[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

"
vegeto079 wrote:
GC totems leveling was pretty smooth for me.

Got to lvl 78 for now

I'm finding that my damage feels low on huge packs (like Breach) due to lack of AoE and not enough damage to 1-shot, and feels low on bosses as I have to sit around waiting for them to chunk down the damage. I can't really do Incursions at all right now, I don't deal enough damage to get anywhere.

I'm trying to make sure some totems are far away for stage 2 but with taunt sometimes it's difficult to keep most far away enough. Still the damage feels really bad sometimes, it's weirdly inconsistent. Sometimes it feels great.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear any help!

had a quick glance on your gear and links.
you're still only using a 4L. and you're already using GMP which is reducing your damage quite a lot, while you don't have any damage gem in your 4L also, your amulet has a "less" critical strike affix, which is reducing your chance to crit very much.

i'd suggest you get rid of the amulet. remove faster casting and put cold pen or hypothermia in the 4L (give both a try). get a 5th link. see if you really aready need a GMP or substitute it with LMP for a bit less damage penalty
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
Last edited by feuerbach on Mar 9, 2019, 9:15:43 AM
Ok, Im leveling this build now and just sharing some things.

I went with selfcast freezing pulse and later with more nodes went with totems. Damage was low. I unspecced Ancestral Bond and was just leveling with 1 FP totem and throwing Storm Brand on 4L.
This was much faster than 2 totems but I was still not impressed with the leveling speed.

But everything changed when I got Soul Mantle (only 4L atm!) +2x Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation. Its much better now so I deleted brand and specced again into Bond so running with 3 totems now (still using FP, Ice Spear will be better later). Im using GMP, damage good enough to not bother with LMP.

So if anyone wanna level this build I suggest some generic sunder/cleave build till level 50. Just grab some physical nodes near Duelist then do some patching to totem nodes and at lvl 50 when you have Soul mantle + jewel just unspec phys and go with totems. Every few levels just do some vendor recipe for some phys weapon or grab something from Synthesis, alot of weapons drop here very good for leveling. It will be faster this way.

"
Asag wrote:
Ok, Im leveling this build now and just sharing some things.

I went with selfcast freezing pulse and later with more nodes went with totems. Damage was low. I unspecced Ancestral Bond and was just leveling with 1 FP totem and throwing Storm Brand on 4L.
This was much faster than 2 totems but I was still not impressed with the leveling speed.

But everything changed when I got Soul Mantle (only 4L atm!) +2x Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation. Its much better now so I deleted brand and specced again into Bond so running with 3 totems now (still using FP, Ice Spear will be better later). Im using GMP, damage good enough to not bother with LMP.

So if anyone wanna level this build I suggest some generic sunder/cleave build till level 50. Just grab some physical nodes near Duelist then do some patching to totem nodes and at lvl 50 when you have Soul mantle + jewel just unspec phys and go with totems. Every few levels just do some vendor recipe for some phys weapon or grab something from Synthesis, alot of weapons drop here very good for leveling. It will be faster this way.

What gems are you using on the four link Soul Mantle?
"
unearthednjj wrote:
What gems are you using on the four link Soul Mantle?

FP - GMP - Increased Crit Dmg - Faster Casting.

Theres probably better 4L version but Im just leveling gems for final build so dont really care and damage is ok.
Last edited by Asag on Mar 9, 2019, 2:57:29 PM
Can you pls post a Complete Gem List ... Thx nice build
"
feuerbach wrote:
had a quick glance on your gear and links.
you're still only using a 4L. and you're already using GMP which is reducing your damage quite a lot, while you don't have any damage gem in your 4L also, your amulet has a "less" critical strike affix, which is reducing your chance to crit very much.

i'd suggest you get rid of the amulet. remove faster casting and put cold pen or hypothermia in the 4L (give both a try). get a 5th link. see if you really aready need a GMP or substitute it with LMP for a bit less damage penalty

Thanks - I did the following which helped a lot:
-5 link
-Switch FC for cold pen
-Use cold snap-bonechill
-Wear ele weak on hit gloves
-Add knockback jewel to help hit stage 2

Now my damage is much better.

Also the amulet is the best amulet you can get outside of Pandemonious - taking it off would reduce my damage by a total of 30%. Base crit on ice spear is so high that you can afford to lose the crit to gain the multi.

Here's my newer gear at level 85
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 10, 2019, 1:37:38 AM
I chose this build as league starter and i'm proud to tell that i cried only 3 times at acts
I use for leveling winter orb totems it is not bad. i think wo totems may be possible for clear trash
I pathed straight for totem nodes and levelled facebreaker AW. It was a smooth and pleasant levelling experience. The starter gear is not as powerful as AW facebreaker. It takes some time for this build to get going for sure, however it quickly outscales it's phys counterpart.

edit: Poacher's Aim solved all of my problems. that +1 pierce is a necessary mod.
Last edited by SkaSucks on Mar 11, 2019, 7:35:59 PM
What's the easiest way to get the colors right in the Soul mantle?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info