[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Man Blight league is pissing me off, so I thought I'd play some wander in STD, very first map this happens:
Guess I'm done with POE for a while. My computer def. isn't trash, performance this patch is absolute trash.
"
amadnei wrote:
hey, I played with your build a build in POB,
you should checkout Scion too.

I was able to get the same damage, and + 400k dps when using berserker.

( Deadeye, + path of ranger, + berserker )

Yeah but then you lose elemental status immunity from being a Pathfinder with that. Therefore you have to sacrifice flask suffixes to remedy that instead of being able to use all dps flasks.
Last edited by andrew8448 on Sep 16, 2019, 3:25:47 PM
"
amadnei wrote:
hey, I played with your build a build in POB,
you should checkout Scion too.

I was able to get the same damage, and + 400k dps when using berserker.

( Deadeye, + path of ranger, + berserker )

The goal isn't only what's the highest number you can get on POB, it's what's the best dps you can get in practical/realistic situations, with survivability factored in as well.

POB numbers aren't always good at reflecting what's the best real dps. And one issue is what the poster above mentioned.

In POB, it assumes your flasks are permanently up, which isn't always true for any class other than Pathfinder. In a 2-3minute long Uber Elder fight, Pathfinder wanders will have higher dps than all other classes, because its flasks are up almost the entire fight. Same with other multi-phase bosses like Chimera + Uber Atziri.

Assassin/Trickster based wanders also beat ranger wanders by far in POB dps, but I've played a wander with almost every ascendancy even including weird ones like Saboteur, Hierophant, etc, and in the end pathfinder has always been superior for endgame.

Not to mention that Pathfinder has reduced elemental damage taken on tree, which makes you tankier and flask effect buffing Taste of Hate. With a Deadeye, I had 2mil more dps than Pathfinder on POB, but I couldn't even finish half the Uber Elder fight using endgame gear. With a Pathfinder I could do it deathless with a Tabula + Poet's Pen. Yet POB shows Deadeye is much better.

And that's the other thing, with a Deadeye I couldn't even level past low 90s because I died way too often to random rippy encounters like Betrayal/Legion. With a Pathfinder, it still happens but way less due to stronger TOH and reduced ele damage taken. Using Scion Berserker is going to increase your damage taken by 5% which will make trying to progress even worse than Deadeye.

If your aim isn't to do all content, you can use nearly any ascendancy that gives damage and it'll be perfectly fine
Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 16, 2019, 4:07:59 PM
"
NameMerken wrote:
Man Blight league is pissing me off, so I thought I'd play some wander in STD, very first map this happens:
Guess I'm done with POE for a while. My computer def. isn't trash, performance this patch is absolute trash.

Yeah I know how you feel bro. I started out this league but ragequit after performance issues. My IRL friend is still playing the league using this build, so I just go over to his house and playtest when I'm free and record boss fights etc lol.

Good thing they are going to release a patch tomorrow that should fix most of these issues. You should check again tomorrow see if it gets any better
In my planned PoB i have 11 mil dps with barrage. I was wondering if it would be worth dropping "Shock nearby enemies when you focus" from my ring (since I did want to take it) and replace it with +1 min Endurance charge. Same would be crafted on the other ring. For the final charge I would anoint Disciple of the Unyielding just as Sunshine suggested.

With that, I would have permanent 3 frenzy and endurance charges and pretty much 3 power charges since I use Power siphon.

Dropping Shock craft would decrease my potential dps by ~4 mil but on the other hand, that 11 mil would only be active for 4 seconds while +3 endurance charge's 12% phys mitigation would be active forever. Oh, and endurance charges grant all res!

edit: this is kinda what it would look like: https://pastebin.com/C4Hsy9Kz
Last edited by SummerMelody on Sep 17, 2019, 5:11:25 AM
Yeah 3 perma End. charges is big, definitely worth dropping burst damage as you generally have too much DPS with Barrage anyways, it's the KB's damage to kill rares that's the problem.

The all res helps with gearing as long as you don't change anything about your rings and annoint (also ammy too).

"
SummerMelody wrote:
In my planned PoB i have 11 mil dps with barrage. I was wondering if it would be worth dropping "Shock nearby enemies when you focus" from my ring (since I did want to take it) and replace it with +1 min Endurance charge. Same would be crafted on the other ring. For the final charge I would anoint Disciple of the Unyielding just as Sunshine suggested.

