[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

is it worth going for +1 totem on a poor shield vs double wand for mapping?
currently just started atlas and going smoothly at T1-T5 :D
Last edited by aka2411 on Dec 19, 2019, 12:54:47 PM
"
aka2411 wrote:

I made the switch a few days ago and I would say yes, it's worth it. My shield was ~20c. If you can get one for cheaper, I'd say go for it. I'm a POB noob, but I believe the DPS calculation is based on one totem. Therefore the DPS loss I calculated with the shield was well made up by multiplying the damage by 4 instead of 3.
"
aka2411 wrote:

Almost always, yeah. The extra totem is basically a flat +25% more dps, and it makes your clear better.
Does anyone have thoughts on utilizing the empty slots (typically on a weapon)? I know Wallach originally said you could do a golem with CWDT, but it wasn't really his thing so he didn't include it.

Any other thoughts on this?
"
Nikkon3121 wrote:
Does anyone have thoughts on utilizing the empty slots (typically on a weapon)? I know Wallach originally said you could do a golem with CWDT, but it wasn't really his thing so he didn't include it.

Any other thoughts on this?
I ended up last season slotting the curse in the weapon and using the spare 4-link for:
Pyroclasm mine (can still damage through ancestral bond nps) + charged mines (easy frenzy / power charge generation) + inspiration (for faster restacking when it drops by totems exceeding the mana cap) + combustion (for the -fire res debuff from ignite since totems cannot ignite due to elemental focus).

It kinda filled the downtime between planting totems making the playstyle less boring. But if you prefer passive playstyle, this is probably not a good option.

Also not an option if you play with clear mind jewel but tbh I used the 2 synthesized herald of ash rings rather than essence worm, so it wasn't included anyway.
hi got a question if you have a helmet with nearby enemy have minus 9 fire resistance does it work with totem for extra dps?

path of building show no dps upgrade

thx
I've comfortably killed t15-16 Elderslayers with this build, but my only attempt at Sirus was a complete disaster. Feels like this build isn't nearly tanky enough to get through that nightmare, but theres probably a lot to be said for the fact i was doing the fight blind.
"
Hypershot1 wrote:
I've comfortably killed t15-16 Elderslayers with this build, but my only attempt at Sirus was a complete disaster. Feels like this build isn't nearly tanky enough to get through that nightmare, but theres probably a lot to be said for the fact i was doing the fight blind.
I've heard people saying you need a lot of chaos resist for awakener / some metamorph fights and that's the part most non CI builds flat out ignored in past seasons, especially for a build that doesn't use atziri's promise or anything similar in its core.
Been working with the build and got most of the required part, but feel kinda squishy and not dealing enough dmg at T10-T15 esp at dealing with meta boss every map :D
Looking into putting more currency in but idk if it helps much, maybe switching to FP is the better choice here?
I'm now confident that this build 100% can kill Sirus. I managed to push Sirus to phase 3 in one attempt before dying to the stupid storms 5 times, and those things kill anyone so its just a mechanical issue and not a build issue for me so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info