(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
There is NO WAY IN HELL this build is within a 50 chaos budget.

To the author... if you can make my character (https://pastebin.com/uiNtptyS) like the one on the guide I'll pay you 2 exalts. Scratch that... to anyone on this forum... if you can turn my build into this you've got yourself 2 exalts. Author says you can do it with a 50 chaos budget? Lies. I'll cover up to six (6) times that budget and I think you will not be able to achieve this.

Look at my gear! This is aprox 400K DPS, not 1/2M definitively NOT 1M nor 5-10M like the author suggests. Maybe in a perfect world.

This is a theory build.
Can't be recreated in-game.
(╬▔皿▔)╯

You dont have a single clue what you are talking about, learn more about the game and do the harvest league mechanic and come back.
"
Viktranka wrote:

P.S. Please tell me whose TR guide recommends faster attacks in main link, you aren't the first one to appear with this, and it definitely isn't from this guide so where did you get that from?

so i really don't need attack speed ? or just not that much ? thanks
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
R3kt3m wrote:

It would be a lot more comprehensible and better for learning if I know what to focus on
While levelling you should focus on:
- getting items with useful links (4 or 5 link with mostly green sockets etc.)
- getting life and resist on armor
- pick useful flasks
- getting a fast attack speed bow (thicket, grove, short bow etc.)
- getting a +1 to socketed bow gems (or +2 even better) bow with 4-link or 5-link, I would just pick random bows and reforge with harvest until one of them got the bow gems, then use harvest options to reroll sockets and add links
- when you get to maps remember to buy lvl 20 toxic rain gem

Btw you can set up custom filter on filterblade and set levelling focus to bow if you want.

Thanks!! Some solid info.. Specially on the bow part. I'll look into that harvest thing you wrote down as I'm just getting familiar with it.

Much appreciated
"
DrillahKillah wrote:
so i really don't need attack speed ? or just not that much ? thanks
You don't wanna sacrifice a gem slot in your main 6-link for a sub par gem. You can stack attack speed elsewhere on bow / quiver / glove / jewels / clusters.

The same applies to increased area of effect support. Is increased area of effect good? Yes. Is it worth sacrificing one of the main support gems? Not really.

Another problem is the fact faster attacks gives "increased" attack speed not "more" attack speed. So it becomes weaker the more you have other sources of attack speed.

I checked the POB I linked earlier, without FA it had attack rate of 3.39, 20/20 faster attack gem is 54% increased attack speed, so you'd think if you would have 54% more attacks it would go to 5.22 attacks, right? 3.39*1.54=5.22 But that's not the case, enabling the gem makes attack rate 4.13 which is only 22% difference (3.39*1.22=4.13), that's because of all the diminishing returns from other attack speed mods.

It will become weaker and weaker the more attack speed you have and the goal is to have as much attack speed as possible, making its value drop a lot. You can add stuff like onslaught, vaal haste, even more obscure things like tailwind, flow untethered or rage / berserk (with lethal pride) and the more attack / action speed increases you have, the less value you get from faster attacks.

Meanwhile efficacy & damage on full life provide "more" modifiers that don't share diminishing returns. Efficacy shares diminishing returns when it comes to stacking skill effect duration, but it can be an option to counteract awakened swift affliction shorter duration.

Mirage archer just shoots its own stuff and should always scale the same with your main damage and I counted it some time ago and it was pretty in line with wiki explanation that mirage is around 27% more damage support. But POB doesn't count it AT ALL so if someone asks me to POB warrior his shit I sadly can't put mirage in because it's invisible. But in game it does its stuff.

Sadly some gem design is just flawed, I still wonder to this day why slower projectiles is a 29% more modifier but faster projectiles is 29% increased. And these 2 things are completely different in POE.
Shout out to this build. I've played it as my main character for the last 2 leagues (my first 2). It's super flexible and scalable as you progress into endgame. I'm nowhere near optimized, I don't even use Cluster Jewels, and I have no problem with juiced t16 maps, bosses (if I've learned them), or anything else really.

