[3.7] Untouchable Ghost. 50k Evasion 10k ES HOWA Charged Dash

3.8 Update
- 3rd nerf to tricksters defense cutting ES recovery from evasion by 1/3rd. Now does seem like you need to invest into either wicked ward or ghost reaver.
- Tree needs to reroute to pick up new location of Upmost Intellect
- Damage, utility and itemisation should be the same

Build
I wanted to create something to abuse ghost shrouds as they give insane protection with high evasion. The build gets up to 50k without flasks

Hand of Wisdom and Action scales Evasion, ES & Damage off Int and the best ES/Evasion gear works well with the weapon.

There are better single target skills but charged dash maps smooth and its bossing is still serviceable. Trickster + Movement/channeling skill allows this character to run every map mod except elemental reflect

Defence
Tank
- 9-10k ES
- 40-50k Evasion (67k with Flask)
- 2,500 - 7,500 ES recovery per second from shrouds
- Stun Immune with ghost shrouds
- Fortify
- 9% less damage taken at max ghost shrouds
- 10% ES leeched per second

Avoid
- 86% Attack avoidance from Evade + Block
- 95% Attack avoidance with Flasks + Blind
- 20% Spell Dodge

The only thing that has killed me so far has been greed in delving darkness but it is a good idea to manually avoid spells where you can

Damage
- Shaper 6-link DPS is 1.65 Million at full channel without flasks
- Shaper DPS goes up to 2.3 Mil with flasks

You can get more damage here with real endgame refinement, check gear section for details

Charged dash gets a 1.5x multiplier at full channel and you spend most of your time in that state. Blade flurry or cyclone is also an option

Videos
Spoiler

3.6 Videos before the buffs
Phoenix Full clear with 6-link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgFGfZ-gr4

Taunting Minotaur as he tries to hit me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwFCOfN8bE&t

Gear
Spoiler

Gear Breakdown

Weapon
Hand of Wisdom and Action to scale damage off Intelligence

Rings
Perandus Signet rings give us extra Int per unique equipped so I use uniques in every slot

Amulet
Astramentis gives us the attributes we need

Belt
Cyclopeon Coil gives good ES and best damage. Immunity to shock and possibility of immune to ignite is a bonus

Chest
Evasion + ES variant of Atziri's Splendour is best for all resistances and high ES. Since Trickster gets more ES from evasion this version is a bit better then the double ES version. These seem to be fluctuating in price but the 1c dendrobate is almost as good

Helmet
Vertex best ES/Evasion and gives +1 to enlighten so we only need a level 1 version

Gloves
Shapers touch is very core. Scaling evasion and accuracy from Int makes it best in slot for defense and offense. Strength scaling ES also gives a great boost

Boots
Sin Trek has Int, evasion and ES. All things we need

Best slot to use your uber lab enchant too. Lightning damage, Elemental Penetration or Movement speed are all great boosts and reasonably likely to hit one of them after a few runs

Shield
Most likely to be replaced slot. Good arguments for duel claw or ES shield instead depending on if you want to boost damage or defense at the expense of the other. Atziri's mirror is a good balance between the two and super cheap so its an easier option. Also getting the 30% all resistances elsewhere can be a pain

Further Upgrades
As our gear is unique and mostly cheap most slots can be corrupted for extra benefit. The jewelry holds most value with options like increased intelligence, attack speed, discipline effect, all resistances.

The amulet can also be replaced by a well rolled rare with either %Increased all attributes + Int or an elder amulet with "1% increased damage per Intelligence" how good these amulets need to be in order to beat astramentis is pretty situational so I recommend using Pob to check on a case by case basis

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Trickster
Escape Artist is the core of the build giving protection and good attack speed. First priority.

Swift Killer next, Frenzy charges generated on kill and while channeling keeps them up all the time

Weave the arcane last, good attack speed and removing mana cost allows us to run no regen maps

Flasks
Spoiler

Jade + Quartz are defensive. Bleed and Freeze immunity are needed. Quicksilver and Silver help clearspeed. Wise oak gives best damage and elemental protection to all elements

Jewels
Spoiler

Normal Jewels
Search for jewels with 3 good stats. This build has many relevant stats which makes jewels cheaper
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/Qqpvmpcw

Two Jewels need some resistances to reach cap

Two damage jewels with any of the many good stats

Two Fertile Mind jewels and one Brute Force solution

Watchers Eye Options
- 'Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity'
Gives 2k ES, best value of them all. Allows you to cut ES nodes for damage but also most expensive.

- 'Damage Penetrates 15% Lightning Resistance while affected by Wrath'
Best damage mod, if you buy one of these you will need a level 3-4 enlighten and to swap purity of elements into wrath. This will leave you short on resistances which can be solved by jewels, notable Ash frost and storm, Int scaling elder amulet, corrupted jewelry. Some combination of options like these.

