[3.7] Untouchable Ghost. 50k Evasion 10k ES HOWA Charged Dash

So how would this build do in a pure Chayula breachtone? Clearing with CD and Chayula with BF. He does have chaos damage which shouldn't be a problem and also heavy physical damage.
I will only have one shot as its in SSF and took forever to collect the stones.
I should have most of the core items except the ones from über Atziri but there are alternatives for that.
Last edited by McZuzlak on Mar 21, 2019, 8:47:15 AM
Hi,

I'm currently leveling this build, it's nice to finally see a hybrid ES/ER build!

I have two questions though: first, what's your opinion on acrobatics/phase acrobatics? Acro used to reduce ES by 50% and the number was changed to 30% to, I quote, "better enable hybrid ES/ER builds", what do you think ? And second, the chance to evade is very high, but in my (pretty thin) experience with ER builds, spells tend to kill me a lot, and I'm afraid fights with a lot of spells like Uber Elder could be very deadly without some kind of leech (we only gain one ghost shroud per second...) How's your experience in such encounters?

Thanks in again, and thanks for the build!
"
McZuzlak wrote:
So how would this build do in a pure Chayula breachtone? Clearing with CD and Chayula with BF. He does have chaos damage which shouldn't be a problem and also heavy physical damage.
I will only have one shot as its in SSF and took forever to collect the stones.
I should have most of the core items except the ones from über Atziri but there are alternatives for that.

This build seems like an odd choice to try SSF, its very unique heavy.

I havn't done Chayula this character only Uul-Netol but If you can take down the guardians I don't see why you can't take down Chayula

"
Vatinas wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently leveling this build, it's nice to finally see a hybrid ES/ER build!

I have two questions though: first, what's your opinion on acrobatics/phase acrobatics? Acro used to reduce ES by 50% and the number was changed to 30% to, I quote, "better enable hybrid ES/ER builds", what do you think ? And second, the chance to evade is very high, but in my (pretty thin) experience with ER builds, spells tend to kill me a lot, and I'm afraid fights with a lot of spells like Uber Elder could be very deadly without some kind of leech (we only gain one ghost shroud per second...) How's your experience in such encounters?

Thanks in again, and thanks for the build!

Phase acrobactics might be worth it for 1 or 2 points but not 8. The points spent pathing there and on regular acrobatics/attack dodge nodes are wasted points as the character is already practically immune to attacks.

"only 1 ghost shroud per second" I think is underestimating their effect. The primary defense of this build is not the evade chance or the 20% spell dodge but the ghost shrouds.

A standard 10k ES build at capped Ghost reaver leech gains 2,000 ES per second. This build gets 2,500 ES per second + 1,000 ES per second from leech + you spend 99% of the time with more then 1 ghost shroud so your regen potential is much higher then that minimum threshhold

Its kind of comparable to slayer leech how it stacks up when not getting hit and continues overhealing you while re-positioning and doing other things.

That being said Uber elder probably is too much of a cluster bomb of exclusively spell content. I think the build could do it but probably not deathless. I think this character is more a fast mapper/guardian/shaper farmer then uber elder.
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 21, 2019, 10:50:31 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
Phase acrobactics might be worth it for 1 or 2 points but not 8. The points spent pathing there and on regular acrobatics/attack dodge nodes are wasted points as the character is already practically immune to attacks.

"only 1 ghost shroud per second" I think is underestimating their effect. The primary defense of this build is not the evade chance or the 20% spell dodge but the ghost shrouds.

A standard 10k ES build at capped Ghost reaver leech gains 2,000 ES per second. This build gets 2,500 ES per second + 1,000 ES per second from leech + you spend 99% of the time with more then 1 ghost shroud so your regen potential is much higher then that minimum threshhold

Its kind of comparable to slayer leech how it stacks up when not getting hit and continues overhealing you while re-positioning and doing other things. I have not tried uber elder yet and I think I should probably get some more damage first but on the defensive front I'm more comfortable with this character then anything else I've played even against spells

Alright, thanks for the answer :) I'll see how it goes!
How does this fare with a Kintsugi or a Qotf?
Overall, seems like a solid build as I also wanted to do a charged dash build with the new infusion gem support.
I've been trying to min/max this build as much as possible because I like it so much :) and I still had a couple questions:

1. does PoB reflect 100% damage? so when you're at max charged dash it's 150% of that number?
2. Pob also doesn't seem accurate because of the mechanics of charged dash. I.e. if I do little circles then I can overlap one enemy 2-3 times, which would imply 2-3x the damage.

If I'm right about the above, my PoB says 1.3m (with flasks) which means it's 1.95m when the illusion has finished moving then 4-6m (with the overlapping).

