would like to start on a bow but I don't understand what everything means or how to het the crafting recipes.

Many thanks
You again? I'm still waiting for my 2ex for your "5mil POB challenge".

Oh, wait, you lied.

"
try crafting 1 of those perfect cluster jewels.
Crafted a large chaos one yday, very easy with harvest. Now what 3.12 will bring, we'll see.
Spoiler
"
R3kt3m wrote:
"
+3 DoT Multi Bow
Cost: Variable. 10 exalts+ (minimum)
This bow is much simpler to craft than the +3 VP bow we used to make, however its probably more tedious or difficult. Try to use an ilv 82 bow for tier 1 DOT multi. You'll need to isolate two suffxies, ideally local attack speed and DOT Multi (specifically suffix, not prefix CDOT), and then block attack modifiers, exalt slam for +1, then multimod +2 supports and 40% CDOT multi. There's no amazing way to get this. You can try alt - regal spamming, chaos spamming, suffix locking, annul-yolos; either way, you need to try and get the two suffixes isolated.

Is someone willing to explain how this crafting stuff works? I'm a total noob so far in this game and just started playing maps (up to T4 now)..
I'm seriously lacking in Chest piece, bow and Quiver..

I would like to start on a bow but I don't understand what everything means or how to het the crafting recipes.

Many thanks

AROUND 100 CHAOS (without the empower gem):
- Depending on your budget, you can buy a bow with attack speed +1 socketed gems +2 socketed bow gems (like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/8L2p2niV)

AROUND 7 EXALTS:
- You can buy or craft a bow with +1 socketed gems +2 support gems +dot multi and chaos dot multi (like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/eomgQ0bsL)

crafting process is longer and you will need more experience with the game. Consists in:
*buy a bow 6L
*use transmutation, alteration and augmentation orbs it until you get attack speed + dot multi (it'll remain magic - blue item)
*regal orb it (it'll become rare - yellow) and try to get +1 socketed gems. If you get other crap, just remove with harvest craft (you'll have a rare item with attack speed and damage over time multiplier ONLY)
*block attack modifiers (you'll get on ur bench if you complete The Plaguemaw V Prophecy) on bench and exalt slam for +1 socketed gems
*craft multi mod (you will have this craft on ur bench if you do The Pale Court map)
*craft chaos dot multi (unveiling items)
*craft +2 support gems (you'll get this unveiling items dropped from Catarina on Sindicate missions)

* for chestpiece, there are 2 approaches: offense and defense.
OFFENSE: carcass jack
DEFENSE: kintsugi <3

* and dont forget: your damage is greatly boosted by attack speed + AREA OF EFFECT + dot multiplier (not only chaos damage) + DURATION. I struggled a lot to squeeze damage from the build until I got a very large Thread of Hope below scion starting point and got all duration points I could.

* cinderswallow urn feels very good while mapping. Spitfire brew + dying sun are essential. get them ASAP.

* don't spend money on a Elusive + Tailwind pair of boots. You never crit so they feel useless.

* you wont need cluster jewels. They are pure luxury in my opinion.

* with 1 exalt you can do tier 10+ maps and never die.

* with around 10ex you can do tier 16 corrupted maps with ease (its kinda boring because you'll never die lol)

"
Bullshitting on damage and survivability

Budget is not 50 chaos more like dozens of exalts to get perfect cluster jewels. Don't believe me? try crafting 1 of those perfect cluster jewels.

Bow +3 requires at least 2 exalts investment.

DO NOT TRY THIS BUILD.
THEORY CRAFTING.

Stop raging. If you cant read instructions or dont know how to play, just respectfully ask people on foruns, they'll help you.

We dont need agressive people on PoE community.
-

Mi o sutete koso ukabu se mo aru
Last edited by rafagisloti on Aug 14, 2020, 5:06:02 PM
Spoiler
"
AROUND 100 CHAOS (without the empower gem):
- Depending on your budget, you can buy a bow with attack speed +1 socketed gems +2 socketed bow gems (like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/8L2p2niV)

AROUND 7 EXALTS:
- You can buy or craft a bow with +1 socketed gems +2 support gems +dot multi and chaos dot multi (like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/eomgQ0bsL)

crafting process is longer and you will need more experience with the game. Consists in:
*buy a bow 6L
*use transmutation, alteration and augmentation orbs it until you get attack speed + dot multi (it'll remain magic - blue item)
*regal orb it (it'll become rare - yellow) and try to get +1 socketed gems. If you get other crap, just remove with harvest craft (you'll have a rare item with attack speed and damage over time multiplier ONLY)
*block attack modifiers (you'll get on ur bench if you complete The Plaguemaw V Prophecy) on bench and exalt slam for +1 socketed gems
*craft multi mod (you will have this craft on ur bench if you do The Pale Court map)
*craft chaos dot multi (unveiling items)
*craft +2 support gems (you'll get this unveiling items dropped from Catarina on Sindicate missions)

* for chestpiece, there are 2 approaches: offense and defense.
OFFENSE: carcass jack
DEFENSE: kintsugi <3

* and dont forget: your damage is greatly boosted by attack speed + AREA OF EFFECT + dot multiplier (not only chaos damage) + DURATION. I struggled a lot to squeeze damage from the build until I got a very large Thread of Hope below scion starting point and got all duration points I could.

* cinderswallow urn feels very good while mapping. Spitfire brew + dying sun are essential. get them ASAP.

* don't spend money on a Elusive + Tailwind pair of boots. You never crit so they feel useless.

* you wont need cluster jewels. They are pure luxury in my opinion.

* with 1 exalt you can do tier 10+ maps and never die.

* with around 10ex you can do tier 16 corrupted maps with ease (its kinda boring because you'll never die lol)

Wow, thanks for this!!! Great explanation.
Sure is hard to get all of the concepts together and what does what. Steep learning curve.

I got a 5L green gem bow with +1 to socketed gems and +10% attack speed so far:

Got another one in the stash ready to craft 6L and roll 1G to 1B:

I got lucky recently with a delve and found 1ex (which I sold) and then used some chaos to buy things like the Vertex and Aztiri's Step. I can map T5 pretty easily without dying. Something there is a spike in damage or damage which bypasses my shield killing me (if I only knew what type of damage that was).

If I were to link all my items would you mind looking into them and telling me where I went wrong or what items to upgrade?
Last edited by R3kt3m on Aug 15, 2020, 4:46:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info