[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

I just got to maps and had an exalt orb drop for me. Should I spend it on getting a great shield w/ +1 summon totems and spell damage. Or get an average +1summon totem shield and upgrade rest of gear? Thanks!
"
inco2 wrote:
I just got to maps and had an exalt orb drop for me. Should I spend it on getting a great shield w/ +1 summon totems and spell damage. Or get an average +1summon totem shield and upgrade rest of gear? Thanks!

Personally i'd focus on upgrading the rest of your gear. A half decent wand/scepter with +1 to all fire gems for example can be an absolute game changer if you're still using something you found while leveling. You should still get a cheap +1 totem shield though.
"
Personally i'd focus on upgrading the rest of your gear. A half decent wand/scepter with +1 to all fire gems for example can be an absolute game changer if you're still using something you found while leveling. You should still get a cheap +1 totem shield though.

Thank you!
so far i've had a nice time with this build, i'm currently towards the end of yellow maps and starting to have some issues with living. could anyone recommend me some ways to help with that? my damage has been more than fine.

https://pastebin.com/QTbhdWnR
"
Diggingbear wrote:
so far i've had a nice time with this build, i'm currently towards the end of yellow maps and starting to have some issues with living. could anyone recommend me some ways to help with that? my damage has been more than fine.

https://pastebin.com/QTbhdWnR

Biggest one would be to pick up Vaal Molten Shell. Even though we don't have a huge amount of armour I found my survivability increased hugely in mapping when I started to properly use that. You basically activate it whenever things start looking a bit sketchy in terms of mob placement and it gives you some breathing room.

Beyond that I'd recommend reallocating some points around so that you can grab the two nearby jewel sockets and grabbing some cheap +%max life jewels.

Is there a finish version of the skill tree? I was thinking of following the OP's freezing pulse totem skill tree since its almost identical.
Sorry if this has been answered but with 38 pages of posts and people already commenting on the mace weapon with no mention of the skill tree...

Why all the skill points allotted to Staff buffs when you suggest a Mace & shield?

I was following your freezing pulse build for 3.9 so far but have held off on the staff skills until finding a decent staff. I took a look at this one and noticed the scepter but also noticed the similar skill tree that has the staff buffs, contrary to running a mace.

Maybe one of the pastebin links are wrong or I'm missing something, I've been away for a few years. I do appreciate the thoroughness of your guides.

Keep up the good work
Crux
"
IronCrux wrote:
Maybe one of the pastebin links are wrong or I'm missing something, I've been away for a few years.
I don't see any staff nodes on the poe.url version, if you've been away did you update your POB?
Ahh... I used the Path of Building import which seems to be the same tree as the Freezing Pulse build which is staff.

Thanks, Vik.

Edit...

Actually - I see the issue now. Part my using Path of Building wrong and part bad link.

The bad link is on the main Templar build page where Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems link actually points to the Crit. Staff Cyclone build.

Having imported that build into PoB first, didn't realize I was not successfully importing the skill maps from Wallach's builds.

Guess I'm doing Crit Staff Cyclone now.
Last edited by IronCrux on Dec 29, 2019, 1:57:53 PM
I'm thinking switching to Freezing Pulse version - any idea if it's worth it? Damage is a bit better but are there any major pros beside?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info