(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
ValElTech wrote:
Hello,

Im hitting a wall on tanking. Damage is good and with the clear speed Im nearly always flaskup. All deaths are from full life/ES to resurection.

Did I miss anything?

Carcass Jack is a nice damage bonus, but it's defense stats aren't fantastic. Massive evasion chest and big number energy shield helm work extremely well with Escape Artist.

What are your life / ES numbers sitting at?

Also... life flask? If you're getting popped 1 shot, life flask isn't going to help. I only carry one for Sirus and some of the Elder guardians.

Lastly... I'm running a Vaal Grace for the extra dodge on tough bosses.

Carcass vs perfect storm + Arctic armor 21/23: same result I just get popped. I'm stuck at 40% of lv95 for a painfull time now, I get close to 96, get popped, and never progress in the end.
4500 life 2000 ES (with HH) 4500 life 2800 ES (other belt)

life flask: at times I still need to pop it up, mostly for ground affixes.
Elder/conquerors are not an issue at all. I get one shot on maps, not bosses.

Vaal grace, its on the chest, mostly used for metamorphs.
That's weird... I'm running 3732 life, 3116 ES, and I rarely get popped. I mean, it does happen, but not often enough to stop me from building experience, and I'm seriously into diminishing returns there at 97 working on 98. It sure sounds like you're doing everything right.

Are you playing in a party? Too many map mods? I've stopped running corrupt T16s for the most part, I've completed the Atlas so I don't need to anymore, but I'm still chaining T16s, chisel, alc, go. I rarely look at the rolls.

Admittedly, when I get above ~50% of the next level, I stop running metamorphs, and by about 65% I stop running bosses. At ~85% I stop mapping and finish out the level in the mines.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 15, 2020, 12:25:06 AM
"
Are you playing in a party? Too many map mods? I've stopped running corrupt T16s for the most part, I've completed the Atlas so I don't need to anymore, but I'm still chaining T16s, chisel, alc, go. I rarely look at the rolls.

T16 chisel/alc/vaal + unique watchstones mostly (99%) solo.

I might be pushing too much modifiers in the maps then.

borrowed an Hyrri from a friend and put my vertex again (too many labs done without getting an usefull enchant) to see if the extra survivability helps (4.2 life 3.2 ES)

I also undusted my +2 aura gloves for extra ES & damage reduction from auras:

Last edited by ValElTech on Feb 15, 2020, 3:16:22 AM
"
10ex puts you right in the middle. If you don't already have a bow that's as good as the Porcupine Essence Bow, I'd suggest spending the couple exalts to get to that level.

The next level after that is the +3 DoT Multi Bow, which you'll need to save some currency for. It's 10ex at an absolute minimum, unless you get super lucky. I'm into mine for 27ex because I'm super UNLUCKY, and I still did not get all the right rolls.

My method - there are others, but nothing I've seen is much better - is this:
- Buy a level 84+ thicket, short, or grove bow. No influences - no shaper, elder, redeemer, etc.
- Max quality with whetstones, craft on +18 quality.
- Jewelers orbs until you hit 6 sockets.
- Fusings until you hit 6 links.
- Scrub off the craft
- Transmute to magic, then augment. If you get +attack speed or damage over time multiplier - not Chaos damage over time, you specifically the need suffix - then regal, and hope for the other. If you get it, you have two choices. (If you don't get the right affixes, scour, start over.)
1. Annul, and hope you end up with a bow with both suffixes. If not, start over.
2. Lock suffixes with Suffixes cannot be changed and scour. More expensive, much faster.

Once you have a yellow rare bow with only 2 suffixes, increased attack speed and damage over time multiplier, you're set. The rest of the craft is fast, it's just expensive.
- Craft cannot roll attack mods
- Exalt slam. This will give you +1 gems.
- Scrub off the Cannot roll attack mods and craft Can have up to 3 crafted mods.
- Craft +2 support gems.
- Craft Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier.

And you're done!

Thanks a lot for your help, I'll start then in getting the Porcupine at this point and then farm currency to craft a +3 DoT Multi Bow
Amazing build, after trying 5 different builds this league i saw a guy playing this one and told me it was mad cheap, so i leveled a shadow and from the get-go i could realize how good this build is... I was melting mobs from lvl10 till now, the only one not dying fast (yet) is Sirus, but this is the only build i killed him with!

It's my first league on PoE so expect lots of mistakes on my items :D

This is what im running:

Even tho now i have like 20-30ex spent on this build, i was able to do T16 on 4-5mins with a 5ex budget. This is the only build i've found that has gear progression this good. Every time i realize there's something to upgrade, and the ammount to spend for it isn't 12237ex, tends to be 5-10 for good upgrades!

Anyways, i recommend everyone to try this build, i've made some changes of my own (for example i use Maloney's because casting despair every time bothered me, and i also run a bit different gem setup) and it still works wonders!

Oh and it's a really reaaaally tanky build aswell, im on 4500HP 2600ES and i veeeeery rarely die, and when i do is mostly because of my own mistakes or because some random troll-like 1 shot that PoE tends to deliver from time to time. I'm probably not gonna do this build next season as starter because i feel like i don't enjoy DoT as much as popping mobs on one shot, but i'll stick to it for the rest of the season and i'll probably use it again next league when i get bored, because it has a really cool, chill and different playstyle.

Thank you typicaldemon for the post, and every explanation. The only thing im missing on the main post is the annointment in the "ammulet" part, and an updated skill tree. I've seen many builds in poe.ninja and now people tend to take different routes from ours, so im trying different things and now (lvl90+) im just focusing on getting as much socket nodes as possible, because i feel like everything else isn't a big enough improvement.

Have a nice day guys, and wish you a great league next month!! :D
What do you guys do about the Helm, Boot, Gloves enchants?

I've done like 20ish uber lab runs and I'm bored of it.

Helm didnt get an mana reserve enchants.
Boots didnt get anything useful.
Gloves just sticking with War for now.
"
chapppy wrote:
What do you guys do about the Helm, Boot, Gloves enchants?

I've done like 20ish uber lab runs and I'm bored of it.

Helm didnt get an mana reserve enchants.
Boots didnt get anything useful.
Gloves just sticking with War for now.
So, what I did was pick up a bunch of Twice Enchanted, then grind the lab for quite a while.
Unavailable

I also picked up a spare helm to enchant in case I got lucky on the first shot.

As for gloves and boots, gloves I took whatever - ended up with Spite, which is pretty useful because it tells you when you get hit so you can hammer your flasks. Boots I bought a set with a decent enchant off poe.trade.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Could I use this gear?

Also have Divine flesh
"
Poetical-Lies wrote:
Could I use this gear?
Not really, poison scourge arrow uses different scaling methods than toxic rain.

Darkscorn is not good for this build.
Circle of Nostalgia isn't either.
Impresence is sub optimal.
You can't have your attack slotted in chest because you need to have it slotted in a +3 bow.
Chaos damage to attacks doesn't help this build.
Tailwind boots won't be good because this isn't a crit build, you'll get no procs.
Divine flesh if you mean that one that ups your chaos resist that scourge arrow builds use is really bad because it makes all damage bypass energy shield and this is a hybrid build that scales energy shield in addition to life.

This gear is only good for poison builds. At best you can try this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2208830 It uses toxic rain but it's a poison build, while this one isn't.
How do you handle chaos resistance bosses? I couldn’t finish the core boss bc he was immune to my damage it seemed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info