With that, I would have permanent 3 frenzy and endurance charges and pretty much 3 power charges since I use Power siphon.

Dropping Shock craft would decrease my potential dps by ~4 mil but on the other hand, that 11 mil would only be active for 4 seconds while +3 endurance charge's 12% phys mitigation would be active forever. Oh, and endurance charges grant all res!

Just a heads up for future reference, the shock from "Shock nearby enemies when you focus" isn't a 50% shock, it's 20% increased damage taken shock. So your actual DPS with it would be 9.5mil instead of the 11 you said. Most sources of non-hit related shocks are 20% unless stated otherwise (example: Vessel of Vinktar states that it's shock is 10% increased damage taken).
I've added a new section under passive tree for the option to take Revenge of the Hunted. So far, it seems the damage has been fine for all content, but life pool is somewhat lacking. Taking this cluster should enable you to have around 5.2k at the bare minimum.

I've also adjusted the defensive version of each POB tree to reflect this change.

I've also removed Lightning Golem from the gem section. Too often, some mob does an attack (especially in syndicate encounters) where it chains off your golem and hits you. Also, by replacing your golem with Blood Rage in the shield, you can then quick swap weapons to end the Blood Rage degen. This is a huge QOL. You also get either Vaal Haste for good burst damage, Vaal Grace for more defense, or a movement skill like Flame Dash for those annoying platforms. All three of things combined is well worth giving up the little bit of attack speed from the golem.

I think I'm done updating the temp league version of the guide for the most part. Time to move onto the mirrored wander section.

"
SummerMelody wrote:
Spoiler

Yes I think it's worth taking endurance charges for the rings. As Z4ktan mentioned above, the shock on POB is incorrect for most cases since it's 50% when in reality most sources of shock gives 20%.

Unless you plan on farming T16 guardians and uber elder all day, there's pretty much no need to stack that much damage. You should have plenty for any tier of regular maps, so it's much more important to focus on tankiness. The only scenario where you would need huge burst damage is for those stupid unique Blight bosses. But I usually don't even bother when they appear because they seem to have 2x more life than Uber Elder. It's ridiculously overtuned atm. I plan on adding +1 endurance to the ring section soon.

Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 17, 2019, 8:03:55 PM
Just want to chime in and tell everyone that I got the craft for my gloves from SoapyBlast, who Enahkra recommend. The guy is super friendly and nice, helped me with my gloves too lol, can finally ditch my Hrimmsorrow. (i got a Watcher's Eye)

The res is a bit meh, I wanted life (better than what I can craft) and T1 att. sp. but Soap and I both think that's a bit ambitious so I'm gonna stack damage on my shield instead.

Last edited by oMySunshine on Sep 18, 2019, 1:32:49 AM
Guys pretty important announcement regarding a change to the build.

If you are playing a Pathfinder, the viridian +2 mana gain on hit jewel is no longer required. Reason is because we are forced to take Primal Spirit in 3.7, which gives us a larger mana pool. This raised our leech cap so that leech + regen alone can offset the mana cost of barrage.

In no regen maps your mana leech will be slightly lower than your barrage cost, but this should still be fine. It would take around 7-8 seconds of nonstop barraging for you to run out of mana in no regen maps, and that's a pretty uncommon situation to be in.

As for Raider/Deadeye, they have higher attack rates as well as smaller mana pools so viridian +2 will still be mandatory for those two ascendancies.

So if you're Pathfinder at the moment, consider swapping the +2 mana for a regular dps jewel. Sorry for the inconvenience, this totally went over my head until now.

With this change Raider and Pathfinder should have approx. the same level of damage except the latter has perma sustain.

"
oMySunshine wrote:
Spoiler
Just want to chime in and tell everyone that I got the craft for my gloves from SoapyBlast, who Enahkra recommend. The guy is super friendly and nice, helped me with my gloves too lol, can finally ditch my Hrimmsorrow. (i got a Watcher's Eye)

The res is a bit meh, I wanted life (better than what I can craft) and T1 att. sp. but Soap and I both think that's a bit ambitious so I'm gonna stack damage on my shield instead.

Nice. If you're able to get 4-5% double damage on your shield. that should give around the same dps as the hybrid crit + ele damage on gloves perhaps even slightly more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info