[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
Malyniak wrote:
I'm thinking switching to Freezing Pulse version - any idea if it's worth it? Damage is a bit better but are there any major pros beside?

any thoughts on comparison with FP version? boss dps/ survival/ mapping?
im playing this fine so far but i keep dying on red maps :(
Hey!
I love your build and I played it as league starter.
Sadly in the T11-Maps I keep dying, it feels a bit "squishy" in the endgame.
I compared the defensive stats from your POB-Link and my Char and got no bad aberration of my defensive-values. I took fortify with me. I have the feeling that "normal" hits hit hard. At T11-Maps i decided to switch to an other character, but I don#t sell the items of my Templar, because I will have a track of your thread here :-)
Thanks for this build!
I used this as my league starter. I love it. I've smashed everything so far, and I'm working my way through maps. I'm beginning to wonder whether I've hit a wall improving my gear. Can someone look? In POB I seem to still be way off the numbers I saw in the OP.
Current Gear at LVL 90

My pob is: https://pastebin.com/030y47Z9 which shows me at about 1/4 the dps (and I'm still easily clearing t14). Is this mostly from his 483% increased vs my 224%? Replacements that add projectile/spell on top of the stats get pricey!
"
aka2411 wrote:
"
Malyniak wrote:
I'm thinking switching to Freezing Pulse version - any idea if it's worth it? Damage is a bit better but are there any major pros beside?

any thoughts on comparison with FP version? boss dps/ survival/ mapping?
im playing this fine so far but i keep dying on red maps :(

Eventually I decided not to. It's pointless imo. I did Sirus 8 with Holy Flame without any problem - 2+milion shaper dps. Now I will try to play something that provides much more fun playstyle.

What I love in this build - it's a great starter (best I ever did but I'm not hc player tho), very cheap, easy to gear (no problem getting max res or attributes and all this shit as you only use str/int skills), very easy to play (only 2 active skills), has very good aoe and single target. Feels safe with around 8k eHP - you can still get one shotted ofc by some metamorphs or mobs with powerful mods. Totems are pretty hard to kill, unless you do ele reflect.

I really recommend it to new or casual players.

Thx Wallach for great totem builds!

My current gear:

I could still spend some currency to get upgrades but it's not even necessary.
"
Malyniak wrote:
Eventually I decided not to. It's pointless imo. I did Sirus 8 with Holy Flame without any problem - 2+milion shaper dps.
There are few advantages of this build over freezing pulse, and these are mostly tied to the fact you aren't locked to soul mantle chest, so you can get chest with a lot of life and other stats, and you don't have to find workarounds for self-cursing (no kikazarus or aztiri's shield required), this makes holy flame totem build much cheaper than the other one (you need 6l soul mantle for freezing pulse to be good).

You also don't need so many jewel sockets (freezing pulse needs 2 threshold jewels and self-flagellation).

Downsides? You aren't chilling / freezing things, and probably have less dps due to no self-flagellation.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 10, 2020, 10:12:00 PM
I'm level 71 and I have reached the end of your skill tree. Do you have an updated one, or any advice where to go from there? I just started act 10 and wondering what to do with my skill point(s) P.S. This was one of the smoothest leveling experiences I have ever had.
Last edited by NastyExile on Jan 15, 2020, 11:30:36 AM
"
NastyExile wrote:
I'm level 71 and I have reached the end of your skill tree. Do you have an updated one, or any advice where to go from there? I just started act 10 and wondering what to do with my skill point(s) P.S. This was one of the smoothest leveling experiences I have ever had.
On bottom left side next to update / about buttons there should be button with drop down to choose levelling trees for different levels, you must be looking at a levelling version.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
NastyExile wrote:
On bottom left side next to update / about buttons there should be button with drop down to choose levelling trees for different levels, you must be looking at a levelling version.

Thank you very much!
"
"For your helm enchant, the new Holy Flame Totem enchant that makes enemies take 9% more damage while in the totem's consecrated ground will be the highest single target boost, the 30% Projectile Speed enchant will be the best overall enchant for map clearing to improve the totem's range, and the basic 40% increased Holy Flame Totem damage is the middle ground between the two."

I'm loving this build and am about to craft myself an endgame helmet. Question on helmet enchants:

Why would the 9% more damage on consecrated ground do more damage than the straight 40% increased Holy Flame Totem damage enchant?

Thanks for the guide!
"
Jayaargh wrote:
"
"For your helm enchant, the new Holy Flame Totem enchant that makes enemies take 9% more damage while in the totem's consecrated ground will be the highest single target boost, the 30% Projectile Speed enchant will be the best overall enchant for map clearing to improve the totem's range, and the basic 40% increased Holy Flame Totem damage is the middle ground between the two."

I'm loving this build and am about to craft myself an endgame helmet. Question on helmet enchants:

Why would the 9% more damage on consecrated ground do more damage than the straight 40% increased Holy Flame Totem damage enchant?

Thanks for the guide!
Increased damage is not the same as more damage. Increased has diminishing returns because you'll already have plenty of that type of stat from a lot of sources, while enemies take more damage type of stat is fairly rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info