One thing I think that more people should try is CA+Arrow Nova. It's just really fun and makes exploding packs much more satisfying while mapping.

i've almost finished my bow i just need to get +2 supported gems and i don't have this craft. is that mean that if i craft +1 when I want to recraft the bow i will need to pay 2 exalted for 3 crafted mods?
"
Facepalm.
Talking about bait and switch.
This about sums up the scam UNTAGATUN's "challenge" was, I spent 2 hours yday fixing his POB so he can reach his magical "5 million dps" number all with realistic, harvest craftable gear (no empower 4 or multimod bow), and what do I get for this? Nothing. Why do I even bother trying to help people.

Should have done what nico5051 and chaelp did, laugh in his face and tell him to jump on a palm and straighten a banana.

This is not even my build guide, so I have no hill to die on here. At least I learned something in the process. Hope you guys did too.

This was the pob: https://pastebin.com/0L8thexy
Efficacy swappable with mirage archer, they should be similar value in damage (just pob doesn't count mirage).

Biggest takeaways from this I got was:
1. People, invest in your clusters and your jewels.
2. Also amulet, but the dude already had a decent one.
3. Don't invest into 10ex bow, there's so many other cooler stuff you can harvest craft before that.
4. Get attack speed wherever you can.
5. And tbh maybe at some point start shifting some of the budget into defenses, 5 mil sirus / 10 mil mapping damage seems an overkill, on the other hand 4,4k life is on the meh side.

Anyone wanna use that POB feel free, I didn't fix his side skills if they didn't impact dps, so there's some weird gems slotted.

Btw hunter ilvl 85 helmet bases are apparently very cheap if you don't aim for anything special (didn't check hubris though, that might be expensive since it's BIS for essence drain too) and -9 chaos res is guaranteed within 2 chaos augments (if prefixes are filled which is pretty easy to do just spam defences or life). I'm damn tempted to ditch my devouring diadem playstyle just because of it.
Last edited by Viktranka on Aug 4, 2020, 8:20:26 PM
Is there a general consensus for how people are applying Despair?

I've used Maloney's with Frenzy/CoH and my 20/20 Despair, and I love the QoL of this - I have max frenzy charges and a strong Despair cast 100% of the time.

But I keep seeing people use those beautiful self-crafted quivers with Dot/Chaos DoT, IAS, higher life than Maloney's, and even sometimes movement speed/max chaos res/open socket via Ornate base for the rich bois...and I'm wondering if that's the better itemization for the very top version of this build.

Are people automating it with a punted ring slot (Profane Proxy) or weaker level curse (via the Hunter/Delve mod for level 5/8 on rings)? Using a level 8 curse vs 20 shows as an 11% reduction in DoT damage according to my PoB.

Or are they just self-casting it, which honestly seems like a hassle (and for the fights that really need it, it takes up valuable time that could be spent moving/shooting/recasting totems).

Thanks in advance! This is my first league running TR, and this is BY FAR the farthest I've gotten in the game. All of the advice from Viktranka and the other regulars in this thread is awesome and much appreciated.
"
chadam189 wrote:

Are people automating it with a punted ring slot (Profane Proxy) or weaker level curse (via the Hunter/Delve mod for level 5/8 on rings)? Using a level 8 curse vs 20 shows as an 11% reduction in DoT damage according to my PoB.

Is that 11% just meassuring the lv.8 vs lv.20? Or is that swapping your your quiver to a t1dot/t1chaosdot quiver+lv.8?

Anyway, im running

atm. currently crafting a new quiver but I ran out of chaos augs, so gotta farm that today.

Got no problem at all so far with killing.. anything really.
"
chadam189 wrote:
There's no consensus per say there are different options and all of them with a downside.

1. Hand casting despair - downside: takes time from attacking
2. Witchfire brew - downside: takes a flask slot and can easily expire on bosses if they have phases or they take long to kill
4. Profane proxy - downside: takes a ring slot with no life or -mana you'd have on rare ring, requires fitting 35% extra mana reserved for skitterbots
5. Curse on hit ring - downside: it's a low level curse, 5 or 8
6. Maloney mechanism - downside: you lose quiver slot (juicy double dot mods)
7. Asenath's chant - downside: you lose helmet slot (-9 chaos res aura)

Generally pick whatever is the least disrupting to your playstyle / gearing process.
Last edited by Viktranka on Aug 5, 2020, 1:51:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info