[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

I'll work on the uber elder kill.
My shield is a temple mod
👉😳👈
Using a Piscator's Vigil elemental damage build. Can someone or OP give an idea of how Phys wanding compares to Ele when it comes to KB builds? Is it worth it for better clear/Boss fighting? Or just a different path to the same end?
"
HeyKou wrote:
I'll work on the uber elder kill.
My shield is a temple mod

Ah no wonder; that makes sense now thanks!

"
Using a Piscator's Vigil elemental damage build. Can someone or OP give an idea of how Phys wanding compares to Ele when it comes to KB builds? Is it worth it for better clear/Boss fighting? Or just a different path to the same end?

The answer is: it depends. In the 30-40 ex budget range, phys is tankier and higher dps than ele wanders. I've been tracking all wander builds made this league via poe.ninja builds and the ones with high dps have always been phys wanders. Ele wanders were usually around 500k-1mil shaper dps with the occasional guy at 2mil+. Phys wanders (pretty much all the ones on poe.ninja followed this guide) on the other hand had at least 3mil+ and some in the 6mil-12mil range, especially when league was still more active. The highest damage pathfinder last time I checked was a guy who followed this guide with 12mil shaper dps. (note poe ninja dps does not factor in point blank etc, so real dps is much higher).

At lower levels of investment between 20-30 ex, I think it depends. I haven't done enough testing in this range to know for sure but my guess is they're comparable since Poet's Pen is the phys wander's version of Piscator's. It boils down to how good you are at gearing your jewel + jewelry slots.

As for below 20 ex budget, it's pretty difficult to pull off bossing with a wander, regardless of type. Wanders in general are not implicitly high damage builds so you need to be lvl 90-92+ (92+ recommended) with at least 20-25+ ex worth of GOOD investment (some people pay a lot for shitty gear and end up with shit dps despite sinking lots of cash in) to even contemplate smooth bossing (uber elder). Otherwise you're stuck with the stereotypical wander running low tier maps all day.

Phys wanders are less straightforward to build than ele ones, b/c the mechanics are slightly more complicated. Therefore, you have a higher risk of hurting your dps if you make bad gearing decisions (ie overspend on unimportant areas and under-spend on the important stuff). Not correctly following guide instructions and deciding to add your own spin to it is often more punishing for a newcomer to phys wanding than for ele. Anyways, this guide has pretty much everything you need to not screw up assuming you take the time to read it thoroughly, so it's not that big of a deal.

If your budget is like 150 ex+ then yeah both ele and phys are pretty much different paths to the same end.

Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 25, 2019, 7:08:40 PM
Hi, great guide. I have a choice between a higher pdps wand 340 with no ele resist penetration and a lower pdps wand 310 with ele resist penetration. Which would be recommended?
"
gbkilla3 wrote:
Hi, great guide. I have a choice between a higher pdps wand 340 with no ele resist penetration and a lower pdps wand 310 with ele resist penetration. Which would be recommended?

Hey there thanks! You should definitely get the wand with ele pen instead of higher pdps. A ~310 pdps wand with ele pen gives more dps a ~360 pdps wand w/o pen.
Hi there,

In your opinion, is this built capable of quickly killing Uber Elder + MF? (Investment would be 50-80ex)

I'm looking for a build that can do all content and is good for farming, it doesn't have to have the best clearspeed, but it has to be decent.

Thanks
"
IkarusRDS wrote:
Hi there,

In your opinion, is this built capable of quickly killing Uber Elder + MF? (Investment would be 50-80ex)

I'm looking for a build that can do all content and is good for farming, it doesn't have to have the best clearspeed, but it has to be decent.

Thanks

Yes, easily if you follow my guide correctly and self-craft most of the items. The price tag if you multimod everything is around 35-40 ex, and I would not recommend paying beyond that unless you aim for min-maxing. You must be able to reach lvl 92+ though, lvl 95+ preferred, which isn't hard in standard b/c no overtuned temp league mechanics. The second POB provided in the POB section of the guide has all the details on a mostly self-crafted wander (~7m shaper dps).

Uber Elder requires some practice at first like for most uber-viable builds, but once you get it down it's fast and easy. I'm not sure if you're a new player, but it may be risky playing this build as a beginner due to knowledge required to gear up. Everything is provided in the guide though, so if you follow it precisely, you should have no problems.

If it's actually your first character ever, you should consider cyclone duelist as it's more meta, and less punishing/more straightforward to gear up. I'm not sure how good it is for MF though.

edit: may have misunderstood your question. If you mean being able to both uber elder and full MF at the same time, then no this build can't do that. It's capable of swapping gear to be mf for lower tier maps or high damage setup for bossing, but it can't do endgame bosses with full MF. It might be able to do partial MF for guardians+ depending on investment.
Last edited by Enahkra on Jul 30, 2019, 3:07:03 PM
Was arguing with this dude on Reddit and saw he made a good point: Divine beast.

There's a beast that reroll the explicit and implicit numerical value of an item, which to us basically means a Divine Orb but it's MUCH CHEAPER WOOOO.

The only hassle is you have to use a replacement item when you fight the beast. A Tabula when rerolling Loreweave and Poet's Pen when rerolling wand.

EDIT: This is why I hate Reddit, this dude came out of nowhere and he keeps picking on the build, which I don't know very well. [img]https://i.imgur.com/aedC74o.png[/img]

EDIT: For anyone looking at this, Divine beast can't reroll uniques BUT you can still reroll gloves, wand easily.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Aug 10, 2019, 11:51:29 PM
"
oMySunshine wrote:
Was arguing with this dude on Reddit and saw he made a good point: Divine beast.

There's a beast that rerolls the explicit and implicit numerical value of an item, which to us basically means a Divine Orb but it's MUCH CHEAPER WOOOO.

The only hassle is you have to use a replacement item when you fight the beast. A Tabula when rerolling Loreweave and Poet's Pen when rerolling wand.

The other hassle is that you have to stock up on them, and not a lot of people sell those in bulk. The time spent rerolling via beast + checking if you hit the desired rolls + buying additional beasts might make it too tedious for some people or even not cost-productive, especially those tossing many divines on things. Currently the beast is 5c, and divine is around 25c, but the difference was smaller earlier in league. It's only b/c league is dying that divines are starting to reach std prices, so the savings is less earlier in league.

I'll probably add that onto the guide somewhere during the next update. I'm worried that it's seriously becoming too excessively long though lol.

Also, arguing on reddit eh? Sounds fun. I stopped checking reddit regularly. It's healthier that way b/c you get exposed to less stupid shit lol.
Last edited by Enahkra on Aug 1, 2019, 6:39:51 PM
[Removed by Support]

Also the beast, yeah the difference is small in the early league phase but if it's around ~15-20c or more, then it's quite economical in the long run. Not many people know this beast and buying it so it should sells like hot cakes anyways.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Aug 2, 2019, 7:12:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info