[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

OMFG I HIT THE 2 MODS I NEED HAHAHA
"
linear092 wrote:

Damn nice. Gz.
"
linear092 wrote:

I like your ideas! Especially the flame golem + elemental army for the penetration debuff. I see you're using inspiration as well, I like it myself since the totem benefits from every aspect of the gem, ele damage, crit and mana reduction is also great.

A question if you don't mind, how do you deal with Mind over Matter and only 500 unreserved mana? I find myself constantly OOM from hits and MOM eating away all my mana, so I'm forced to use mana flask, I see you don't have any so is there a better way around this issue?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
linear092 wrote:

I like your ideas! Especially the flame golem + elemental army for the penetration debuff. I see you're using inspiration as well, I like it myself since the totem benefits from every aspect of the gem, ele damage, crit and mana reduction is also great.

A question if you don't mind, how do you deal with Mind over Matter and only 500 unreserved mana? I find myself constantly OOM from hits and MOM eating away all my mana, so I'm forced to use mana flask, I see you don't have any so is there a better way around this issue?

Thanks for that.I think the best way to mitigate it is by using double essence worm so you could have full mana, by doing that I can't use a synthesized anguish ring. So far i've been doing ok, I have managed to upgrade/min max a few stuff btw and respec'd the tree for abit of both ends(damage/jewels and survivabilty).

I always move around and not stay still(depending if you have cover so your totems can do all the work), as to not get 1 shotted by random stuff (porcupines and etc) I did also try using an enduring mana flask to try and mitigate some damage, it didn't quite work out for me. I also tried removing aspect of the spider at times on super juiced out maps but for some reason I just don't feel comfortable without it.
Last edited by linear092 on Oct 14, 2019, 4:43:10 PM
What I meant is I tried to drop the mana flask for something better, but it would usually end with: get hit, have no mana to use spells, get hit again, die (especially in delve and not really any serious depths quite shallow still).

And yes, I used the synthesis Herald of Ash rings too. Essence Worm feels like a sacrifice of a lot of potential stats from a ring slot. :(

Damage feels okay, just the character is squishy and I can't find more ways to add some defense, atm experimenting with a legion jewel that adds more block. And trying to craft a chest but ran out of currency and that nasty spell crit didn't want to roll together with decent amount of life yet.

Wondering if it would make sense to drop MOM altogether (only keep the 10% from ascendancy) and use more mana reservation instead. And invest into mana only to the point to keep it above 2k for max payoff from Prodigal Perfection.
"
Viktranka wrote:
What I meant is I tried to drop the mana flask for something better, but it would usually end with: get hit, have no mana to use spells, get hit again, die (especially in delve and not really any serious depths quite shallow still).

And yes, I used the synthesis Herald of Ash rings too. Essence Worm feels like a sacrifice of a lot of potential stats from a ring slot. :(

Damage feels okay, just the character is squishy and I can't find more ways to add some defense, atm experimenting with a legion jewel that adds more block. And trying to craft a chest but ran out of currency and that nasty spell crit didn't want to roll together with decent amount of life yet.

Wondering if it would make sense to drop MOM altogether (only keep the 10% from ascendancy) and use more mana reservation instead. And invest into mana only to the point to keep it above 2k for max payoff from Prodigal Perfection.

Ive switched out the circle of anguish ring and put it another essence worm for my herald of ash, so far i get 1000 mana, reserving just 951. If i remove aspect i reserve just 39. I got to delve depth 200 fairly quick and met A lich king and Aul on the way. I swap back the rings when I meet bosses. The only trouble im having is when trying to look for walls in the darkness i stumble upon creatures blocking the way so i need to have plenty of flares. Even at full mana those things get me to 10% ehp ez, jeez.
Last edited by linear092 on Oct 15, 2019, 4:20:27 PM
is this guide still viable? i'm a new player and i've found this guide interesting, i'd like to follow this for my first blight league, what do you guys think? is it competitive and worth to build?
with love
"
is this guide still viable? i'm a new player and i've found this guide interesting, i'd like to follow this for my first blight league, what do you guys think? is it competitive and worth to build?
Definitely viable, I cleared most of the Atlas, red Elder and Shaper with quite cheap gear, just need to finish uber Elder now, build is a bit squishy but the damage on a low budget is really good imo.

I bought a random scepter for 4c with phys as extra fire and open prefix, and a random shield for 15c with +1 totem and 100 hp, 1-mod circles of anguish, and for majority of time was running in budget levelling gear (torchoak step, tabula, hrimnor's resolve) and the build still packed a decent punch, just the hp was low. So yeah you can go a long way before getting any of the good crafted / multicrafted items.

It's not as strong as the current king of the season necromancer, but it doesn't require big investment or rely on any special item to work, so that's a big plus in my book.

Only downside is you start with 1 totem until you get ascendancy and ancestral bond node, so you level with something else at start, whatever you like, orb or storms is the recent "levelling hit", I personally levelled with stormblast mines > icicle mines > pyroclast mines as they become available at different levels, because they cost virtually no mana while totems are fairly expensive early on before you build good mana pool. The lowest level I saw the +1 totem shields were around level 50-ish so you can get 4 totems then.
hey guys, can i ask how you should craft a good sceptre for this build? which resos/fossils should i use, and approximately how much chaos/ex would i need to spend on a relatively good shaper sceptre?
Melting all content...

Not sure how much dps :/ A LOT

I was wondering, should I switch my belt jewel with this one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info