(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
is cluster jewels any good for us?

I think these two so far seemed okay to me but i dont know what to deallcoate to make space for it

For large you wanna 8-pointer ones and preferably with 2 sockets (that part can be more pricey), you don't wanna waste too many points on small / travelling nodes.

For small I'd grab something on a 4% life base rather than evasion, and yes, Natural Vigour can roll on these too. Even though for this build I'd pick Sublime Sensation over Natural vigour.

yeah maybe 1 jewel socket for now seems ok but the problem is i don't know which points are the 'not so important' ones that i can remove and allocate 3 + 8 + 4 + 2 best case scenario thats 17 and worst case 23 passive points to remove if finding a really budgeted option.

has anyone done the POB warrior testing to determine best Large,medium,small for overall damage/sustainablity?

also to ask again on my post before, do we cap chaos resistance?

T13 delirum mobs literally ripped me and the boss in park map took me legit 1.5 mins to kill just kiting around and casting despair, wither and blink arrow while casting toxic rain in between..

any way to automate the despair atleast without buying a 4 ex quiver that casts when using a bow?

I Noticed Frenzy is an option but was wondering if we can have something more automated maybe like CwDT 1 IC 3 Despair 5
Really hate Maven as a boss and its mechanics! pls give us something cool like Elder/Shaper
Would someone mind taking a look at my gear and let me know where I need to improve next? I'm about to finish leveling my empower and if the corrupt doesn't go well I'll buy a level 4 but other than that, I think maybe it's jewels that I need to invest in? I think I'm getting close to the top end of this build. I'm spamming lab and hoping for an enchant but not sure how big of an upgrade that is. Hopefully it's something decent as I still struggle with a couple of the boss fights but that could just be my own play. Any advice/help is appreciated!
I'd like to clarify some testing that typicalDemon was kind enough to do.

According to him..
"
Using the Increased AOE Support was giving me about 20% more active pods affecting the target

Although this is true for this build it is not a good rule to follow. According to the below toxic rain damage calculator if we assume no additional arrows are being fired then the effect of increased aoe is essentially identical to a MORE damage multiplier which caps at 100% increaseed aoe. Since this build naturally has 77 increased aoe typicalDemon's testing only showed a gain of ~20%.

This makes the increased aoe support gem a bad fit for this build but pathfinders should love it. And if you can gain aoe in another way it should be very powerful here. For example, large cluster jewels can come with the Broadside passive which gives 25% aoe and if the calculator is correct this would also give this build 20% more damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9ik19a/toxic_rain_calculator_spreadsheet_and_guide/

Last edited by patrick32123 on Apr 4, 2020, 11:15:50 PM
"
patrick32123 wrote:
This makes the increased aoe support gem a bad fit for this build but pathfinders should love it.
Why so? Pathfinders already have 50% increased aoe and inc aoe gem is well.... increased not "more", so shouldn't it hit diminishing returns? Or do you mean they can easier get 100% increased aoe? Pretty sure they can with just passive + carcass jack + some point from tree like lethal assault / heavy draw / blast radius and / or dying sun. Does it scale past 100%?
I have four link on my gloves with all the gem setups already. I have spell totem link set up on my boots and maloney's mechanism, aura setup on vertex, and 6 link. Is there anything else I can do that is valuable with a 4 link? I am struggling with durability at the moment.
So I just got a Maloneys and i think i may have misunderstood how curse on hit works. Does it on only curse the one mob hit by frenzy or does it curse the area?
IGN PoopyPotter
"
Phloozy wrote:
So I just got a Maloneys and i think i may have misunderstood how curse on hit works. Does it on only curse the one mob hit by frenzy or does it curse the area?
Yes. Curse on hit will apply the curse to anything hit by the skill it's linked to. Also if you have low accuracy it's possible for that skill to miss and not apply anything. And yes, frenzy by default is a single directed projectile, it's not an aoe skill, you can get 3 projectiles with dying sun but that's about it (not tested for bows with extra arrows but since they aren't recommended for toxic rain anyway it's a bit of a moot point).
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Phloozy wrote:
Yes. Curse on hit will apply the curse to anything hit by the skill it's linked to. Also if you have low accuracy it's possible for that skill to miss and not apply anything. And yes, frenzy by default is a single directed projectile, it's not an aoe skill, you can get 3 projectiles with dying sun but that's about it (not tested for bows with extra arrows but since they aren't recommended for toxic rain anyway it's a bit of a moot point).

Hmm well I think it will still be better for bosses/A8 Sirus so I think I will stick with it. Clearing 100% delirium trash is easy so I just need more single target
IGN PoopyPotter
So this build is working excellently for me outside of some situations. Here's my items;

I made a few changes over the normal item list; namely, I'm now using Hyrri's Ire since it gives more evasion and comes with increased attack/spell dodge. On my rings, I opted to use the affix "Non-Channelling Skills Have -8 to Total Mana Cost" since it's cheaper and functionally identical to "-# to Total Mana Cost of Skills" for Toxic Rain.

This is all fine and dandy for most every map and most bosses, but at this point I'm having major issues with at least one Elder Guardian, the Enslaver (I haven't had the opportunity to test against the others), and with Kosis in particular. Hitting Kosis in my Simulacrum runs are like hitting a brick wall and he tends to terminate my runs by the time I hit wave 16 (or if I'm lucky, later on). Most of his abilities readily one shot me if my evade chance doesn't hold up.

One similarity that both the Enslaver and Kosis share is that they shoot fire projectiles, which absolutely tear through my HP and energy shield, and if I end up getting hit by the projectile it's basically a death sentence for me since I have no way to cleanse the ignite. I know I could just change one of my flasks to remove ignite, but the issue is that the fight against those two bosses will, at this point, definitely last longer than my flask charges would allow; I'll run out pretty early into the fight since there's no mobs around to recharge off of.

So in short I have two questions here. Firstly, what can I do to improve this build? Secondly, what can I do to especially improve this build and it's survivability against the Enslaver and Kosis?

Here's my PoB if that helps at all: https://pastebin.com/Z695jp82
Last edited by Rhapsodical on Apr 5, 2020, 9:35:23 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
patrick32123 wrote:
This makes the increased aoe support gem a bad fit for this build but pathfinders should love it.
Why so? Pathfinders already have 50% increased aoe and inc aoe gem is well.... increased not "more", so shouldn't it hit diminishing returns? Or do you mean they can easier get 100% increased aoe? Pretty sure they can with just passive + carcass jack + some point from tree like lethal assault / heavy draw / blast radius and / or dying sun. Does it scale past 100%?

I'd completely forgotten about pathfinders getting 50% inc aoe from their ascendancy. I think you're right here.

In regards to the diminishing returns according to the calculator it's capped at 100% increased aoe if you aren't firing additional arrows and the cap goes up by 25% for each extra arrow. So for example, if you're getting +2 arrows from dying sun then the cap ends up being 150% more damage at 150% increased aoe.

This is all assuming the calculator is correct. I'm honestly not sure if increased aoe works the way they think it does. TypicalDemon's testing may end up being right on. When i said he had 77% aoe i was including dying sun but that should have also given him more arrows and a higher cap so it doesn't really make sense now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info