[3.7] Untouchable Ghost. 50k Evasion 10k ES HOWA Charged Dash

Is this build league start viable?
Hi thank you sir for the build.
im curently playing one in standard the build is so good so far.
i had changed the body armour to Queen of the forest for cleerspeed.
but my character still die in minotaur, phoenix some times.
I have 84% EC and 9600ES
i cant figure it out why. Can you please take a look at my character where i did wrong.
Thank you, the build is absolutely amazing.
What do you think about swaping Elemental focus for Conc effect on boss fight rather than Lightning pen? It may seem you get less dps in this case, but you get 26% chance to shock, which will proc constantly on bosses and increase your dps much better in the long run. You can increase this chance and other benefits from it even more from the tree with a couple of extra points.
Last edited by _TaZaR_ on May 25, 2019, 1:07:50 PM
To respond to IMs

Cyclone becoming channeled and Qol upgrades could mean that this build swaps into cyclone as its main skill. The new melee reservation skills that grant AOE and melee damage could also be promising

I shall be waiting until we have patch notes explaining all tree and skill gem changes before making any choices

"
SquireShiedon wrote:
Is this build league start viable?

I have league started HOWA before. Its a little bumpy at start when you are using random weapons and not hand of thought and motion. If you were planning on going hard day 1 then leveling as something cookie cutter is better. If you are more casual then day 2 or 3 is when the claw starts being cheap enough to buy with the currency you find on the way.

"
vietvo151 wrote:

i cant figure it out why. Can you please take a look at my character where i did wrong.
Thank you, the build is absolutely amazing.

Your profile is private so I cannot look. Happy you are enjoying the build

"
_TaZaR_ wrote:
What do you think about swaping Elemental focus for Conc effect on boss fight rather than Lightning pen? It may seem you get less dps in this case, but you get 26% chance to shock, which will proc constantly on bosses and increase your dps much better in the long run. You can increase this chance and other benefits from it even more from the tree with a couple of extra points.

Shock needs to be reapplied every 2 seconds and the amount you shock for is based on the individual hit done. Rapid hitting builds like this one shock for very low numbers and unreliably.

This is asked occasionally but whenever I have done math on shock against targets that matter (guardians, shaper etc) Elemental Focus is just better then small shocks + worse support gem and doesn't require investing in low value damage nodes in the tree when there is still higher value ones available like Forces of Nature or Lucidity
"
WaffleT wrote:

"
_TaZaR_ wrote:

Shock needs to be reapplied every 2 seconds and the amount you shock for is based on the individual hit done. Rapid hitting builds like this one shock for very low numbers and unreliably.

This is asked occasionally but whenever I have done math on shock against targets that matter (guardians, shaper etc) Elemental Focus is just better then small shocks + worse support gem and doesn't require investing in low value damage nodes in the tree when there is still higher value ones available like Forces of Nature or Lucidity

Here is lvl 100 version of the tree shock nodes to be taken. You can take them before lvl 100 ofc, i just added the nodes.
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAU8AECYAAIOU8SxGPL1QQow2oi4OSF3ymFMfQQbnpAW1SG1sD6sWvySLwzqbtYTFIurbGhB7vjoZipcGxKLfmGJa44QrCn2wG8jP3fGKEZZ_xsHF7Bgsv3C72RMvb5MnvoqhLzBbrTMZ18rTtAxGcYMJvoBuPWBD6roNfFfJHNyPGuvupwjYJFZINsUfAgQHTLOXlVJTPV-X9G0Z_rNqGxFQpyvQH-_rOw0RD36vjRngEtlf3Yydrhps5CIpT-w4hXtmVFMO1aaCmzD4d-XAZq3xGF0872jynjyMdvsJ9toajyj6uJO1he9QwbQtfUwtFLD06TaJZ73pUO98PAX5pHDUTIN0gYsOWrmRR4CzA2ZUEwJYAAAAAgEYAAAAAQEAAAAAAACExRMCzwAAAAIBGAAAAAEBAAAAAAAA8YoTAs8AAAACARgAAAABAQAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

So we have 51% chance to shock under conductivity, more than double shock duration (4+sec) and increase it's effectiveness by 85%. Path of building shows 50% boost of our total dps which is hudge. An i guess the boss will be shocked 100% with all shock nodes taken.

Also i suggest using Vaal Ancestral Chieftan (but Ancestral protector should be swapped out)for more damage in boss fights. Also it will increase the initial which is good if you wanna use shock. Vaal Grace instead of standart one may be an option as well for boss fights. Using both those vaal gems atm. What do you think?

Another question. How do you deal with such bosses as Plaza map boss using strong DoT? do you just increase the distance to break the boss attack? I was thinking about increasing leech effectiveness by taking Ghost Reaver and adding Energy lech support gem. At least against such kind of bosses.

