[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
Quick question: we take a bunch of crit chance/damage, but we also use controlled destruction in the 6-link setup. Does ConDes not shut off the totem's ability to crit?
Nope, if you have 500% increased crit and 100% reduced, you still get 400% increase.

Btw don't get too happy about big numbers, the "400%" or w/e counts from base crit chance that's like 5% or so... so 5% * 4 is 20% chance to crit.

You will crit more with Diamond flask up and numbers above aren't accurate but you get the idea.

"
DagonQQ wrote:
One question. Isn't Ele focus disable Combustion's -fire res when ignited since we can't apply ele ailments?
You still get 29% more damage part even without ignite.

Feel free to replace it with inspiration if you feel confident with keeping stacks up, it was already good last season and it got even buffed in 3.9.

It is also possible to link both the totem and some cheapo no cooldown spell with inspiration and whenever stacks drop, rebuild them with the secondary spell and they will buff the totem (they buff every skill linked to inspiration support across your character). The spell needs to cost mana, but doesn't need to deal damage.

It says in the tooltip "Minions, Totems, Traps and Mines cannot gain Inspiration Charges." but don't worry, it works like power / frenzy charges, you gain them not the totem, and they still buff the damage of the totem.
Last edited by Viktranka on Dec 15, 2019, 8:59:44 PM
My brain totally dropped the ball reading ConDes, I didn't realise it was specifically "reduced" and not "less" lol
Would Tukohama;s Fortress Shield be worth it until able to get one of the shaper shields? The shaper shields are quite expensive.
The problem with this shield is that we get Blood Magic, therefore no mana at all :( We would need much more HP.
Ran my first T11 with this build, my gear is pretty dogshit but it went smoothly. Planning to actually invest some currency before I move on (im still using gear I found while leveling through the acts for gods sake).

Damage is comfortable. Survivability is reasonable even with my terrible gear, flame dash being so fast and the inherent safe nature of totem play means I've barely died at all in maps so far (excluding some truly fucked metamorphs)

Probably my biggest issue is that when you're fighting metamorphs, the enourmous amount of screen effects from the totems combined with the fact that its already kinda hard to see whats going on in metamorph fights makes dodging things a big scary.

I've taken down conquerers up to tier 8 with absolutely no issue, they get melted pretty comfortably although the ice/wind one has an annoying habit of destroying the totems

For people starting off, I strongly recommend buying a shit 6 link (honestly you could probably just use a tabula), a shit shield with +1 totems and (later on) a helmet with either level of the %increase projectile speed lab enchant. These three things have been carrying me in spite of my otherwise abysmal gear.
Last edited by Hypershot1 on Dec 18, 2019, 10:36:21 AM
Having lots of fun with this build but I,m having a hard time finding a weapon upgrade.

At lv 81 i am still using a lv 7 wand because it has "+1 to all physical skill gems" and no matter what other weapon i try, this one has the most dps according to the tooltip.

Is this for real, does just having +1 level on the totem matter more than for instance 60 spell damage on a weapon ?
Last edited by Taliesin on Dec 18, 2019, 6:48:50 AM
Tune up my gear a bit and am currently at just shy of 1M shaper DPS (in total, each totem doing 250k)

What I want to know is can the fire streams "shotgun", or do npc's only get hit by one?

"
Taliesin wrote:
Having lots of fun with this build but I,m having a hard time finding a weapon upgrade.

At lv 81 i am still using a lv 7 wand because it has "+1 to all physical skill gems" and no matter what other weapon i try, this one has the most dps according to the tooltip.

Is this for real, does just having +1 level on the totem matter more than for instance 60 spell damage on a weapon ?

Tooltip dps is useless. Download Path of Building and import your account, it'll give the actual numbers and be much more useful.
yeah i did already and it says the same thing.
"
Taliesin wrote:
yeah i did already and it says the same thing.

You can use PoB to weight different stats against each other and figure out what will be best for your build. From my own experimenting, a +1 to all fire/physical/spells mod is by far the biggest dps provider, and then from there on you go for things like crit multi, crit chance, spell/fire damage, fire damage and so on.

Heres an example of a wand I managed to snag for about 1ex that has some pretty good stats on it (i'm pretty sure it was underpriced because its a lot better than other more expensive wands on the market)

Hope this gives an idea of what is good. I'm having a lot of fun with the build still (even if i'm hitting some survivability issues in later red maps.
Last edited by Hypershot1 on Dec 19, 2019, 6:22:28 AM
yeah thanks.

I kinda know about the other stats, i was just really confused that just
+1 level is so much more important than the other stats, i couldn't believe it.

Now at 84 i still use the same shitty lv7 wand because of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info