Here's my current setup: https://pastebin.com/ny7p2chv

Major changes I made was to incorporate culling strike, Haste, Phase Run, and Rotgut flask (which I have up 100% of the time) and swapped elemental focus for conc so I can shock 44% of the time.

Thanks again for this build, it's my new favorite.
Hey Im thinkin about doing this build, it seems awesome, what about uber elder?... Thanks...
Last edited by Vyr75 on Mar 21, 2019, 5:52:10 PM
"
Miik4 wrote:
How does this fare with a Kintsugi or a Qotf?
Overall, seems like a solid build as I also wanted to do a charged dash build with the new infusion gem support.

Qotf would be good for clear. I also looked at the chest. Lose a chunk of ES and really tough to get the right colours though

"
SleepyXtreme wrote:
I've been trying to min/max this build as much as possible because I like it so much :) and I still had a couple questions:

1. does PoB reflect 100% damage? so when you're at max charged dash it's 150% of that number?
2. Pob also doesn't seem accurate because of the mechanics of charged dash. I.e. if I do little circles then I can overlap one enemy 2-3 times, which would imply 2-3x the damage.

If I'm right about the above, my PoB says 1.3m (with flasks) which means it's 1.95m when the illusion has finished moving then 4-6m (with the overlapping).

Here's my current setup: https://pastebin.com/ny7p2chv

Major changes I made was to incorporate culling strike, Haste, Phase Run, and Rotgut flask (which I have up 100% of the time) and swapped elemental focus for conc so I can shock 44% of the time.

Thanks again for this build, it's my new favorite.

1. Pob does not apply the multiplier so yes it should be 1.95 Mil when at full distance
2. According to the wiki the aoe cannot overlap. This is inconsistent with other skills but understandable as that would be overpowered and very obvious as the difference between 2 mill and 6 mill would be immediately apparent

Getting a lvl 4 enlighten is a good but expensive upgrade and does allow for swapping out purity of elements for a different aura (after finding alternative resistances). I would have chosen wrath over haste though it has almost double the damage and the build already gets quite alot of movement speed. It also enables getting the "lightning pen while effected by wrath" watchers eye which is a solid damage boost too

I dislike shock in general but in particular for builds like this one that are heavy on attack speed. shaper has 18,328,731 Life so to fully shock him a single lightning hit would need to be 1,832,873 dmg. Even to get just a 1% more damage shock you need to do a 366,574 individual lightning hit

Your characters individual hit range is between 14,162 - 170,279 flasked (21,243 - 255,418 at full channel) which is just too low since most of the DPS comes from attack speed not a single large hit. Even lower bosses that are not hard enough that you really need shock have this problem. Hydra needs a hit of 190,753 to get a 1% more damage shock which is only just within your range and won't actually increase your damage very much

Culling strike on the totems is correct. I always forget to put them down anyway so tend to underutilise them. Glad you are having fun.

"
Vyr75 wrote:
Hey Im thinkin about doing this build, it seems awesome, what about uber elder?... Thanks...

I think the build could do uber elder with modifications (blade flurry use, maybe some defense upgrades) but its not really the target of the build. Its more about smooth mapping and guardian farming. Pretty good at uber lab and master content too
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 21, 2019, 10:42:05 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
I dislike shock in general but in particular for builds like this one that are heavy on attack speed. shaper has 18,328,731 Life so to fully shock him a single lightning hit would need to be 1,832,873 dmg. Even to get just a 1% more damage shock you need to do a 366,574 individual lightning hit

If i'm understanding shock mechanic right, you are little miscalculated. For 1% more damage without any increases of shock chances you need only 0.2% of mob's HP, so in case with Shaper it is just 36,657 hit, so with average 14,162 - 170,279 flasked (21,243 - 255,418 at full channel) you can get up to 7-8% of more damage.
"
Asmodeixl wrote:

If i'm understanding shock mechanic right, you are little miscalculated. For 1% more damage without any increases of shock chances you need only 0.2% of mob's HP, so in case with Shaper it is just 36,657 hit, so with average 14,162 - 170,279 flasked (21,243 - 255,418 at full channel) you can get up to 7-8% of more damage.

Well corrected I made an error calculating the threshold.

I rechecked because it didn't seem probable to me that dash would be getting shocks that high against shaper and noticed that their pastebin target was not set to shaper and had 'shocked' ticked which applies a full 50% more shock which will not be happening in this case

New Math
Their top-end flasked individual hit is 77,098 (115,647 full channel)

Requirement to get the 1% minimum shock is 36,657 individual lightning hit so with good luck a 3-4% shock is obtainable and against lesser bosses like hydra you can shock up to 6-7% more damage.

However they are using added lightning damage support which gives 24% more damage while as elemental focus gives 50% more damage so until the build is capable of inflicting a 26% more damage shock then focus will result in better and more consistent damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info