Last edited by _TaZaR_ on May 26, 2019, 7:16:58 AM
tested anyone setup 4l charged dash for trash mobs and 6l BF vs bosses?
👀
"
denhol wrote:
tested anyone setup 4l charged dash for trash mobs and 6l BF vs bosses?

What for? You will loose good skills in this case. Swapping 1 or 2 gems is not that difficult.

Flicker Strike/Blade Flurry build is the case when you wanna split the skills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aECze_LF1k0
"
_TaZaR_ wrote:

So we have 51% chance to shock under conductivity, more than double shock duration (4+sec) and increase it's effectiveness by 85%. Path of building shows 50% boost of our total dps which is hudge. An i guess the boss will be shocked 100% with all shock nodes taken. It may even work better with cyclone if it keeps it's 50% more attack speed. Or you may just use blade flurry. What do you think?

Another question. How do you deal with such bosses as Plaza map boss using strong DoT? do you just increase the distance to break the boss attack? I was thinking about increasing leech effectiveness by taking Ghost Reaver and adding Energy lech support gem. At least against such kind of bosses.

First off *never* tick the 'shock' box in pob. It just adds a 50% more multiplier which will almost always be wrong.

Here is some math using my old characters pastebin with your tree suggestions & shaper as the target.

Tree @ 94 taking Lucidity + Force of Nature + Ele Focus

DPS = 633,247 x 1.5 (full channel) = 949,870 DPS without shock

Tree @ 94 taking Breath of Lightning + Static Blows + Lightning Pen

DPS = 523,089 x 1.5 (full channel) = 784,633

Now we calculate shock. (Assuming highest damage & chance to shock occur at the same time every 4 seconds)

Highest individual Lightning hit = 118,121 x 1.5 = 177,181
Shaper has 18,328,731 HP so this would create a 4.8% more damage shock
Tree has 95% increased shock effect, shock increases to 9.36%

784,633 * 1.0936 = 858,074 DPS with shock

Lower HP targets can get higher value shocks but really any skill that hits 10 times a second will be poor value with shock. Big shocks require you to do 3-5% of their HP in one hit and if you are doing that with just 1 of your hits and hitting that many times then they will be dead in 2-3 seconds anyway.

I tended to just kill the DoT bosses before they had time to kill me. Ghost reaver or breaking the chain also work
Spoiler
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
_TaZaR_ wrote:

So we have 51% chance to shock under conductivity, more than double shock duration (4+sec) and increase it's effectiveness by 85%. Path of building shows 50% boost of our total dps which is hudge. An i guess the boss will be shocked 100% with all shock nodes taken. It may even work better with cyclone if it keeps it's 50% more attack speed. Or you may just use blade flurry. What do you think?

First off *never* tick the 'shock' box in pob. It just adds a 50% more multiplier which will almost always be wrong.

Here is some math using my old characters pastebin with your tree suggestions & shaper as the target.

Tree @ 94 taking Lucidity + Force of Nature + Ele Focus

DPS = 633,247 x 1.5 (full channel) = 949,870 DPS without shock

Tree @ 94 taking Breath of Lightning + Static Blows + Lightning Pen

DPS = 523,089 x 1.5 (full channel) = 784,633

Now we calculate shock. (Assuming highest damage & chance to shock occur at the same time every 4 seconds)

Highest individual Lightning hit = 118,121 x 1.5 = 177,181
Shaper has 18,328,731 HP so this would create a 4.8% more damage shock
Tree has 95% increased shock effect, shock increases to 9.36%

784,633 * 1.0936 = 858,074 DPS with shock

Lower HP targets can get higher value shocks but really any skill that hits 10 times a second will be poor value with shock. Big shocks require you to do 3-5% of their HP in one hit and if you are doing that with just 1 of your hits and hitting that many times then they will be dead in 2-3 seconds anyway.

I tended to just kill the DoT bosses before they had time to kill me. Ghost reaver or breaking the chain also work

Did not know it depends that much on traget's hp pool. OK, thx for replies. Btw it turned out that i have 2 legacy Perandus Signets with 3% int increase per item.
Last edited by _TaZaR_ on May 26, 2019, 8:00:46 AM
Im a little concerened that they might nerf trickster ascendancy duo its popularity in the synthesis league.

Im not a therory crafter, so im not sure how well this build will function if they either nerf HoWa or trickster itself.
What would you say, would this build still be viable even if they nerf the ghost shroud/attack speed nodes?

PS: Leveling this build can be a real pain if you go straight for ES nodes and not life.
Im playing SC, so not a big deal for me, but till i reached around 2-3k ES i just ran against bosses till they where dead. I died alot of time, either through alpha damage from ranged mobs or chaos damage. Your ES is just low, resistances are a problem and if you get down to your life pool, you are straight dead.

Would be a good idea to start with, just getting the colors seems hard since its a pure strength chest.
I still use tabula (level 71) but now the Evasion Rating is kicking in, so i can evade alot of stuff around me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info