- '+30 Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline'
Impressive defense mod but the build already has a defensive focus with the ghost shrouds. I don't feel this is needed considering its price

- 'Any grace mod'
Good but not impressive. Nice addition when combined with one of the above but not worth a jewel slot by itself

Passive Skill Tree/Path of Building
Spoiler

Links

Lvl 90 Tree
www.poeurl.com/coPt

https://pastebin.com/6Jrxx63y

Gem Selection
Spoiler

Chest

Support gems in order from best to worst.
For big bosses swap lightning penetration for concentrated effect.
New support gem Pulverise seems like best option for map clear

Helm

Auras in helm for +1 to gems so only need a level 1 enlighten

3.7 adds new blood/sand aura gem which should be added into the build when you get a lvl 3 enlighten. I would put it into the boots

Boots

Ancestral Protector for blind and attack speed boost. Culling Strike is probably better then faster attacks here

Claw

CWDT setup for golem. Tempest Shield or a curse are options

Shield

Movement skill, either whirling blades or shield charge

Gloves

I did not use this setup when I ran this character but there is no reason not to. It can either be run as Curse on Hit selfcast or as part of a CWDT setup depending on if you prefer reliability or automation & gives a nice 25% lightning penetration

Pantheon
Spoiler

Soul of Lunaris for movement speed

Soul of Garukhan for movement speed once upgraded

Leveling
Spoiler

Skill
Molten Strike or Spectral Throw is good for leveling. Charged dash at level 28

All the support gems just give damage so just use whichever you have access to and whichever ones are easier to get colours for in your gear

Use Clarity instead of grace. You can swap once you get aura nodes and enough mana to sustain.

Gear
Gear progression for the character, All costs 1c or less

Jewelry has low level requirement but higher then 1c cost. They can be worn whenever you get them.

Jewelry is also a good spot to get resistances before you have jewels or levels

Tree

These are an estimate based on what my priorities were during leveling. Be flexible based on your own gear/experience and if you need more defense or offense

First Tree. Evasion, ES and getting the AOE nodes
www.poeurl.com/ckNK

Second Tree. Aura nodes, takes more then final tree so you can run grace without enlighten. Elemental overload
www.poeurl.com/ckNM

Third Tree. Take all the good nodes on the left hand side of the tree
www.poeurl.com/ckNN

Bandits
Kill all

Life/ES
I prefer to level as an ES character as soon as possible as I enjoy matching what my endgame character will be doing. Early survival is mostly on flasks and ES recharge + bated breath

If I was playing hardcore I would take life nodes/gear and use the life gain on hit from the claw + flasks to survive which would be slower and probably more boring. The evasion/trickster scaling really takes off at level 66 when you can equip the shapers gloves

Leveling with charged dash is useful as it takes time to get used to how to use the skill effectively and with fluidity

Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 6, 2019, 12:55:58 AM
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2020, 5:33:06 PM
reserved
This looks brilliant. Just what im looking for. Something tanky!
Going to level a shadow tonight just for this build!
Currently leveling this, but i've got 13% to all resistances with the leveling gear.
Should i just buy lots of rares to be capped for now?
Why have you got elemental weakness activated on Path of Building?
"
Wiizper wrote:
Currently leveling this, but i've got 13% to all resistances with the leveling gear.
Should i just buy lots of rares to be capped for now?

I used ring slots to get resistances but its fine to not be capped during leveling. Atziri's mirror gives 30 later on and you get it from various sources of the tree

"
MrLawlesso wrote:

This build uses elemental weakness in its CWDT setup or as a curse on hit corruption on the gloves. At the time of posting the pastebin I was simulating the CoH version which is why its only a level 10/0 version of the gem but the full leveled gem in CWDT works just as well and would give a bit more

I also tested enfeeble for a bit but since its 3.6 nerf it doesn't do much on bosses, less worth
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
MrLawlesso wrote:

This build uses elemental weakness in its CWDT setup or as a curse on hit corruption on the gloves. At the time of posting the pastebin I was simulating the CoH version which is why its only a level 10/0 version of the gem but the full leveled gem in CWDT works just as well and would give a bit more

I also tested enfeeble for a bit but since its 3.6 nerf it doesn't do much on bosses, less worth

Thanks for the response. I've been looking for a fun jank build to play with trickster and this looks perfect! I'll report back after leveling it!
Last edited by MrLawlesso on Mar 19, 2019, 12:23:18 AM
I tried it out and it's been fun so far, I'm not achieving your dps numbers but I think that's because my jewels aren't good enough and I also need the right colors in my chest.

Also, as a suggestion, for bosses, you should take out elemental focus and replace it with conc so that you can shock. With conductivity and no ele focus, I have 25% chance to shock.

Spoiler

Hello!
I wanted to play something new, so i started chill leveling this character about 11 hours ago, and ive had a blast playing it so far.

I just need to get the Body armour and an Enlighten gem, and i can start pushing higher tier maps.

Thanks for the guide! Charged dash is REALLY fun!
Hi Waffle,
this looks very promising, i will def respec my soulrend trickster to this. Got already all the gear, just need to farm some currency for regrets and high Level gems.
Thinking about replacing dash with blade flurry for single target damage.
And do you think watchers eye with "+% to Evasion while under grace" will be worth? Or is it Overkill?
Thanks for the build!

Last edited by TheDoomsdayDevice on Mar 19, 2019, 8:28:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info